Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM Challenges Ford to Truck Tug o' War

Jan. 20, 2010 10:01 a.m.

And we thought the domestic truck wars couldn't get any manlier.

Automobile Magazine reports, " It's easy enough to claim bragging rights in the heavy-duty truck segment, but for the next iteration of its Chevrolet Silverado HD -- destined to launch at the Chicago auto show -- GM has a different idea: Challenge the Ford Super Duty to a literal tug of war."

The gauntlet was thrown down in a Pickuptrucks.com interview with GM vice chairman in charge of global product operations, Tom Stephens. Stephens told the site, "You're going to love our new diesel Duramax engine in the new Heavy Duty," and added "You know what I want to do to prove it? I want to take our truck and Ford's [new Super Duty] and chain them together back -to-back. Then I want to have them pull against each other. I know our truck will beat theirs."

It is, as Pickuptrucks.com says, "a powerful statement of confidence in the new haulers."

But Stephens might be held to it. Autoblog reports "After making sure Stephens was serious [Pickuptrucks.com] contacted Ford to see if it was interested in the challenge. He hasn't gotten an official response yet, but he's ready to play referee and set up an event in Texas to pit the two H-D haulers against each other. Consider the gauntlet thrown. Ford? We anxiously await your response..."

LINK: GM Challenges Ford to Truck Tug o' War - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

1 - 1 of 1 Posts