Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend's 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 3.7 liter 2 wheel drive automatic first problem it over heated I replaced the thermostat. Well got so hot it melted some wires and terminals I'm needing some help all it's done is click one time I had the starter checked out that it was good I'm needing electrical system wiring diagram for the battery starter and alternator please help

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Dodge Nitro Owners Help Info

In this THREAD check out WIRING.pdf -- .

There was a time you could purchase wiring harness for the Nitro but now they are harder to find. If you decide you need a certain one let me know and I will see what I can find. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dodge Nitro Owners Help Info

In this THREAD check out WIRING.pdf -- .

There was a time you could purchase wiring harness for the Nitro but now they are harder to find. If you decide you need a certain one let me know and I will see what I can find. Good Luck!
Thanks I really need a good wiring diagram for the starter is there supposed to be a hot and a ground coming from the starter and does it matter the thickness of the wire ? please help

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
BatteryBLUE/RED(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS...THIS WIRE ONLY SUPPLYS 10 AMPS OF CURRENT, FOR HIGH CURRENT APPLICATION GO DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY
08 dodge nitro wiring -- posted image.
Ignition 1PINK/WHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1VIOLET/BROWN(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS...THIS WIRE IS ALSO THE KEYSENSE AND SECOND STARTER WIRE, USE A 580 OHM RESISTOR FOR SECOND ACCESSORY, FOR REMOTE START INFORMATION
Accessory 2PINK / YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS...NOT ON ALL MODELS
Starter 1YELLOW/GRAY(+)UNDER HOOD AT MODULE ON DRIVERS FENDER...NOT FOR REMOTE START*
Starter 2VIOLET/BROWN(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS...THIS WIRE IS ALSO THE KEY SENSE AND ACCESSORY WIRE, USE A 180 OHM RESISTOR FOR SECOND START FOR REMOTE START INFORMATION
Anti-Theft TypeSENTRY KEY® VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER
Anti-Theft DescriptTHE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
Key SenseVIOLET/BROWN(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS...THIS IS THE SAME WIRE AS THE SECOND STARTER AND THE ACCESSORY WIRE, USE A 8500 OHM RESISTOR FOR KEY SENSE, FOR REMOTE START INFORMATION
Speed SenseDARK GREEN/ BROWN(AC)AT PCM MODULE ON PASSENGER FENDER UNDER HOOD
Parking LightsWHITE/ VIOLET(+)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL
Brake LightsWHITE/ TAN(+)AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL...ALSO WHITE/ DARK GREEN IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL
Reverse LightsWHITE/ LIGHT GREEN(+)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL...ALSO AT MODULE UNDER HOOD ON DRIVER FENDER
HornDARK GREEN/ VIOLET(-)IN HARNESS AT STEERING COLUMN

Power UnlockVIOLET/DARK GREEN(-)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR...UNLOCK IS (-) THROUGH A 100 OHM RESISTOR, SAME WIRE FOR LOCK, MUST USE RELAYS
PowerLockVIOLET/DARK GREEN(-)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR...LOCK IS (-) THROUGH A 330 OHM RESISTOR, SAME WIRE FOR UNLOCK

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts