Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2007 Nitro SLT. Physically it came the Uconnect button's and the universal garage door opener. My problems lie here:

1. With Uconnect, I've followed the directions in the owner's manual and when I press the phone button, it tells me "Uconnect Unavailable", my phone is bluetooth compatible, but I didn't see it on the "list" of compatible phone's on Dodge's website.

2. I tried programming the universal garage door opener per the owner's manual and it wouldn't program. Then I read about the "rolling code" that might be going on with the garage door opener and tried programming it that way, but still got nothing.

I can't see where I'm doing something different than the manufacturer's recommendations, but I'm bought the car used from Carmax, it was a fleet/lease car before I bought it and I didn't know if these features were already installed, maybe disconnected, or if they're in place and waiting for activation. Thanks fro help!

·
Super Moderator
23,216 Posts
I recently bought a 2007 Nitro SLT. Physically it came the Uconnect button's and the universal garage door opener. My problems lie here:

1. With Uconnect, I've followed the directions in the owner's manual and when I press the phone button, it tells me "Uconnect Unavailable", my phone is bluetooth compatible, but I didn't see it on the "list" of compatible phone's on Dodge's website.

2. I tried programming the universal garage door opener per the owner's manual and it wouldn't program. Then I read about the "rolling code" that might be going on with the garage door opener and tried programming it that way, but still got nothing.

I can't see where I'm doing something different than the manufacturer's recommendations, but I'm bought the car used from Carmax, it was a fleet/lease car before I bought it and I didn't know if these features were already installed, maybe disconnected, or if they're in place and waiting for activation. Thanks fro help!
Welcome! From one that has done both you should be able to perform both! First off you need to see that you have the latest Uconnect software installed discussed in this Forum. The latest one allowed me to download and transfer my phones contact list. All the previous ones I had to enter manually. Also check out your phone's Owners Manual on how to have it recognized. You have to use both systems to allow your phone to be set up. May take several tries, however. I have both my Wife's and my cell phone set up and they work great. The Web Site may not be updated showing your phone but with the latest software installed I suspect it will work just fine. Good Luck and check back in and let us know how you are doing. Like a lot of things it is more complicated the first time.

As far as the garage door opener, if you have a roaming code as I do, you have a red button on garage door motor that has to be pushed and you have a very short time to activate your Nitro built in opener.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts