Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Welcome redneckr/t!

Ground Clearance? Mudding in a R/T/? Thanks for your post with pictures, but I thought they were going to be "Before & After". How many quarters did it take to get it cleaned up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought three dollars worth it was hilariously fun to take the nitro out to the mud pits got through were most jacked up trucks get stuck

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is the muddiest Nitro that I have ever seen.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Ahhh, I remember the days with my CJ5...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks I live in the country of south Carolina there ain't much to do except take SUVs and trucks off into the woods I am planning on putting some a/t nitto's before a lift on the stock rims eventually I'm planning on getting some mickey Thompson m/t's and a two inch lift

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thanks I live in the country of south Carolina there ain't much to do except take SUVs and trucks off into the woods I am planning on putting some a/t nitto's before a lift on the stock rims eventually I'm planning on getting some mickey Thompson m/t's and a two inch lift
Good job. Let us know what you decide, and post pictures. We always like pictures. One thing you need to keep in mind with your tire chioce: You will need to keep the overall diameter of the tire at 30.5", to avoid any rub issues, with or with out a lift. This is because of the design of the front fender flares. They go straight down at the leading and trailing edges. But, if you don't mind cutting/shaving the pinch welds, or modifying the inner fender wells and cutting the outer front fender flares at the bottom, you can go bigger. Your choice, and how much work you want to put into doing this. But, the results can be awesome, and you will have one unique truck. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any suggestions for a lift. I plan on shaving the front wheel wells an inch and a quarter just for a tougher look

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Any suggestions for a lift. I plan on shaving the front wheel wells an inch and a quarter just for a tougher look
Check out the Jeep Liberty forum. The Nitro is basically a Jeep Liberty with a 2" longer wheelbase. Any lift that fits the Liberty - 2008 - 2013 - will also fit the Nitro. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Took the nitro to the dealership yesterday I have a ticking the dealership changed the oil and the noise stopped for an hour or so any suggestions on what it might be

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Since you have an R/T, you have the 4.0, and I have no experience with this engine. The 3.7 is known to tick, like a diesel, but I am not sure about the 4.0. Since you had the work done at the dealer, have them take a look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
4 inch lift

I have a 2007 r/t 2wd I was looking into the jba 4 inch lift but it says its only for the 3.7 models how can this be and will it still work........ Should I spend the extra 500 on skid plates

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I believe that the skid plates from the second generation Jeep Liberty will fit the Nitro, and should be a lot cheaper than $500. What engine do you have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lifted Nitros

figured I would post this to see who all lifted their Nitros and how they have handled on the road. What tire and rim combos were used and what lift they would recommend. I have a 08 Nitro and was thinking of lifting it a few inches and maybe running some 255-70-17 tires any input would be great

·
Registered
4 Posts
Increasing the clearance

Hi all....I have a 2008 Nitro and wish to increase the clearance from the ground. Even though the rest of the vehicle is high off the ground, the front grill really reduces the actual clearance. I've even had the front grill scrap parking lot curbs when parking.

How can I increase the ground clearance (or replace the grill with another kind of grill that doesn't go down as far)?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Hi all....I have a 2008 Nitro and wish to increase the clearance from the ground. Even though the rest of the vehicle is high off the ground, the front grill really reduces the actual clearance. I've even had the front grill scrap parking lot curbs when parking.

How can I increase the ground clearance (or replace the grill with another kind of grill that doesn't go down as far)?

Thanks

Check out Dodge Nitro Performance Suspension

or call their Technical questions and assistance with CARiD TechDesk

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Dodge Nitro Lift Kits

Dodge Nitro Lift Kits

Raise your Dodge Nitro with a lift kit and enjoy a commanding view from the cabin and the additional clearance for big tires and off-road

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
23 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing