EASY PIC POSTING INFO:
If the photo you want to post is in your Photo Gallery on this site
, you can copy the IMG
code, found beneath each photo, into your post and that will embed the pic.For photos you want to post, but don't want to add to your Gallery, a very simple method is to use a hosting site such as www.tinypic.com for single pics, or www.photobucket.com for multiple pics. Both are free, but PhotoBucket does require registration.
1) know in advance where the photo files that you wish to post are located. (to make it easier, you may wish to copy the files to your desktop)
2) Go to one of the above hosting websites and use the 'browse' button to locate and select the files on your computer
2-A) For multiple pics, use Photobucket: click the '+ add more' button before using the 'browse' feature to select the pics
3) Click the 'Upload' button to upload the pic(s)
4) Several different file types will be generated - Select the .IMG file and copy/paste that entire IMG link into your post.
5) After pasting the IMG file, please note you will NOT see the actual pic UNTIL you click "Preview Post".
6) After you preview and verify your pics are inserted successfully, click "submit" and your post is complete!
After you have done this the first time, it is really very simple!
This method has been confirmed to work well for both PC's and Mac's
You can also post pics using the site feature for uploading and attaching files, which is found just below the reply window:
Click reply and type your message, but don't click submit yet...
- Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options"
- In the "Attach Files" field, click "Manage Attachments"
- A pop-up window for uploading will appear. You can only upload 1 pic at a time and the size limit is stated per extension type, which may require you to re-size your pics before upload... info for re-sizing can be found below
- This method will post your image as a thumbnail, which readers can then click to view. If you want to embed the enlarged view in your post, copy the url for the image, then click the
symbol on the toolbar above the post reply window, and paste the url in the pop-up window that appears
PIC RESIZING INFO:
If your image files are very large, you may need to re-size them to fit the max allowed upload (usually 800 x 600). You can use your photo software to do this or you can download PIXresizer, a freeware program recommended by PC mag, here ...if you do not arrive at the program page directly, type PIXresizer in your search engine.
And, if you are using Windows XP, it's even simpler.
If you haven't already done so, download Windows Powertoys here free, which includes a right-click pic re-sizer, then:
1) right-click the pic
2) select 'resize'
3-A) for normal posting: click 'small' or 'medium' and skip to step 5
3-B) for an avatar: click 'advanced' at the bottom of the window and proceed to step 4 and 5
4) select 'custom' and enter the desired dimensions based on the posted avatar size limit
5) click 'ok' then link to the re-sized photo from the upload browser as previously explained