Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outside molding strip on the back seat passenger door is coming loose. When the door is opened, the molding catches and folds back about 2 inches from the hinged end of the door. Apparently, it is coming unglued. Anyone have this problem? Is there a kit for sticking loose molding back on?

·
Super Moderator
23,868 Posts
The outside molding strip on the back seat passenger door is coming loose. When the door is opened, the molding catches and folds back about 2 inches from the hinged end of the door. Apparently, it is coming unglued. Anyone have this problem? Is there a kit for sticking loose molding back on?
Hi Alaska Sherry!

Is this the molding you are talking about?

Since you are really up in Alaska you have a problem re-installing any outside trim molding since the body needs to be warm to hot, like 80 degrees! Here almost any store that sell automotive parts sells adhesive for this. You apply per instructions after cleaning both surfaces, tape in place and let it dry and cure. No reason to remove the complete molding, just peel back to loose part. Make sure you have it straight after applying the adhesive. The hotter the better, so if it is not that hot outside(?) it is a heated garage inside job. Using a hair dryer will speed up this process. You need to pre-heat the door before, by either leaving outside or inside. Does this help? Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's the molding strip.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to take my Nitro to the dealer in Anchorage. A really hot day where I live is in the 70s. At lease I can take the directions you sent with me when I go to a shop. I really appreaciate the quick reply.
Sherry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts