Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE:
TWO Threads on Nitro Projector Headlamps!

ONE about these types of lights, how they look installed; four options available; warranty and price.

Dodge Nitro Projector Headlamps & Repair

Installing-Dodge-Nitro-Projector-Headlamps

TWO is if are considering purchasing them or have, how to install them. (This Thread)

INSTRUCTIONS

Projector “Plug and Play” headlamp assemblies for 2007-2010 Dodge Nitro (all models) This is a simple install.

Pictures examples are JDM Black Projector Headlamps Style “B” but can be used for the other options, too

Time Required:

This is a simple installation that should not take more than two hours! It does require removal of the Nitro grille since the headlamp assemblies are mounted to the back of the grille.

Tools and Supplies Required or Recommended:

drop lamp

needle nose pliers

small straight blade screwdriver

headlamp torx screwdriver

wire ties(not included but may be required)

painters masking tape (recommended)

short bungee cord (not required)

wire connectors (not included but required)

Tools

First:
Mask off top of bumper with painters masking tape and outline of grille to keep from scratching when removing or reinstalling Nitro grille.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Raise hood, remove black pop-pins (4 total) two on fenders to grille may have a screw type center, screw counter-clockwise, and pry up center pin, the pull complete pin out with needle nose pliers. The two center pins require prying-up the center pin section, the pulling complete pin out with needle nose pliers. Remove two torx screws to radiator support on each side.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carefully pull on grille at sides to release fasteners at fenders.

Remove side marker lamp, headlamp and turn lamp connectors at this time. With the top released and all wire connections pull the grille outward and the bottom fasteners will released. Nice to have help at this point but can be done by you, only.

Take the complete grille inside as I did and place on carpet or a smooth non abrasive surface and turn it over.

You will find that only three screws hold each lamp assembly into the grille.

NOTE: When installing these new Projector housings make sure that neither ballast/inverter has attached themselves to the side of these housings during shipping. They do have adhesive tape, but cannot be attached to these lamps for them to fit back into the radiator housing.

If you are doing this with no help as I did, you might want to wrap-up the ballast/inverters (brown and black with the two “Halo” wires with a rubber band to ease install.

Align the center lower grille pin and fasteners and then re-hook side lamp bulb, headlamp and turn lamp connectors making sure the ballast/inverters are inside the engine compartment with the one red and black wires to power the “Halo” rings. I used a bungee cord to secure the top of the grille while hooking everything up and checking to see if all lights work before reattaching top of the grille. Only thing left is hooking up the “Halo” wire to some power source, such as parking lamps. You might want to do this now also. You will also need to secure the two ballast/inverters on each lamp. I used long wire ties.

UPDATE: When mounting (mine had sticky adhesive on the back) the Halo Inverter Ballasts should be located in a place that allows you to replace them when they fail, not hidden behind the lamps. I had to pull the Nitro battery to replace the left one. If you have to add wiring to lengthen then for simple access now during installation, it will be much simpler now than after-the fact.

Replacement Inverter CCFL Angel Eyes Halo Ring Inverter

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Everytime i see this thread I want to install on my black SXT, Rick. I live in a condo apartment building so cannot do the work in the parking lot, but maybe in work after hours. How about a 'printer friendly' version of the install instructions before I buy??

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everytime i see this thread I want to install on my black SXT, Rick. I live in a condo apartment building so cannot do the work in the parking lot, but maybe in work after hours. How about a 'printer friendly' version of the install instructions before I buy??
Not sure really what you want, but at the top of this Thread (and all others) if you click on "Thread Tools" then you can select Printable Version, and you can print out any post. Does this help?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Rick. Thanks for the training. lol. That's another way of saying the same thing, thanks. I see a price of $425.00 on their webpage and you mention discount coupons. Where do I find this section? On their webpage? Sorry, I'm Canadian, you have to help me here. lol

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick. Thanks for the training. lol. That's another way of saying the same thing, thanks. I see a price of $425.00 on their webpage and you mention discount coupons. Where do I find this section? On their webpage? Sorry, I'm Canadian, you have to help me here. lol

It is on the first page after you add your choice to the shopping cart and then you enter FORUMS in the Coupon Box and click redeem, and the price is then lowered a whopping $42.50! Next page is where you enter your payment info. Hope this helps..

Good Luck and please post pictures of your install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking to put these on my new R/T, as I cannot resist the temptation. My question, with the LED blinkers in the front, is there any special resistors or relays needed to keep the back blinkers from blinking really fast?

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing else needed, just Plug & Play! You do have the option to not having the LED lights, but they really are the only way to go as for updating, I think! They really look cool when in use. Good Luck & Enjoy your new mod!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rick,

Are you using HID bulbs in the projectors? If so, did you have to use the canceler/resistor to stop the flickering?

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick,

Are you using HID bulbs in the projectors? If so, did you have to use the canceler/resistor to stop the flickering?
Just using the bulbs that came with these units and they work just fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just using the bulbs that came with these units and they work just fine.
I assume by your answer you installed the optional HID kit? Is this correct? Also what did you tie wrap the ballest to if you remember? You said you had to tap the parking light circuit for the halos correct? The regular LED parking lights are just plug n play correct ? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assume by your answer you installed the optional HID kit? Is this correct? Also what did you tie wrap the ballest to if you remember? You said you had to tap the parking light circuit for the halos correct? The regular LED parking lights are just plug n play correct ? Thank you
Don't know what you are asking? These lamps require no ballast and nothing else and are shown here. No need to modify and replace these lamps supplied with these assemblies. You must have some other product that I don't have. My Lamps:

JDM Black with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL) - 2007 Dodge Nitro Projector Headlights
low T-5 55W
T-3 ½ hi beam bulb 55W
Projector Headlights are completely DOT compliant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the following: Crystal Clear with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL)
# THL-10472 - Dodge Nitro 2007-2009, Custom Crystal Clear Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs, Clear Halo Projector Lens and Amber Reflector, 1 Pair. Technologically advanced CCFL Halo rings glow with 4X more intensity than traditional halo rings and last much longer.
Options: OPTIONAL HID: (NT-25369-5000K) - Diamond White HID Kit

When i read your install and you mention a ballast I thought yours was an HID install

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yes I have the same lights and I don't believe this universal option was available back when I ordered and installed mine. Many of replacement lamps have been bought by members here and as far as I know you must be the first to choose to change out the standard bulbs, and go with the Universal H.I.D Xenon Light System Conversion Kit. Sorry for the confusion but I can not address your issues but if someone else here has installed this kit please reply to flyingdutchman.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered the following: Crystal Clear with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL)
# THL-10472 - Dodge Nitro 2007-2009, Custom Crystal Clear Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs, Clear Halo Projector Lens and Amber Reflector, 1 Pair. Technologically advanced CCFL Halo rings glow with 4X more intensity than traditional halo rings and last much longer.
Options: OPTIONAL HID: (NT-25369-5000K) - Diamond White HID Kit

When i read your install and you mention a ballast I thought yours was an HID install
-FlyingDutchman
Have you installed the assembly with the HID's yet? I tried on mine and the pattern is very messed up and not uniform like I would expect.

I read elsewhere that being that the HID bulbs are longer than the halogen, they do not focus correctly. Does anyone know if it is possible to aim the projectors?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
13 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing