Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I live in SW PA east of Pittsburgh. We just purchased a 2010 Nitro Detonator in white replacing my wife's 05 Mustang. So far the car has been pretty good, it has a noise when accelerating and decelerating that has to be addressed. Other than that it is a great car. Here is a photo.

Snowdog

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Welcome Snowdog and thanks for the picture! Believe you are the First 2010 Nitro Detonator member! Want to see one with factory hood strips but that may be a 2011 option only. Don't know. Good Luck with your new Nitro.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am guessing the stripes are going to be on the 2011 models. The dealer got 2 yellow ones in and neither have the stripes on them.
I'm going to do some shopping on the MOPAR performance site for an exhaust and possibly a CAI for it, I am not looking to make a race truck out of it, just help it breathe and maybe squeeze a little more fuel mileage from it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am curious also. We took it in once and they couldn't duplicate it. I took it to run around last week and it started the noise so I took it right up to the dealer. I took a tech for a ride and it made all kinds of noise. He listened and said "well this will be really fun to find, but at least I heard it and can duplicate it now".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to pickup the Nitro, they found out what the noise is. It is an A/C valve they have to order. I'll try and talk them into letting me take the 6 speed Challenger R/T they have for a loaner when it gets fixed.

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
I am going to pickup the Nitro, they found out what the noise is. It is an A/C valve they have to order. I'll try and talk them into letting me take the 6 speed Challenger R/T they have for a loaner when it gets fixed.
Good Luck with that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts