Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery on my R/T on Friday. The truck is fun to drive, pretty peppy and seems to be well built; the fit and finish is good. A few things caught my eye right off the bat.

The driver's power seat only adjusts the seat bottom and not the back. That has to be adjusted for desired tilt with the side lever and it is a bit awkward.

Closing the rear lift door is a two handed operation. They provide two inset handles in the door to pull it down, but it doesn't go the distance in latching in one move. I need to then grab the chrome Dodge logo on the outside to push it closed.

The EVIC display could be a bit larger. For example on the tire monitor portion of the display, the actual inflation numbers are very small, considerably smaller than the same feature on my 300C.

I wish it had a little more hidden storage space. Although I knew it was limited, it just seems that many SUV type trucks have some sort of closed space in the rear near the wheel wells. (I also though I was supposed to have a power outlet next to where the tire jack is, and I don't.)

I am not at the final "break in" period specified by Chrysler, and although it's been on the highway at 70 - 80 mph, I haven't done the full burst acceleration yet.

The dealer told me that after an oil change at 3000 miles, they recommend a change every 6000 miles after that. I'm pleased with that news as this is the first car that hasn't gotten a change every 3000 miles.

As a final note, the dealer delivered the car with 42 lbs in each tire. Even though I plan on changing over to nitrogen when we do the first oil change, I checked the door label and it says 33 psi for the 20 inch wheels. I've lowered the presssure to 35 psi and will see how the ride feels. When I drove on the highway with the original 42 psi, it was a rather firm feel.

I'll get some pictures up next weekend after I detail the 300C. This way I can make it a "family" portrait.

Be well,
Lee

·
Super Moderator
24,273 Posts
I took a few pictures yesterday.
Great looking ride and picture! The "One Way" arrow sign in the background shows you are headed the wrong way on that street. Hope you remembered to turn it around! Ha Ha.

Enjoy and Good Luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good Luck considering I've had the worst of luck! My dealer laughed at me when I questioned the 6000 mile oil change interval, and I said whats so funny and he said only if you want to blow the engine up. 3000 or you void the warranty, so I asked why the computer just like my Commander said 6000.? NO answer! GOOD LUCK mine is under LEMON REVIEW!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts