Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have joined this forum today as I am planning to pick up my Dodge Nitro SXT Auto (2007) with all the toys in Met Red next weds!!!

I have no real understanding about the car, other than the owner reviews and that I love the look of them, as you guys here!

I understand that the model I have purchased has a well known US workhorse of an engine (2.8l diesel) not the 3.7 petrol, although that sounds like a beast of an engine too!

I plan to also add a few items, such as side steps, chrome door handle covers and side air grills and chrome door mirror covers.

I would also like to explore what Sat/Nav dvd/Blutooth/radio head units are good and compatible to replace the currently installed unit in the dash, any suggestions please.

Looking forward to my new car and sharing my experiences with you all...if that is alright with you guys...promise not to ask endless upgrade questions (particularly once I have understood how to navigate myself around this forum properly)

·
Super Moderator
23,461 Posts
Welcome Spencer!

We can't share much about the diesel engine since it was never sold in the U.S Nitro but there are several posts from members outside the U.S. with one. Most everything else you might want to know or add should be covered. The radio GPS is also covered under the Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Section but for the U.S. Not sure about what is available or used in the U.K. but here you can purchase a complete replacement "Online" and if never unlocked use a product Lockpick to do so. Good Luck with your new ride and enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UK Newbie

Hi, Many thanks for your prompt and interesting reply.

Yes, you are quite right, we in the UK generally regard German engineering as very reliable and Mercedes, although recently having experienced some reliability issues, (not with their engines) are still regarded as a good buy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts