Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Lockpick V4 unit, it is really easy. The only real gotcha is removing the bezel from the console area. Mine was really tight and I took my time and used a combination of two techniques to help make the process easier and try to prevent any damange. There are posts that show how to remove the top storage tray (remove the rubber insert and take out two screws) which allows better access to the bezel top. Coastal Tech also has a video whichs shows the pop points to loosen the bezel:

NITRO INSTALL

Again, be sure to take your time and be careful and no damage should result. :)

The unit appears to be working as advertised. :)

Cy

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I didn't know there was a video on how to remove the center stack bezel. I have had mine out 2 times in the past month - once to install my Navus 2 and once to get the part number off of my radio. I can have the bezel in and out in less than a minute! One time when the dealer was working on my Commander, the technician left me a brand new, shiny red trim removal tool and it has saved my butt on countless instances. I think it was payment for leaving a mark on my dash face plate!
I'm not sure if I am a fan of the lock pick idea. I'm sure that it is up to the individual, but it would seem to me to be another driver distraction; sort of like texting while driving. Just my 2c.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main reason for getting the Lockpick was to unlock GPS use while the vehicle is moving. My wife and I travel and it is ridiculous that she or I as the passenger can't make changes to the GPS. Next I will be adding some cameras and that functionality was also unlocked. Otherwise things like watching a movie while driving is of no interest other than the government/dealership does not need to tell me how to use my property...common sense or the Darwin principle will work that out. ;)

Cy

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
My Navus 2 has a built in over ride; if I try to find an address, it asks me if I want to over ride, and then it lets me input the data. I do not see the need to watch a movie when I am driving, or even listen to one, for that matter. My Commander had the rear seat VES. The kids could watch a movie, and listen through the head phones. I had the option of listening to the sound track of the movie or any music source I chose. The rear speakers shut off if the head phones were in use. I am in the process of duplicating this set up in the Nitro, but I am having little success.
:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts