Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Nitro SLT and it comes with the Chrome Front Grille. I am wanting to make it black like the rest of my vehicle. Wondering if anybody knows how to purchase the grille off of an R/T or a suggested painting method for this. I have searched for the R/T grille to purchase and have a hard time finding one that will allow you to choose a color for it to come in.

If anybody has done this and has pictures to show that would be great. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well thanks to all that helped out on this one.....

Today i painted my front grille black instead of having that ugly chrome shit on the front. I have to say i was a little worried about the way it would have turned out but i am actually very happy with it.

I started with a sanding block and sanded the shit out of it, going in one direction. than went and purchased a can of flat black plastic paint. After about 3 coats and letting it dry i put the grille back on and it looks awesome.

No need for a paint booth, just an empty garage and a little time is all that was needed. Pictuers to come later.

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
Thanks for the update and look forward to your pictures!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got out this morning and took some pics of the finished job. Excuse the dirty-ness of my truck, its been raining a lot.

Before

After

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
Great job! Only you will know it is not factory:) Thanks for your pictures and good luck with your next Nitro project, whatever it is!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nitro black grill

hi i just got a black 2010 nitro and was looking for a chrome grill because mine is black . maybe we can work some thing out just let me know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi i just got a black 2010 nitro and was looking for a chrome grill because mine is black . maybe we can work some thing out just let me know
If you want, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something. I would be willing to buy a new chrome one and ship it to you with a return label for your black one. If you are interested in doing something like that let me know where you live so i can figure in shipping and handling. Maybe also a more direct like of contact. Personal email or maybe a phone number. Its up to you. But i would be willing to do a trade or give money for it. As my grille just started chipping and I am not looking forward to having to paint it every two weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure which part you are talking about. The 4 rectangles in the center of grille came black. During the painting process I just went right over them. The emblem was also black around the Ram. I just taped that off during painting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Devilspawned
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing