Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, searched but couldn't find a thread similar to this, so apologies if there's already one running.
how many Miles of kilometres has your nitro done? I'm wondering how much longer mine will be viable for.

2007 (MY08) SXT 2.8 CRD with 200,000 km (125,000 miles)

Finding parts are getting hard to find and are expensive!

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Having a 2.8 CRD engine (not available in the US) should double your engine life. Otherwise you should just have replacement of service parts. We have seen some here with 200,000 miles with no major issues. Good Luck with yours!

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Having a 2.8 CRD engine (not available in the US) should double your engine life. Otherwise you should just have replacement of service parts. We have seen some here with 200,000 miles with no major issues. Good Luck with yours!
oz-nitro you might find the below Thread interesting

Potential Future Nitro Owner

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure a modern crd engine would get double the life of a petrol/gas motor...... egr, inlets coking up from turbo/ crankcase vent oil...........
We'll see.
Next problem could be the Mercedes Benz 5 speed auto in it....... Was towing my boat recently had check engine light come on. Code was transmission gear ratio incorrect. (i.e. transmission slipping.) Changed the oil and filter and oil was a bit dark and burned smelling. and there was a bit of "metallic paint" in the bottom of the pan i collected it in when i emptied it out......... Although i didn't notice any in the bottom of the transmission pan and i did also drain the front diff into the same pan, so hopefully it wasn't from the trans. I'm going to try send a sample of the trans oil somewhere to get tested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts