Dodge Nitro Forum banner

My Gig Infotainment system stuck in Spanish?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fcsallan 
jeepersbc

jeepersbc said:
Hi there,

I have been frustrated here for about a week..lol

I have just purchased a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with the MyGig© Infotainment system. I was impressed after looking at it, for a while, until one morning I turned off the system, and in the morning, it was all in spanish.

After trying to get it back to english through the system settings in which did not work, I now figure I am going to have to take a spanish lesson to get it back.. the Sales department at dodge also does not know how to get it back to english.

Is there a file I can download to get it back to Factory default? Then again I dont' know if this was manufactored in mexico perhaps it is the factory default..haha Just kidding

Any suggestions how to get it back to English ... so I can start enjoying the system..... in English?

The sales department also told me that the 2007 Jeep Wrangler also doesn't have the Uconnect module? When I contacted parts and service they could not find any module that comes with the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. You would figure the buttons are there for the MyGig, it should be available.
Sounds like you have a serious problemo there Amigo.I can't help you correct the problem but if it persists and you can't get it corrected just bring it to Florida and we'll take it over to Miami and sell it .Anything Hispanic sells quickly down there .Or better yet you may decide to go to Radio Shack and buy an electronic translator for about $36... Whatever you decide GOOD LUCK ..
Florida Roadie .
:D :D

True story..

jeepersbc said:
Welll I love MY Jeep...and learning Spanish quickly except for the Navigation system menu..hahaha

Took it to the Dealership today, says they have to wait two weeks for the disks to come in from somewhere... Like why are not the disks sold with the TRUCK!!!

Anyone know of these files on the Internet?
Hey Jeepers ...Did they do a dance when they sang that old song? Seems like these guys are always two weeks from everwhere .Good luck. Should have told them Manana Por Favor :D Have you tried another dealer ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.