Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to buy the wife Kia Sorento and came home with a 2007 Nitro R/T 2wd. I have a very happy wife now. I dont know if all the R/T's came fully loaded. But I am impressed with all the extras in the Nitro R/T.

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Nearly all R/Ts in the Midwest are 4X4s, are you located in Florida?

Welcome and enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am Phoenix Arizona. I thought all R/T's were 4x4 so i was thrown off to see a 2wd. We really don't do any 4 wheeling so the 2wd is perfect to me, the wife and the dogs to basic hiking trail and do fine on the freeway. We got the copper colored one.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will probably see a slightly better MPG with your 2wd, because in the 4wd models, the front driveshaft and front axles are constantly rotating, just not engaged, as in old style 4wd trucks. I was pretty well ticked off when I found out about this. I was researching how the front hubs locked - and found out they do not need to lock/unlock because they are always turning, which lowers the overall MPG.

:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is pretty lame you can't disengage the front drive shaft. I was looking at the car fax and the tranny has was service at 48k miles and at 58k miles. Is there any issue with the Nitro tranny I should be watching out for?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
that is pretty lame you can't disengage the front drive shaft. I was looking at the car fax and the tranny has was service at 48k miles and at 58k miles. Is there any issue with the Nitro tranny I should be watching out for?
None that I am aware of. Mine is a 2011, and I purchased it April 2011, so I really haven't had any issues with it yet.

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts