Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Everyone,
My name is Ernny and have had my UK right hand drive Dodge Nitro 6XT 4x4 3.7 Engine for about 3 years now. I really love the car but I've been having electrical problems.
Whenever it rains the instrument panel just shuts down and nothing works. The wiper blades continuously moves without an control, headlamps is permanently on and the indicators dont work.
I have repaired the instrument panel twice and things work fine but anytime it rains the trouble starts up again.
Would really appreciate if anyone has an advice on how to solve this problem as I would still like to keep the car.
Thanks for your anticipated assistance.

·
Super Moderator
23,322 Posts
Welcome Ernny!

Are your issues because it is raining (water related) or is it because you are turning on your windshield wipers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rick,
Thanks for the interest. The issue is definitely if water related because when it rains or even having the car washed will cause the problem. As we speak it started this evening because it rained.

·
Super Moderator
23,322 Posts
Don't know what year your Nitro is and if the RECALL we had here in the US has anything to do with your issues but it could be a place to start. My 2007 Nitro had this RECALL and they ended up replacing the TIPM under warranty. Maybe water is entering your TIPM that is causing your issue. Don't think the wiper motor is the problem.

January 2010 Dealer Service Instructions for: Safety Recall J28 TIPM - Windshield Wiper Relays 2007 (KA) Dodge Nitro NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles built through June 29, 2007 (MDH 062909)

ALSO

Safety Recall J28 TIPM - Windshield Wiper Relays

Dodge Nitro: Wipers Inop

Good Luck
Let us know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know what year your Nitro is and if the RECALL we had here in the US has anything to do with your issues but it could be a place to start. My 2007 Nitro had this RECALL and they ended up replacing the TIPM under warranty. Maybe water is entering your TIPM that is causing your issue. Don't think the wiper motor is the problem.

January 2010 Dealer Service Instructions for: Safety Recall J28 TIPM - Windshield Wiper Relays 2007 (KA) Dodge Nitro NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles built through June 29, 2007 (MDH 062909)

ALSO

Safety Recall J28 TIPM - Windshield Wiper Relays

Dodge Nitro: Wipers Inop

Good Luck
Let us know
Hi Rick,
Once again thanks for your audience. The car is a 2008 model, hope this helps.
Cheers.
Ernest

·
Super Moderator
23,322 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks once again Rick, I will place n order to replace the wiper relay and see if that stops the problem. I really appreciate your help..
Cheers.
Ernest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts