Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Detonator with a Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD and I am having no luck getting the unit to recognize a flash drive with MP3s on it via the USB port.

Is there a specific type of USB thumb drive format (Mac, DOS FAT) or brand that should be used? I'm not new to using flash drives so it puzzles me why it shouldn't recognize every one plugged in. The MP3s are all DRM free so that's not the problem.

Anyway, if anyone has feedback about this I sure would appreciate it. I'd like to take advantage of the 30GB capacity but not one CD at a time :p

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts

2011 Dodge Nitro 2WD 4-door Heat Audio System

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

2011 Dodge Nitro 2WD 4-door Heat Audio System
Ok, now I am really confused. I have a 2011 Nitro Heat 4x4 with the Media Center 130 with Sirius. This picture is not my radio, and I can't believe that a 4x2 would have a different radio than the 4x4! I do not have a "scan" button. The two "seek" buttons are moved to the right, leaving the first space blank. My "time" button is where the "rnd" button is. Thus, my "info", "rw", and "ff" buttons are moved to the left, leaving the last space blank. My "set" button is combined the "rnd" button, located where "aux" on this radio. My "aux" is combined with the "disc" button! So, the first space on the bottom row is also blank. Mine is a "single disc MP3". The display markings are the same. I do not have a clue what the difference is between this radio and my Media Center 130, but I'll bet they have different part numbers and my parts department will tell me that they are not interchangeable! My radio is stamped "RES" as is this one!
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
dhh3

From the 2011 Dodge Nitro "Order Your Own" they now only show two options, the Media Center 130 CD Mp3 and the Navigation GPS Radio. This was not the case back in 2007 when several options were available besides the touch screens. I know that there was also a 6CD radio option. Lots of old info still out there but most relate to upgrading to the touch screens however. Here is a Link you may find interesting
2005-2010 Grand Cherokee factory audio components

And from one of our members here from Dodge Caliber
Caliber Standard, Navigation and MyGIG Radio & Kicker Information Thread - Dodge Caliber Forums

GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thanks. I didn't mean to hijack this poor guys thread! I wish I could answer his question. I know with the non-touchscreen radios, there is an "aux" button that you have to select in order to listen to something through the aux port. Plug something into the aux port, and then select it by pushing the aux button. Is there such a button or switch in order to use the USB? I would think that just by plugging in something via USB would not necessarily over-ride what you are listening to. I would think you would have to select it.

I looked at the links. The part number for the same radio, on the Jeep link, the only difference being chrome ringed knobs or black knobs, is completely different! No wonder I am having the part number blues! The RES radio for the Caliber is the one that I have (it looks the same!), but it probably has a different part number, and therefore won't work! If and when I ever solve this, I'll list the parts by Mopar number so someone else won't have to go through this.

If you go to "For Owners" and then to the "Mopar buy it link", select 2011 Nitro accessories, and all of the radios are there. It's weird that there are only 2 choices now, if one were to order a new Nitro.
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts