Dodge Nitro Forum banner

My Gig Updates (MERGED)

46K views 107 replies 38 participants last post by  diamondrmp 
#1 ·
Test drove an SLT today in New York. Must say the Nitro looks just as good in person if not better :D A little bigger than I thought which is a plus since I thought it would be the same size as the Jeep Liberty. Engine sounded vicious which was a pleasant suprise. Was ready to order one when the dealer informed me that the MY GIG option is not currently available through the dealer ordering system. I would be willing to go ahead without the 20 inch wheels which are also not available yet but there is no way I am ordering or buying one without the MY GIG.... Anyone out there have any idea when the MY GIG's will be available to order with a new Nitro?

#7 ·
Re: When will MY GIG be available for ordering?

It is currently set to available to enter prduction on November 1st. In so far as having your dealer install one, clarify what they will charge. Usually If I install a mopar part (on any mopar vehicle) after the fact, the price is about 2-5 times the cost of the factory option on a factory order.

#8 ·

Also, the production date as posted by Chrysler sometimes gets bumped about a week before it is scheduled. In other words, the date may change on the Monday or Tuesday before November 1st.

#9 ·

I have attempted to call and get correct answers from several dealers and no one can give me a correct answer. I want to order a fully loaded SLT or RT. First I am told I can then I am told that the RT is delayed due to the engine (4.0) not available. I then ok the order of a loaded SLT and come to find that the MyGIG is not available and may not be until JANUARY !!!! Does anyone have the real info? Dodge dealers are so confused. All I want to do is order a car and promote the heck out of it...

#11 ·

I have a 2005 Dodge Dakota that I just cannot wait to unload for a Nitro but I also want the myGIG system. Does anyone have a for sure ETA on this? The dealers here dont know either and I am not getting in to payments for a car that is not fully loaded ... I made that mistake with the dakota.

#12 ·

NitroWanted said:
I have a 2005 Dodge Dakota that I just cannot wait to unload for a Nitro but I also want the myGIG system. Does anyone have a for sure ETA on this? The dealers here dont know either and I am not getting in to payments for a car that is not fully loaded ... I made that mistake with the dakota.
I work for a Mopar Electronics distributor. I've been told by Mopar it will probably not be available until after the first of the year.

#13 ·

NitroWanted said:
Production availability of the MyGIG starts today, Nov. 1st.

#15 ·

I just ordered a loaded SLT no mygig yet dealer not sure when can order, so I got the NAVUS II gps that hey have been putting in all their vech.. Should have it between the 15th. & 18th. of this month. also got the sirius radio w/ 8 speakers & subwoofer. good enough for me.

#16 ·

danpfay99 said:
I just ordered a loaded SLT no mygig yet dealer not sure when can order, so I got the NAVUS II gps that hey have been putting in all their vech.. Should have it between the 15th. & 18th. of this month. also got the sirius radio w/ 8 speakers & subwoofer. good enough for me.
If it were me I'd cancel the order and submit a new one, the MyGIG should be in the system any day now (unless that is you like the idea of a portable nav). The MyGIG is so much more advanced, plus of course it is "built-in" and much less subject to theft like the Navus will be.

Also, something is not right about the vehicle arriving mid month. If it is being ordered from the factory no way will it show up within a couple of weeks of ordering. Are you sure the dealer did not rush you and is simply going to get one from another dealer that has one in stock?

#17 ·

ResumeSpeed said:
Also, something is not right about the vehicle arriving mid month. If it is being ordered from the factory no way will it show up within a couple of weeks of ordering. Are you sure the dealer did not rush you and is simply going to get one from another dealer that has one in stock?
That timeline does seem off. I asked a local dealer about ordering an SLT, and he said to expect a 2 to 3 month wait. I think this is pretty standard for ordering any new car. That said, if you are going to actually end up with the exact car you want in a couple of weeks, it doesn't matter much if it's coming from the factory or another dealer. But, if you really do want the Mygig, I'd wait for it. You're probably going to have the car for a long time, and may regret not having it equipeed exactly as you'd like.

#18 ·

This will be one of the first three Nitro's to come to Alaska. Shipping here is quite different from down south,barge or plane only no over the road. Talked with him a couple months ago & whatta you know one is eqipped exactly as I wanted except for the mygig. If the navus don't work out I can always order the mygig later but if I have GPS & Sat. Radio I'll be happy.Thats why I changed my avitar Silver SLT is mine.

#19 ·

Hi there - drove the Nitro yesterday and am ready to buy, will be dealing more directly with my dealer on Monday. I wondered: I'm looking for an SLT with MyGig, leather and sunroof. I understand here that MyGig production just started Nov. 1 - does anybody have a realistic timeline for when I might get my SLT if I order now? Are the first ones with MyGig satisfying pre-orders? Will any be available to dealerships? Will it be weeks or months? Any insights anybody has will be really appreciated. Thanks!

#20 ·

I RECIEVED THIS EMAIL FROM DODGE TODAY ABOUT THE MYGIG

Thanks for contacting Dr.Z regarding MyGIG in the Dodge Nitro.

My research shows MyGIG will be available with the Dodge Nitro, with
select packages, immediately. You may wish to check out our website
or check with local dealerships for availability.

Thanks again for your "Z"mail.

Sincerely,

Brent

Senior Staff Representative
Dr.Z's Customer Action Team

#21 ·

My dealer just called and said Chrysler is telling him not until January - but the dealer is saying February "as things tend to go". So, not sure what that means in response to the Zmail...But they can do it aftermarket, so that's what I'll plan to do, I think, come January or whenever - we've agreed to make a deal on that so I'm not paying through the nose.

#22 ·

I too, have inquired about the MyGig. I told my dealer I didn't want a Nitro until it came complete with the system. He informed me that it would be a couple of weeks and he could probably have one for me(as of 11/6). I was tempted to get one right away and have it installed later, but he said it would be better to have it factory installed. Besides, who wants to be the guinea pigs of installation on new equipment from the dealership?

#24 ·

redriderbob said:
You can order it as of right now, the code for it is REQ!

redriderbob

Sweet! So if I call my dealer and tell him it's available and give him the code REQ (I'm not clear if you're saying the code is the letter R-E-Q, or if you're saying the code is REQUIRED...sorry if I'm an idiot), he should be able to order it up?

#25 ·

Hmmm, well just called Dodge and they said "late availability - January or February" - which is consistent with what my Dealer has said. Where are people getting the information that mygig is available now? Why is there a disconnect between that information and dodge? Nothing else that I've seen online has indicated that it's available now... would really appreciate some clarity!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.