Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Shawn and I drive a 06 TrailBlazer EXT and I'm an active member of a Forum dedicated to the GMT360/370 platform(IDK if it's against the rules to post the forum name, but you'll see it in my pic ;))

I'm here because we traded my wifes POS 08 Avenger in or a new 2011 Dark Charcoal Pearl Nitro Heat. I only have 1 crappy pic of it now, but I'm sure you've all seen a stock Nitro before.

If you could post some info I should know or common problems I would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Problems? What problems?

I now have 140,000km [78,500miles] on my '07 SXT 3.7L since I bought it in Feb '08, off lease or ex rental, 11 months old with 24,892mls on it, US vehicle imported into Canada. Paid $18,950.00CDN for 'her'.
Replaced the transfer case shifter motor after the first winter. Wiper switch recall J28, replaced the brake rotors and pads at 74,600mls, put projector lamps on and now am at the point of changing the spark plugs with Bosch platinums. Running Toyo 16" Open Country tyres and really recommend them.
Total service cost since February '08 [including the projectors] $5,330.00CDN.
I guess some members here will say I've been lucky, maybe.

Welcome and enjoy your new love.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Welcome. I just purchased mine 6 weeks ago, so I can't give you any input on problems. My previous ride was a 2006 Jeep Commander which I purchased new. I had "0" issues with it which is a testament to how Chrysler builds their vehicles. Since the Nitro is basically a Jeep Liberty on steroids, I anticipate no problems for the next 5 years. I do like the Nitro in black. When I purchased mine ($3,000 rebate!) the dealer had only two - red with sunroof, or silver. Both Nitro Heats. Since my Commander was silver, I chose the silver one. Since then, a burnt orange color Detonator has arrived. I guess I should have waited. But, I am happy with my choice. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,454 Posts
Welcome Shawn and as you can see by the previous reply's you should have little or no issues. These Nitros are really built like a truck and weigh like one too! Being a 2011 model there have been no recalls I am aware of, and if you have a good Dealership for service they will check it out on each oil change, anyway. Good Luck and Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Shawn and as you can see by the previous reply's you should have little or no issues. These Nitros are really built like a truck and weigh like one too! Being a 2011 model there have been no recalls I am aware of, and if you have a good Dealership for service they will check it out on each oil change, anyway. Good Luck and Enjoy!
My dealerships service department sucks :mad: but we like the sales staff. My wife had a 04 Liberty before the Avenger, and thats one reason we gave the Nitro with the 3.7 a chance

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
My dealerships service department sucks :mad: but we like the sales staff. My wife had a 04 Liberty before the Avenger, and thats one reason we gave the Nitro with the 3.7 a chance
Prior to the Commander, I had an 03 Liberty Renegade with the 3.7. Again, no issues so I feel good about my decision to go with a Nitro. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts