Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, newbie here and I have a 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd and the heater/defroster system just went out, all of a sudden, boom no more heat. Has anyone heard of this happening before for this year Nitro?

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is your 2011 still under warranty? When you say your heat went out, do you mean that it no longer blows air? If that is the case, it might be the fuse, or the big resistor located behind the glove compartment. Does it blow air, but only cold? If so, possibly the mixing valve is stuck closed. Rotate the knob cold to hot and back a couple of times and see what happens. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for delay in my response back. I did get the heating issue looked at and the whole motor went out. Not sure how or why because the car is not that old. Well everything is all fixed and I now have heat thank god because its cold where I live.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Sorry for delay in my response back. I did get the heating issue looked at and the whole motor went out. Not sure how or why because the car is not that old. Well everything is all fixed and I now have heat thank god because its cold where I live.
Great news! Thanks for your reply, and yes it must have just been a defective motor. Not a common repair. Good Luck in the future with no issues.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thanks for getting back to us with your fix. This is the first time that I heard of the whole motor going out. Did they fix it under warranty for you? :confused:

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts