Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in canada,
thinking of doing an hid upgrade on my 07 nitro. just thought of putting them into the stock housings.
wondering what companies make a good upgrade and not burn out after 3 months...

and if not a hid upgrade..whats the best bulb to go with?

.....i want to do the upgrade on the headlights and the driving lights..

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Any of these should work, but it is my understanding the "Halo" should be stated as CCFL, to be the most up to date version. There are many more to choose from on ebay; here is a link to one. Some have a black background, some have a chrome background like the stock lamps. These all seem to be plug and play, with just one extra connection for the Halo lights. Look at the signal lights - some use the standard Nitro bulb, and some appear to be LED's.

07-09 DODGE NITRO CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS CHROME | eBay

:cool:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
HID and Halo projector lamps

I installed a pair of projector lamps from CARid on my 07 SXT, then decided to install HID low beam lamps in the projectors [from extralights], good idea you think, wrong move. When installed and engine not running they looked great. really set the front end off. However, start the motor and there is a flicker for which you must get a pair of HID Flicker-Fix Modules. Bought and installed and was really disapointed cause now you get a scatter effect which you didn't notice before because of the flicker. Took the damned HIDs, put them in a box and stuck them in the closet, $200 down the drain. Went back to the projectors with which I am happy. At the same time thought to install aftermarket LED bulbs. Indicators start flashing like crazy, took them out. Side marker lamps, when I pulled the grill forwards, the cables were sat there disconnected and full of dirt. Looks like they were never hooked up at the plant. the LED bulbs are still sat in my cup holder. Well that's my story. Go with projectors and forget about HIDs, after all it's the HIDs in original lamps that PISS EVERYONE OFF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jhnhopkins
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing