Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 nitro has started for some reason (not all the time) loosing all power, as though it get to the tubo boost part and it don't kick in? About 2000rpm and it has an auto box so when you hit a hill you could get out and walk faster! Turn the engine of wait a minute and all is well again? I have noticed the trans or engine together have been a little jerky lately and a whooshing noise when you pull away with acceleration from the area I would say behind the throttle pedal, that is where the cat is??? It has 41,000 miles on he clock. Thanks for any help received in advance from the UK.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Because you mention turbo, you must have the CRD. Sorry to say, but the CRD was never offered in The States, so I can offer you little help.

One thing that you might try would be to reset your Truck's computer, because you say that this is not happening all of the time. Disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for at least 10 minutes, or so. This will erase any memory - sort of like restarting your home computer. Try this and see what happens, and let us know if it helps.

BTW, I'd love to have the CRD! :eek:

:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that! I will try, since I posted I have had some more investigations and disconnected the linkage from the vgt and the replicates the problem, the motor used to mark the linkage cannot be moved by hand this is due to gearing or is seized? But if seized you would think it would have the fault and the time? Never mind I will try the earth. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update, we are getting code P0299 turbo underbooste, cant see any leakes pipes, cooler ect. cant find any info in europe main dealer will tell me nothing :mad:

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
update, we are getting code P0299 turbo underbooste, cant see any leakes pipes, cooler ect. cant find any info in europe main dealer will tell me nothing :mad:
As expected NO PO299 is shown in our U.S. Nitro codes. Sorry.

Using Google Search I found it is PO299 - low turbo boost I suggest that you too do a search "Online" to find a Site that is devoted to Diesel. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts