Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a tail light bar and need some help with the electrical installation seeing as I don't have the towing hitch receiver.

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
So I purchased a tail light bar and need some help with the electrical installation seeing as I don't have the towing hitch receiver.
Flexible LED Strips

"Which wire is power and which is ground?"
The silver wire is 12v +, and the gold wire is 12v - (ground). However, some strips will have the 12v + on the gold. If you accidentally reverse them, nothing bad will happen.

Well Gizmo I don't have a light bar but have installed LED strips as daylight running lamps on my wife's Ford Taurus.

You will have to find a power source and that would be your tail lamps.

This LINK should help.

Let us know how it all works out and Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
Nippon™ LED Tailgate Bar

Universal Nippon™ LED Tailgate Bar by Nippon America®. Nippon America offers the products that will surely hit the spot and answer the purpose of those customers who opt for a perfect price-quality ratio. Regardless of the item...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Rick so far no luck I guess I just need to find a dmm and find out which cable is which lol

I would think a test light would be all you need. Do you want the light bar to be on when you brake or on anytime your lights are on? Then splice in to the power wire (ground the other) that feeds the TAIL LIGHT LAMP SOCKET CIRCUIT BOARD shown below. Maybe I'm wrong but there must be a way.

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing