Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Potential Dodge Nitro owner here joining up to seek advice on buying a pre owned Dodge Nitro. Probably looking at something in the 15-18k range. Just wondering if anyone has any specific advice on whether to go with a Nitro (I'm sure this isn't the place for criticism tho) or rather certain aspects or problems common to Nitros to watch out for when shopping around. Hey thx for reading and let me know if I should repost this somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
23,454 Posts
Hey all,
Potential Dodge Nitro owner here joining up to seek advice on buying a pre owned Dodge Nitro. Probably looking at something in the 15-18k range. Just wondering if anyone has any specific advice on whether to go with a Nitro (I'm sure this isn't the place for criticism tho) or rather certain aspects or problems common to Nitros to watch out for when shopping around. Hey thx for reading and let me know if I should repost this somewhere.
Welcome and Good Luck! I'm inclined to recommend the R/T having one myself. They seem to have the best track record on the early ones (2007 up) with the 4.0 engine and all the other HD parts that are now standard on the 2011/2012. Let us know if it all works out!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Germany, d3c0y!

Well, I recommend to search a 2008 or younger. Look at first here for TSB and Recall Information, and check on the Car of your Choice, if these Issues have been solved.

further Points to check from my Experience (I am riding a 2007 Diesel), which are not covered by TSB or Recall:
- Corrosion on Axles, Rods, Arms
- Dash Board Position too low (check gap to A-Pillar)
- Bag around Hand Brake damaged

1 - 3 of 3 Posts