Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought it last Sat. Oct. 6th for my 30th b-day present to myself....Picked it up the following Wednesday....nothing like seeing a black SLT with the chrome 20's...the chrome nerf bars are on back order!! Drove it home, and later that night, the engine light went on, took it in, they said the thermostat was out of range......light is off, Drove it home this morning (Sat.) and "bing"...the light goes back on...taking her in again Monday!!! It sux, but this happens with new cars especially 1st generation ones, when I bought my f-150 years ago it had tons of bugs, abut when all worked out it was a solid truck for the last ten years. I guess time will tell, hopefully just the swapping of the stat will be all it needs and none of the stalling stories will be one I will be telling!!! FYI for those of you thinking about buying one GET the upgraded stereo, I am VERY picky with my audio and the system literally had me smiling!!! Will post pics when all the trim I ordered comes in!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
jabo77 said:
Bought it last Sat. Oct. 6th for my 30th b-day present to myself....Picked it up the following Wednesday....nothing like seeing a black SLT with the chrome 20's...the chrome nerf bars are on back order!! Drove it home, and later that night, the engine light went on, took it in, they said the thermostat was out of range......light is off, Drove it home this morning (Sat.) and "bing"...the light goes back on...taking her in again Monday!!! It sux, but this happens with new cars especially 1st generation ones, when I bought my f-150 years ago it had tons of bugs, abut when all worked out it was a solid truck for the last ten years. I guess time will tell, hopefully just the swapping of the stat will be all it needs and none of the stalling stories will be one I will be telling!!! FYI for those of you thinking about buying one GET the upgraded stereo, I am VERY picky with my audio and the system literally had me smiling!!! Will post pics when all the trim I ordered comes in!!!!
Congrats! :D
I do love the stereo too, especially after I got the shims installed to take away the rattling and buzzing that was going on... Now it's techno with max bass and volume at 35!!! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Rattling and Buzzing

Fenrir.no said:
Congrats! :D
I do love the stereo too, especially after I got the shims installed to take away the rattling and buzzing that was going on.
What was rattling and buzzing? Where were the shims placed? Do you have the 8-speaker plus subwoofer Infinity system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
David Louis Harter said:
What was rattling and buzzing? Where were the shims placed? Do you have the 8-speaker plus subwoofer Infinity system?
Yep, I got the 8+1 system. The rattling/buzzing was (I think) coming from the right rear door. There is a TSB (http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/KA/TSB/TSB_Nitro_2301207a.pdf) on this issue, and for once my dealer fixed it promptly and now it's all good! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well lets keep our fingers crossed, just got back from the dealer and they gave me a new Thermostat...and did it in an hour!!!!! Hmmmm...thinking maybe I am gonna go golf now...Love being self employed!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta do something bout that techno Fen.....throw a Lil' Steve Vai in there and crank it......download the song "Juice" and you'll know what I am talking about!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
jabo77 said:
Gotta do something bout that techno Fen.....throw a Lil' Steve Vai in there and crank it......download the song "Juice" and you'll know what I am talking about!!!!!
Will see what I can do about that... :D Don't have a computer of my own right now though - using the one a work... :eek:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top