Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to purchase the necessary parts to do the Hood Bracket and Gas Shock Mod.

I have found the Ameritool BR-212-32 Stainless Steel Angle Bracket at Maxum Hardware
Ameritool Brackets 625 & 750 Series - Ameritool BR-212-32 Stainless Steel Angle Bracket - Maxum Hardware

However, I am not 100% sure which Gas Spring Damper to get.
I have found the following:

Ameritool 700-7-EDP Damper
(EDP =Damping on extension)
700 Series EDP Dampers - Ameritool 700-7-EDP Damper - Maxum Hardware

Ameritool 700-7-CDP Damper
(CDP =Damping on compression)
700 Series CDP Dampers - Ameritool 700-7-CDP Damper - Maxum Hardware

Ameritool 700-7-DDP Damper
(DDP =Dual direction damper)
700 Series DDP Dampers - Ameritool 700-7-DDP Damper - Maxum Hardware

GS20-8NN-50 Gas Spring Pair
(Standard Compression Gas Springs)
Replacement Gas Springs Per Pair - 20" Ext 50 Lbs Gas Spring - Maxum Hardware

I am trying to figure out the damping orientation, i.e. on compression, on extension or dual.
My initial thought would be on extension.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

BTW: I'm in the UK so looks like I'll have to import the parts.

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts

This is a complete hood Kit made just for our Nitro and available for shipping to Europe. Might be an answer to your request.

2007-11 Dodge Nitro Hood QuickLIFT PLUS & QuickLIFT ELITE

Video
Redline Tuning 2007+ Dodge Nitro Hood QuickLIFT system
Uploaded on Dec 4, 2009

Replace your hood's prop rod today with our Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT system. There are always areas that every OEM doesn't address due to cost, and our high-quality hood QuickLIFT system is one of them... Two gas-springs that lift and hold your hood without the need for a poorly placed prop-rod, simply start to lift your hood and let our QuickLIFT system take over. Your hood will lift and hold firmly at the raised position - no wind or bumping will knock it down on your head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers for reply and link :)

Like the look of the QuickLIFT ELITE kit
Price $119.95 + shipping to UK = $164.93 USD / £108.82 GBP

Started searching around and stumbled across the SGS site
NitroLift stainless steel gas struts

So looked at building a kit:
Total £102.84 delivered

Umm :confused: decisions, decisions!

EDIT: For the sake of £6, I personally think it would be better to go for the Redline kit which is tried, tested and specifically fits the Nitro.

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Open Hood How To 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Open Hood How To 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Video Description

This video shows you how to open the hood in your 2010 Dodge Nitro. Popping the hood on your Nitro is a two step process, you need to release the hood latch inside your Nitro and then you need to release the safety latch under your hood in the front of your Nitro. The video above shows you the location of both hood latches. Sometimes, the hood on Dodges gets stuck and won't pop up after the interior latch is released. If this occurs on your Nitro, simply pull up on the hood and it should pop up for you to release the second latch. Sometimes, especially on older Nitros, you may have difficulty getting your hood to latch when you close it. In this case, the interior release lever on your 2010 Dodge Nitro is probably stuck in the "open" position - push the release lever back and forth several times and then try to close your hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing