Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you installed a grille under the front bumper where a portion of the radiator is visible?

The company I found makes one in chrome, brushed steel, or flat black.

I do find it odd that Dodge would leave this area exposed to such a clunkly looking component like this radiator.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Have any of you installed a grille under the front bumper where a portion of the radiator is visible?

The company I found makes one in chrome, brushed steel, or flat black.

I do find it odd that Dodge would leave this area exposed to such a clunkly looking component like this radiator.
Yes I installed this most impressive, over-engineered, built better (not plastic) that about anything else Factory Built on the front your Nitro, last year. It only mounts with some screws that require drilling into the plastic front section. Got a really good deal from Auto Anything with one of their sales, on ordering. I ordered the polished billet grille (43722) that matches the upper grill, and protects the transmission cooler that is exposed otherwise.

If my Nitro is ever involved in a head-on, this lower grill will survive I'm sure but not much else with all the plastic. Good buy and looks factory, but most will never know you added it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buy the Grille Guard. I had an accident and it completely blew out my radiator and AC Condensor. Someone backed into me and I realized it doesnt take much pressure to do considerable damage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I ordered the same recently. Was shocked when I opened the package and noticed it was solid chrome / steel! Was expecting plastic like the one most manufacturers use now. Paid 69 inc delivery. A really useful mod!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please tell me where you ordered it?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
When I received mine, I was very impressed with the construction, but not impressed with the installation. Screwing the metal mounting brackets to the plastic facia allowed for too much movement, IMHO. I solved this by using 2 rubber washers, about 1/4" thick. I used gorilla glue and glued one on each lower corner between the lowest grill bar and the facia. Now, it is very stable with 4 mounting locations instead of 2, and I am a happy camper.

:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you. I think about it. I wrote them, but delivery to Russia costs the same as and
grillе.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dodge Nitro Lower Grille question

Can someone please point me in the direction of a lower grille for the part that covers the AC radiator in the front of the vehicle, i've looked everywhere. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Can someone please point me in the direction of a lower grille for the part that covers the AC radiator in the front of the vehicle, i've looked everywhere. thanks.
Welcome 2011DNSE

Is this the item you are look for? It is a after market item see this Link Lower Grille by Carriage Works

Easy to install and many have them, myself included.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, and while i've seen this post before i wasn't sure if it would fit a 2011, as everything i've seen for this part was for 2007-2009.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Yes there were a few 2012 (Fleet) Nitros, too. Just about all body parts were the same for the 5 year production run plus just about everything else too. Most "Online" sites just never updated their listings. Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Might be hard to find now!

Carriage Works Bumper Grille - 43722

Part Discontinued

SOURCE

Good News

Found the 43722 & 43721 grilles HERE, but are really expensive.

Here is another

BEST Price I found

# 43722 HERE

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts

Product Code: 4371

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Carriage Works 43722 Polished Bumper Grille

AMAZON HAS IT!
(as of 8/30/2019)

Designed to provide excellent air inflow to the engine compartment and radiator
Made from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum
Built to OEM specifications
Equipped with a dowel rod design offering brilliant aerospace tolerances
Easy installation

Carriage Works Polished Bumper Grilles are designed to provide excellent air inflow to the engine compartment and radiator. These grilles are made from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum using state-of-the-art technology which provides long lasting durability. They are built to OEM specifications and are equipped with a dowel rod design offering brilliant aerospace tolerances. These grilles are designed with robotic welding and polishing equipment providing cutting edge efficiency. They are corrosion resistant and ensure easy installation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts