Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I have no idea what is wrong with my 2008 Dodge Nitro. Today i drove perfectly fine to work. Now i was trying to run an errand during my lunch break and i went got in the car, and radio came on, lights came on from the inside but it would not start ( vehicle). I then walk back out side the car closed the door went back inside and tried it again .. everything, lights, horn, radio will not even come on. What can it be.. when i was about to go back inside where i work, i heard a computirized sound coming from where the brakes are and the gas petal.. what can this be.. please any help..:(

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Welcome! Having just had some real issues with my Wife's 2010 Taurus over the last two months with the vehicle being in the Dealership for 15 days in one month, I would not rule out the battery! Posting on a Ford site I found others that all the lights and everything else would work, but would not start. Anyway yesterday it was determined that the 3 year old battery had caused all the strange events.

Also I would pull the positive battery cable off and reset the cars computer to see if that after it is reinstalled that corrects your issues. Other process would be to check engine error codes or replacing the TIPM (totally integrated power module).

Others may have more suggestions. Good Luck and let us know what you find.

Check out our "problems" Section too.

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f11/dodge-nitro-j28-recall-instructions-4912/ 2007 TIPM

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. First, try an reset your Nitro's brain: TIPM. Do this by disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery, and wait about 10 minutes to purge any memory. Hook the battery back up, and see what you get. If this does not work, it could be your battery, as Rick said, as your battery is now 4 years old. I have had this happen to me twice. One day, battery perfect, next day, nothing. Both times, this happened with no warning.
Just as a FYI, the TIPM is a combination fuse box and computer. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts