Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT about a month ago. The car went into Limp Mode about 5 days ago. A licensed mechanic just replaced the Egr Valve in my Dodge Nitro SLT and the Nitro is still in Limp Mode. These are the codes that were diagnosed P1404, P0406 & P0405 before the valve was replaced.
Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
TLove

·
Super Moderator
24,263 Posts
Dodge Nitro: Engine Problems / Code Errors

Did you check out the above LINK?

What is the deal with your mechanic? Did he reset the Nitro computer or cancel the codes? He did not complete or address your issues and just gave you a bill?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Nitro: Engine Problems / Code Errors

Did you check out the above LINK?

What is the deal with your mechanic? Did he reset the Nitro computer or cancel the codes? He did not complete or address your issues and just gave you a bill?
Rick, thank you so much for your quick response. He cleared the codes and now the new codes are P0406 & P0403. I was advised to take it to another mechanic that runs his own shop because the mechanic that I'm dealing now with still can not find out why the Nitro is still in "Limp Mode". I paid for the parts and for the repairs he did 2 the Nitro thus far. Just need to get my car fixed asap. I'm sure if I knew how to advise my mechanic now how to fix it he would.

Thank u again,
TLove

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick, thank you so much for your quick response. He cleared the codes and now the new codes are P0406 & P0403. I was advised to take it to another mechanic that runs his own shop because the mechanic that I'm dealing now with still can not find out why the Nitro is still in "Limp Mode". I paid for the parts and for the repairs he did 2 the Nitro thus far. Just need to get my car fixed asap. I'm sure if I knew how to advise my mechanic now how to fix it he would.

Thank u again,
TLove
No, I'm checking it now. I'm not a mechanic but I'll check the link and make sure the next mechanic knows the important information.

·
Super Moderator
24,263 Posts
It could be a broken wire or bad connection on the new part. That would be great. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts