Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am considering buying the 2008 Dodge Nitro or possibly 2009 depending, but I have noticed that there are 2 versions of the front bumper going around. The euro with the little lip at the bottom, and the USA version with the flat edge lip at the bottom front and the raised edges on the main bit of the bumper.

Euro / Aussie front bumper
http://www.dodge.com.ph/08_nitro/img/home_main.jpg

US front bumper
http://www.dodge.com.au/accessories/downloads/2007_nitro_accessory_brochure.pdf

I like the US version much better, is there anyway I can get that put on my Aussie Dodge Nitro when I place my order?

Does it have a part number that I could possibly have it shiped over here if need be?

Desperatly want the US one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Hi all,

Am considering buying the 2008 Dodge Nitro or possibly 2009 depending, but I have noticed that there are 2 versions of the front bumper going around. The euro with the little lip at the bottom, and the USA version with the flat edge lip at the bottom front and the raised edges on the main bit of the bumper.

Euro / Aussie front bumper
http://www.dodge.com.ph/08_nitro/img/home_main.jpg

US front bumper
http://www.dodge.com.au/accessories/downloads/2007_nitro_accessory_brochure.pdf

I like the US version much better, is there anyway I can get that put on my Aussie Dodge Nitro when I place my order?

Does it have a part number that I could possibly have it shiped over here if need be?

Desperatly want the US one.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks for both of your great posts and Links but I don't have any answers for you. Sorry! Hopefully someone else can help. For me I like the non-US bumper better, but that is what makes the world go around I guess. I sure don't understand why there are any differences in the Nitro on the bumper or paint unless it has to due with the suppliers. You might be the only one in the whole world that has noticed this! You could buy a replacement US bumper, but it would have to be painted and shipped and the cost would be at least $600 and you would be the only one I suspect to notice this modification. For that kind of change I would go with a more noticeable accessory or paint work.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
must just be more international changes. might have to do with pedestrian safety?

IMO its not worth the extra cost to change it...unles you crack the factory one up...at that point it might be worth it

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
U.S. bumper

You didn't sign your name so I'll call you Bazza.

The flat panel is a bolt on which on my 07 SXT is cracked already from hitting a snow bank, which wouldn't be an issue to you, but if you have high kerbs on your pavement (side walk to the yanks), you might break it.
If your euro bumper also has the shorter skirt bolted on, you might be able to order the U.S. skirt through your dealer.
Where is the euro Nitro built? anyone?

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the posts guys, any of you wouldnt be able to have access to a part number number for this item by any chance???

Also chasing another item which is different from the USA version.

This is the car that is shown in our brochures (R/t)
Anyone with a Red Nitro could you please upload some photos of your car - Dodge-Downunder - The Southern Hemisphere's Modern Dodge Community

but we get the euro version as shown above in the original post.

The R/T also has a orange indicator lense on the front lamps and color front grill outline.

So I am chasing USA front bumper and USA indicator lense and colored front grill outline. (part numbers anyone???)

Is there like a Dodge Nitro factory contact anywhere? I emailed dodge but havent heard back.

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Thanks for the posts guys, any of you wouldnt be able to have access to a part number number for this item by any chance???

Also chasing another item which is different from the USA version.

This is the car that is shown in our brochures (R/t)
Anyone with a Red Nitro could you please upload some photos of your car - Dodge-Downunder - The Southern Hemisphere's Modern Dodge Community

but we get the euro version as shown above in the original post.

The R/T also has a orange indicator lense on the front lamps and color front grill outline.

T

So I am chasing USA front bumper and USA indicator lense and colored front grill outline. (part numbers anyone???)

Is there like a Dodge Nitro factory contact anywhere? I emailed dodge but havent heard back.
Thanks for your interesting info about what a non- US Nitro is. Strange when we are told about a "World Car" that can not be built to US Standards because of other Countries requirements. I knew European vehicles were always different and in many cases could not even be imported unless modified due to our "Safety Standards" here in the US, but didn't think much about other Countries body parts or paint choices. Bet there are some real neat parts out there that many of us would like to modify our US built Nitros with, if we knew about them and they were available to us. Thanks again and Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing