Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm new and I hope someone has the answer for me.

On a new nitro without cruise, I see that there is no mopar kit to add cruise. However, I believe it may be possible to add the switch/column shroud and then program that it has cruise since it's drive by wire, etc.

Does anyone have any practical experience with this? I would obviously prefer to use the factory pieces, but I may go aftermarket if neccessary.

Thanks!!!

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok guys, sorry I just kind of answered my own question with a few phone calls but thought I'd at least put up the info.

So in the aftermarket they use the factory switch/handle for the cruise and source a wiring harness. So it looks and acts just as factory, it would just have some wiring that is not actually inside the loom from the column to the pcm.

$329 was list on our local area putting it in. IT could be a do-it-yourself cheaper w/ the factory switch, etc. except for the fact that sourcing the pcm pins would be a bit more difficult.

·
Super Moderator
23,866 Posts
Ok guys, sorry I just kind of answered my own question with a few phone calls but thought I'd at least put up the info.

So in the aftermarket they use the factory switch/handle for the cruise and source a wiring harness. So it looks and acts just as factory, it would just have some wiring that is not actually inside the loom from the column to the pcm.

$329 was list on our local area putting it in. IT could be a do-it-yourself cheaper w/ the factory switch, etc. except for the fact that sourcing the pcm pins would be a bit more difficult.
Thanks for your Post(s) and WELCOME! Let us know how it all works out for you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts