Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change the entire fog light assembly on my 2007 intro but I can't figure out how to get it out. Help please.

·
Super Moderator
23,347 Posts
I'm trying to change the entire fog light assembly on my 2007 intro but I can't figure out how to get it out. Help please.
Very Simple Jason, just like everything you just need to do it once! Ha Ha

Here is a LINK that should help. Please post if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Dodge NITRO: fog lights info

On my 2007 there are two "20 Torque" screws on the back side of each housing, to remove. (you may find Philips screws in other years) If you have the proper tools this I find is an easy way to install new bulbs instead of trying to remove old bulbs and install from the under your Nitro. My Post

·
Registered
4 Posts
New member - "Upstate NY"

Hi-

New member here from about 90 miles NNW of NY City. I'm actually an 'over the hill retired gear head' but have never been comfortable tearing away at electrical systems on vehicles with lots of electronics- which is almost anything newer than about '82 (8, although at this point I've luckily accumulated more tools and stuff than most mechanics
including a lift (shoulda picked one up 10 years ago!) and have been restoring an old sport bike in my basement every year for the past 7 or 8 years. Anyhow, none of that stuff is helping with this newest issue.
I really like my '07 Nitro but am too chicken to tear into it (8. I noticed about a month ago my left fog light
was out. The bulb was good but replaced it anyhow and reset the TIPM. No luck. Shortly after that,
the front right turn sig began working only intermittently. It's fine until the parking and/or headlamps were switched
ON then doesn't work- just the old fast-blink indicator. Additionally- the right front parking light is out, as is the
right front side marker. Bulbs are all good. I scoured the 'net for a couple of days and finally found that all
of those lights, including the LEFT FOG Lamp, are grounded at ground "G108", which is located on the front left fender well? That is the problem- I don't know exactly where it is but it doesn't appear to be out in the open. There are 2 sets of grounds on the inner left fender well, more or less under the front of the master cylinder. Both needed cleaning. AFTER cleaning these two sets of grounds (each one has 3 or 4 wires), my electric door lock intermittent problem went away but the lights issue is hanging in there. Anyone have an idea exactly WHERE G108 is? Maybe under the battery? Freezing in the garage right now. Had a furnace till recently but it appears the mother board has given up the ghost...

thanks in advance for any ideas-
bill

·
Super Moderator
23,347 Posts
NITRO
WIRING​.​pdf ​

Hi Bill & Welcome!

It looks like you already have reviewed the Nitro Wiring diagram. I don't remember anyone with the same issue but let me do some more checking and I will post it as soon as I can.

·
Super Moderator
23,347 Posts
2007 ACCESSORIES AND EQUIPMENT
Lamps/Lighting - Exterior - Service Information - Nitro

I think you might need to replace the Headlamp/Turn light switch as I have and posted Replacing Dodge Nitro Multi-Function Light Switch At least it is a suggestion.

This Combination SWITCH play an important role in ensuring driver safety and convenience in a full range of operating conditions. The switch control an array of functions from headlight and parking lights, windshield wipers and washers to turn signals, cruise control, hazard warning lights and more. From my experience not all will fail but just one or several functions. Good Luck, hopefully one of the two LINKS (in red) above will be helpful and please let us know what you find out to help others in the future.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 ACCESSORIES AND EQUIPMENT
Lamps/Lighting - Exterior - Service Information - Nitro

I think you might need to replace the Headlamp/Turn light switch as I have and posted Replacing Dodge Nitro Multi-Function Light Switch At least it is a suggestion.

This Combination SWITCH play an important role in ensuring driver safety and convenience in a full range of operating conditions. The switch control an array of functions from headlight and parking lights, windshield wipers and washers to turn signals, cruise control, hazard warning lights and more. From my experience not all will fail but just one or several functions. Good Luck, hopefully one of the two LINKS (in red) above will be helpful and please let us know what you find out to help others in the future.......

thanks, Rick. Will do!

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks, Rick. Will do!
Quick follow up/update on this- I finally slid underneath the vehicle and could see some rusted threads coming thru near the front left corner of the frame. There was enough room to reach in and feel the top of that bolt where
there were wires held down. Had to pull the battery in order to see it from the top of the vehicle. It's well below
the battery tray and maybe 6 inches forward, and has an 8mm head. Removing the grill allows access to it but without
removing additional things (the rad support?) you can't get a socket on it, not easily anyhow. The bolt anchors
2 groups of ground wires, one group of about 5 and another group of around 7 wires. I gently grabbed the smaller group of wires (the top ring) and they just pulled out as if they had been loose for a while. The colors matched those designated for ground "G108" that I had been looking for. I've got more tools than most mechanics but without dissembling more of the vehicle, it was just too rusted to come out and the area doesn't lend itself to a torch flame (8 SOOOO I bit the bullet and snipped them and used the rest of the afternoon to solder on 5 new ends putting 3 loops on a nearby empty hole and splicing 2 longer wires (these were bigger 12 gauge or so) and running them about another 3 feet to 1 of 2 unused studs on the inner fender just outside the TIPM, using star washers to get a good bite. 7 hours later, all of the lights, including both fog lights, work perfectly again. So, G108 is the ground in front and beneath the battery and I believe G107 grounds the opposite lights and is probably located underneath the air intake at the right front front of the vehicle.

have a great one.
b

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts