Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - i'm new , just got my 2nd Nitro ( 2,7 SXT diesel) - why are they so costly to Insure? any recommendations ? Mine is standard , I have 9yrs NCB , no mods and just one SP30.I'm 64 and do 2k miles /year SD&P only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm new too but welcome to the forum. Yeah, guy, nitro is costly to insure. Not only nitro but every car mods. Yes, @dananorth is correct, there are ways to insure a modified car, but the thing is that it's expensive tbh. Cars with mods cost more to insure. And when you modify your car, they say it's a must to tell your insurance provider because the mods won't be covered, and if any damages should occur, you'll be at a loss. But what I'll advise you on is to look into a policy where you’re being charged per mile. You can read here to understand fully; Pay as you go car insurance. They call it a pay-as-you-go policy. But if you drive too much, you might need to consider another option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Insurance?
I bought my Nitro about 10 days ago, and for various reasons , I was keeping my last car, ...Easy enough , add it onto the policy as i have done before ?? well no.
Another thing was the NCB was only going to apply to ONE car
Second, Take out a new policy with the Broker,, Easy again no, the Broker wouldn't entertain the second car on a second policy

Cheapest........£1500

So to Go Compare and the furry Mercats,
Both those produce a shed load of Insurers.........Anyway Churchill was at the low end cost wise on both those (there were cheaper ones )

Interesting that the price was different of both the sites by £80

Anyway £335

( I did spend about 30 min going through the policy met my requirements on the phone)

Also as Gundyr points out the non-disclosure of mod, leads to potential serious problem, in that the whole liability land in your lap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts