Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have studied all over the internet for a couple of months now along with the owner’s manual for my 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat Top/Roof.
Mine has no none of these Rails/Racks/Bars, it has 2 removeable side pieces and extra bolts not connected to anything, I guess that something can be placed on the roof.
What could I purchase and place on the roof permanently to maybe carry mattress, wood boards or other wide things on the roof some time or another?
Attached are the photos of my Nitro Roof, any ideas would be appreciated!!
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Tire
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Tire

·
Super Moderator
25,349 Posts
First Off great post with pictures!

I'm not sure your roof is different from other years of the Nitro. I will agree that it is different than what my 2007 is that was modified due to a recall. This bars look like what I have but the rails are different NOT like yours.

When did Dodge Nitro start using roof rails?
Initially, the 2007 and early 2008's came with the metal rails so the production cross bar kits for these years did not come with the metal rails. If you can find one of these kits, you will be fine. The kits made for later 2008 through 2011 include the rails.

These state REPLACEMENT?

BRIGHTLINES Crossbars Roof Rack OE Style Replacement for 2007-2012 Dodge Nitro

Are you sure this Mopar 82211487 kit will not fit?

Did you read our THREADS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
First Off great post with pictures!

I'm not sure your roof is different from other years of the Nitro. I will agree that it is different than what my 2007 is that was modified due to a recall. This bars look like what I have but the rails are different NOT like yours.

When did Dodge Nitro start using roof rails?
Initially, the 2007 and early 2008's came with the metal rails so the production cross bar kits for these years did not come with the metal rails. If you can find one of these kits, you will be fine. The kits made for later 2008 through 2011 include the rails.
View attachment 3796

These state REPLACEMENT?

BRIGHTLINES Crossbars Roof Rack OE Style Replacement for 2007-2012 Dodge Nitro
View attachment 3795

Are you sure this Mopar 82211487 kit will not fit?
That’s exactly the kit that Ernest the OP needs, the 2008-12 Nitro’s came sans the metal U-channels that the ‘07’s came Stock with, regardless of whether the cross-bars were optioned or not. The 07 specific kit, omits the metal U-Channels, which is why those kits werent recommended for the 2008-12’s, that never had the rack parts to begin with..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts