Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving in this morning and the door warning display showing on the odometer with the interior light on. Had to pop the bulbs when I turned off the ignition. Has anyone had this issue and what is the solution?

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
Driving in this morning and the door warning display showing on the odometer with the interior light on. Had to pop the bulbs when I turned off the ignition. Has anyone had this issue and what is the solution?
I must have a different dash than yours with the led read-outs. It shows "door-ajar" and shows which door is "a-jar". So I guess you pulled the bulb(s) out of the overhead map lights? Must be one defective door switch? Right? If the lift-gate is not closed the display on mine shows "liftgate ajar" and yes the map lights remain on.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As it happened, a can of ZEP penetrating oil came into my possession yesterday and after spraying into the door latch behind the striker plates on all doors and the tailgate fixed the problem. Wonderful stuff that ZEP.

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
As it happened, a can of ZEP penetrating oil came into my possession yesterday and after spraying into the door latch behind the striker plates on all doors and the tailgate fixed the problem. Wonderful stuff that ZEP.
John you couldn't find a cheaper fix! Great News...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts