Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: go to www.buyautotruckaccessories.com and type in dodge nitro and a bunch of picture icons will list what items they have. some are actually cheaper than the original dodge parts. have not ordered anything yet.

hope this thread helps out.

mcnabb in louisiana............:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Try this one Mcnabb.

MCNABB said:
:cool: go to www.buyautotruckaccessories.com and type in dodge nitro and a bunch of picture icons will list what items they have. some are actually cheaper than the original dodge parts. have not ordered anything yet.

hope this thread helps out.

mcnabb in louisiana............:cool:
;)
Mcnabb I suggest you try Automotive concepts.com. Type in Dodge Nitro and I think you'll see that there is more than 20 pages of mods available for our Nitros. :D So far I've added 12 mods including day time running lights,using my KC distance lights on the Bull Bar . Their prices are fair and the service is great.I screwed up on the door moulding install and they were kind enough to send me another set at half price.
Florida Roadie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i learned to count to 27 today!!

Florida Roadie said:
;)
Mcnabb I suggest you try Automotive concepts.com. Type in Dodge Nitro and I think you'll see that there is more than 20 pages of mods available for our Nitros. :D So far I've added 12 mods including day time running lights,using my KC distance lights on the Bull Bar . Their prices are fair and the service is great.I screwed up on the door moulding install and they were kind enough to send me another set at half price.
Florida Roadie
:cool: florida roadie, thanks for the info to this website, i looked at all of the 27 pages of dodge nitro stuff, some looked good, the nitro air horn at 142db looks very interesting even though the price is kinda of high for me.

check out this website if you don't already know about it, www.moparpartsamerica.com, this is a pretty cool website also.

thanks again florida roadie!!

mcnabb in louisiana.............:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
MCNABB said:
:cool: florida roadie, thanks for the info to this website, i looked at all of the 27 pages of dodge nitro stuff, some looked good, the nitro air horn at 142db looks very interesting even though the price is kinda of high for me.

check out this website if you don't already know about it, www.moparpartsamerica.com, this is a pretty cool website also.

thanks again florida roadie!!

mcnabb in louisiana.............:cool:
Hey McNabb ..Thanks for that info. Another site that I found is Truck Candy .com When I had trouble finding a Westin Bull Bar they not only had 1 but 7 in stock. Fishdist was having the same trouble and I sent him there .He found the same good service and fast delivery that I recieved. They offered a very good price and included free delivery. Apparently they are very new to the industry but are quickly expanding their inventory.
;) Florida Roadie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bet you have not seen this part for the nitro!!

Florida Roadie said:
Hey McNabb ..Thanks for that info. Another site that I found is Truck Candy .com When I had trouble finding a Westin Bull Bar they not only had 1 but 7 in stock. Fishdist was having the same trouble and I sent him there .He found the same good service and fast delivery that I recieved. They offered a very good price and included free delivery. Apparently they are very new to the industry but are quickly expanding their inventory.
;) Florida Roadie
:D i've been looking all over the internet, calling people and still no luck on finding a light bar that mounts onto the existing roof rails so that i can install some offroad lights on them. i know that the current design is to buy the roof rack{$$$$$}, then buy the luggage rack{$$$$}, then have to buy the light kit, which i know i'll have to do anyway. the price of the roof rack and luggage rack i think together they are at least over $500.00, not including the lights!

the light bar that i'm talking about is something like the company at www.carr.com make and carry but they do not have anything for the nitro. will welcome all answers. oh, one more thing, becareful out and about "florida roadie", reason being is because my ex-wife is hibernating somewhere around the apopka, florida area!!! if you ever stumble across her path make sure you don't feed her, in some places it is considered a misdeamenor and you may get fined!!! ha, ha, ha!!! did i spell misdeamenor right? it doesn't look to be.

mcnabb in louisiana.............:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Magnaflow single cat-back rear exit installed

I have just recently installed a Magna-flow cat back on my black Nitro 6spd. The results were great. The sound is refined and not too loud, it seems to deepen it up and add a little head turn from the different sound the dodge power plant makes. I was satisfied as is loud enough to be heard (stock was silent) buy dosnt wake the neighbours every morning. I got it through Mopac Performance Distributors at a discount. total after shipping was $367.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
upgrading the exhaust system

:cool:
Rover12 said:
I have just recently installed a Magna-flow cat back on my black Nitro 6spd. The results were great. The sound is refined and not too loud, it seems to deepen it up and add a little head turn from the different sound the dodge power plant makes. I was satisfied as is loud enough to be heard (stock was silent) buy dosnt wake the neighbours every morning. I got it through Mopac Performance Distributors at a discount. total after shipping was $367.00

:D i bet it sounds good "rover 12", hope the "12" is not your real age. if it is you are very lucky and have great connections to get a vehicle. i went a little bit cheaper in price and got a flowmaster 40 series installed on my 07 blue nitro slt. the price was around $200.00 with tax and it was done at midas muffler in lake charles, louisiana. it does make a big difference in sound. wouldn't go back to the stock if they paid me. yes, sounds like it puts the nitro in a higher engine class as for the sound, head turning, feel of a earth moving vehicle while driving and just listen when you punch the pedal what kind of sound comes out....."the beast!!!".:D

mcnabb in louisiana...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Hey Mc Nabb !!

MCNABB said:
:D i've been looking all over the internet, calling people and still no luck on finding a light bar that mounts onto the existing roof rails so that i can install some offroad lights on them. i know that the current design is to buy the roof rack{$$$$$}, then buy the luggage rack{$$$$}, then have to buy the light kit, which i know i'll have to do anyway. the price of the roof rack and luggage rack i think together they are at least over $500.00, not including the lights!

the light bar that i'm talking about is something like the company at www.carr.com make and carry but they do not have anything for the nitro. will welcome all answers. oh, one more thing, becareful out and about "florida roadie", reason being is because my ex-wife is hibernating somewhere around the apopka, florida area!!! if you ever stumble across her path make sure you don't feed her, in some places it is considered a misdeamenor and you may get fined!!! ha, ha, ha!!! did i spell misdeamenor right? it doesn't look to be.

mcnabb in louisiana.............:D
Your Ex. is that wild ??? The game commision has put a "No Feed The Wild Animals " on her ? Damn Man ,no wonder you split. Thanks for the heads up. Apopka Ave. runs a half mile from my home. Let me know what she looks like .If I get the chance ,I'll try my new Hog Bar out :D Lets hope she doesn't bust up my newly mounted KC long range lights.:eek:
Florida Roadie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Roof mount light bar .

MCNABB said:
:D i've been looking all over the internet, calling people and still no luck on finding a light bar that mounts onto the existing roof rails so that i can install some offroad lights on them. i know that the current design is to buy the roof rack{$$$$$}, then buy the luggage rack{$$$$}, then have to buy the light kit, which i know i'll have to do anyway. the price of the roof rack and luggage rack i think together they are at least over $500.00, not including the lights!

the light bar that i'm talking about is something like the company at www.carr.com make and carry but they do not have anything for the nitro. will welcome all answers. oh, one more thing, becareful out and about "florida roadie", reason being is because my ex-wife is hibernating somewhere around the apopka, florida area!!! if you ever stumble across her path make sure you don't feed her, in some places it is considered a misdeamenor and you may get fined!!! ha, ha, ha!!! did i spell misdeamenor right? it doesn't look to be.

mcnabb in louisiana.............:D
McNabb I found a Universal mount bar that may be able to be jerry rigged to mount on your Nitro. It's by KC Hilites ,model KC 7524 ,stainless steel .I saw it @ $ 128.99 If you can't locate it PM me with your e-mail and I'll send the link.
Florida Roadie
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to tame or not to tame?????????????

Florida Roadie said:
Your Ex. is that wild ??? The game commision has put a "No Feed The Wild Animals " on her ? Damn Man ,no wonder you split. Thanks for the heads up. Apopka Ave. runs a half mile from my home. Let me know what she looks like .If I get the chance ,I'll try my new Hog Bar out :D Lets hope she doesn't bust up my newly mounted KC long range lights.:eek:
Florida Roadie
hey florida roadie, all i can say is that i tried to tame her for 5 years and her behavioral trait was of a significant find, so significant that "wildlife and fisheries", well they became almost stepchildren to me. you probably won't see her because she likes to run and hide "hibernate". if you find yourself in an area of say the swamps and you smell a beasty aroma, well don't embark upon it because if you do, we might be seeing an episode of the "wild kingdom" and you and #%&*!) &*^%@# are the main topic for the century!!!

be brave, good luck and always carry your weapon of choice. caution is to be on your side though because your nitro, as powerful as it is, probably will not be of assistance for you if the crisis comes around. if you are one of the few.........................good hunting. may nothing happen to you, my friend!

mcnabb in louisiana.........:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks florida roadie!!!!!!!!!!

Florida Roadie said:
McNabb I found a Universal mount bar that may be able to be jerry rigged to mount on your Nitro. It's by KC Hilites ,model KC 7524 ,stainless steel .I saw it @ $ 128.99 If you can't locate it PM me with your e-mail and I'll send the link.
Florida Roadie
:)
:D it's good to here from you since we last talked. remember......the beasty smell in the swamp is not good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyou for the info about the light bar. i'll go to ask.com and find the info, if not i'll get with you on the e-mail like you mentioned.

today i ordered a unique bumper guard with a light bar that is stainless steel, for my nitro. will post the website so that you can take a look at it. i hope its not going to be swaying in the wind. thanks again and good talking. go to www.car-stuff.com and check out the tubular bumper guard/light bar and let me know what you think.

mcnabb in louisiana...........:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Bumper Guard .

MCNABB said:
:D it's good to here from you since we last talked. remember......the beasty smell in the swamp is not good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyou for the info about the light bar. i'll go to ask.com and find the info, if not i'll get with you on the e-mail like you mentioned.

today i ordered a unique bumper guard with a light bar that is stainless steel, for my nitro. will post the website so that you can take a look at it. i hope its not going to be swaying in the wind. thanks again and good talking. go to www.car-stuff.com and check out the tubular bumper guard/light bar and let me know what you think.

mcnabb in louisiana...........:D
McNabb all I could find was the Grille guard with a light mount for $ 204 ,was that it ? If so it looked like it could do the job.
Florida Roadie
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yep, i suppose that was close to it.

Florida Roadie said:
McNabb all I could find was the Grille guard with a light mount for $ 204 ,was that it ? If so it looked like it could do the job.
Florida Roadie
:)

:D florida roadie, how are you doing? the bumper guard is the grill guard with the light mount and it is stainless steel for $258.02. this one looks different from all of the ordinary bull bar and wraparound designs, i want one.

will let you know when i get it, how it looks, what the quality is, how easy it is to install and most of all, try again to download a finished picture with all 4 offroad lights on it. the part # r92509400.

good talking to you my friend, about my ex, haven't seen her in over 12 years and that makes life grand!!! be safe.

mcnabb in louisiana.........:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you have these items?

TruckStuff said:
Mcnabb, Thanks for the shout out. I hope to hear from you guys soon
:D hello, truck stuff, glad to hear from you. here are a couple of accessories that i am looking to buy immediately!!

1). rampage dakar bar grille guard, stainless steel for my 2007 dodge nitro. the cost at car-stuff.com is $258.02 with free shipping. #r92509400

2). rampage dakar bar grille guard mounting kit for my 2007 dodge nitro. the cost at car-stuff.com is $57.53 with free shipping. #r9250999

do you carry these items or able to get them? still having communication problems with car-stuff. would rather buy from a well known company. thanks truckstuff.

mcnabb in louisiana............:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Mcnabb, sorry to say i do not carry that line. I have some bull bars and brush guards but I dont have that. Is there anything else that anyone needs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Intakes

TruckStuff said:
Mcnabb, sorry to say i do not carry that line. I have some bull bars and brush guards but I dont have that. Is there anything else that anyone needs?
Yep a Brute Force cai for my 4.0 R/T. Without all the import add ons.:eek:
Roadie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also...........

TruckStuff said:
Mcnabb, sorry to say i do not carry that line. I have some bull bars and brush guards but I dont have that. Is there anything else that anyone needs?
:cool: truckstuff, how about a light bar to be added to the top of the dodge nitro so i can get my offroad lights up there without having to buy roof rails, luggage rack and a whole lot of other junk that i don't need?

florida roadie has a request on the post before mine.

appreciate the help, truckstuff!!!:cool:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top