Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone reversed into my rear bumper yesterday smashing it to pieces. I managed to pick up a good second hand one this morning. Is it a hard job to replace the rear bumpers on these cars? Could anyone tell me or show me pics of what's involved, so that I can see if I'm able to do this without having to spend money at the garage

Many thanks..Nige

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Someone reversed into my rear bumper yesterday smashing it to pieces. I managed to pick up a good second hand one this morning. Is it a hard job to replace the rear bumpers on these cars? Could anyone tell me or show me pics of what's involved, so that I can see if I'm able to do this without having to spend money at the garage

Many thanks..Nige
Welcome! Will see what I can find for you. Check back later.

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts

This is the best I could find to help you. If you do decide to do your install it would be helpful to report back with pictures if possible or tips for others. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Rick, it's greatly apprecaited. When removing the plastic rivets, do you just push the centre "pin" through until it falls out & then retrieve the pins afterwards, or are the pins likely to get trapped inside the bodywork somewhere?

Thanks...Nige

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Thanks for that Rick, it's greatly apprecaited. When removing the plastic rivets, do you just push the centre "pin" through until it falls out & then retrieve the pins afterwards, or are the pins likely to get trapped inside the bodywork somewhere?

Thanks...Nige
I really don't know but if they are like the others used on the Nitro they pull out. Keep us informed on your progress and I'm sure you will save a lot of money doing this replacement yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts