Discussion Starter #2
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Advance - Kansas Speedway

KANSAS CITY , Sep 28, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance
Price Chopper 400
Kansas Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 3, 2010

DODGE AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
• Dodge has one victory in 10 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at the 1.5-mile Kansas Speedway.

• Dodge has one pole at Kansas Speedway – Kasey Kahne in 2006.

• Dodge driver Kurt Busch is seeking his first top-five finish at Kansas Speedway. In nine races Busch has an average finish of 19.7.

THE DODGE BOYS
• Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.

• Dodge’s most recent win came at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May. Kurt Busch led 252 of 400 laps en route to victory in the Coca-Cola 600.

• Dodge has claimed two Sprint Cup victories in 2010.

• Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.

• Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Kansas: Ryan Newman, 10/5/2003, Banquet 400, 121.63 avg. speed.

KURT BUSCH – INSIDE THE CHASE NUMBERS
• Busch is competing in the Chase for the Sprint Cup for the fifth time: 2004 – Champion, 2005 – 10th, 2007 – Seventh and 2009 – fourth.

• Busch is currently fourth in Chase standings, 59 points behind the leader. He was ranked fourth after two races in the 2009 Chase.

• Finished 10th in the point standings after 26 races; ranked fifth after the reset for the 2010 Chase.

• Busch gained one position in the standings after his fourth-place finish at Dover.

• Through the first two Chase races this year, Busch’s average finish position is 8.5.

• In 28 races this season, Busch has two wins along with nine top-five and 16 top-10 finishes.

• Has competed in 61 Chase races since 2004 (42 have been in a Dodge) with 16 top-five and 33 top-10 finishes.
• His best Kansas start of seventh came in 2006; his best finish of sixth came in 2004.

• In nine races at Kansas, Busch has led 81 laps with two top-10 finishes. He finished 11th last year.

• At the eight remaining tracks hosting a Chase event this year, Busch has six wins, 26 top-five and 56 top-10s.

KURT BUSCH – 2010 CHASE TRACKER
Track Qualified Finish Pos. Behind +/-
Loudon 12th 13th 5 -86 --
Dover 8th 4th 4 -59 +1

DODGE IN THE CHASE: KANSAS
• 2004: Jeremy Mayfield and Ryan Newman – Mayfield started third, led 72 laps and finished fifth. Newman finished 33rd.

• 2005: Rusty Wallace, Ryan Newman and Jeremy Mayfield – Wallace finished seventh, Mayfield 16th and Newman 23rd.

• 2006: Kasey Kahne – He started from the pole and led 11 laps, but finished 33rd.

• 2007: Kurt Busch – He qualified 12th, led 76 laps and finished 11th.

• 2008: There were no Dodges in the 2008 Chase field.

• 2009: Kurt Busch and Kasey Kahne – Kahne finished 21st and Busch 30th.

DID YOU KNOW?
• Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger, entered Kansas race week last year fourth in the NSCS driver’s standings – 75 points behind leader Mark Martin. Busch currently sits fourth in points trailing series leader Denny Hamlin by 59 markers.

DODGE MOTORSPORTS QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“We’re definitely going to try to help Kurt out as much as we can during the Chase. Penske Racing is in a unique position to do something that has never been done before and that is win three championships in three different series. Kurt is, obviously, the only driver we have in the Chase so we will play whatever role we can to help fulfill that side of our championship chase. We still want to win races ourselves, that is always the No. 1 goal, but there are things we can do and things we can try on our cars without jeopardizing the No. 2 car by having them run something untested.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger

ENGINEERING TALK
"Some that complain about too many 1.5-mile tracks in the Chase are missing the mark if they include Kansas in that mix. The only similarity between Kansas and places like Charlotte, Texas, and Homestead is track length. With much less banking in the corners, Kansas average speeds are in the 175 mph range as opposed to the 190 mph averages seen at those other 1.5-mile tracks. Kansas requires a completely different and hybrid setup strategy that includes some flat-track thinking, some banked-track consideration, and hopefully some good notes from previous trips to this unique track."
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
On the mental challenges of racing different tracks;
“Each race track has its own personality. It could be something that a driver struggles with – like Turn 1 at a specific track that is hard to overcome. Or it could just be (its) basic layout that challenges a team as far as how they find their grip and to get the car handling well. A track like Kansas with the altitude there and the way that things shake up in the Midwest with weather mixture, you never know if the engine has the perfect combination.”

Can you put into perspective how important the remaining 1.5-mile tracks in the Chase will be?
“They do make up the largest quantity – a certain style of track. Kansas is pretty different compared to Texas and Charlotte and Homestead. It’s a challenging track. We only race there once a year. There are two tracks that we race at once a year – Kansas and Homestead. There’s that little bit of an uneasy feeling going there if you don’t have a solid notebook because you only race there once a year and it’s hard to find that speed.”
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger

“We are going to these final races and are trying to do whatever we can do to help the No. 2 team. We know that by helping them, we're able to go through twice as many things because they are trying something that could help us as well.”
Sam Hornish Jr. No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger

“Kansas is quite a bit different than some of the more traditional mile-and-a-half tracks, like Charlotte and Texas. It’s really similar to Auto Club Speedway in California. There are obvious differences in size as California is a two-mile track. Straightaway speed is not quite the same, but the corners are really similar. You can also run all over the track at Kansas, from the high lane to the low lane. It’s a great racetrack.”
Brad Keselowski, No 12 Penske Dodge Charger

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Advance - Kansas Speedway

KANSAS CITY , Sep 29, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
Kansas Lottery 300
Kansas Speedway
Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010

JUSTIN ALLGAIER – No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge
Highlights:

• Earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series victory earlier this year at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 finish for Penske Racing and Dodge.

• Has one win along with six top-five and 15 top-10 finishes in 28 Nationwide races in 2010.

• He is currently fourth in the season point standings, best among full-time Nationwide Series-only drivers.

• Has two poles, most recently at Nashville in June.

• Finished sixth at Kansas last year, his only Nationwide start at the 1.5-mile track.

• Has finished in the top 15 in five of the last six races.

• In the top five in points all season.

• Won the 2008 ARCA championship.

• Was the 2009 Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year.

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger
Highlights:

• Currently leads the Nationwide Series standings by 320 points over Carl Edwards. He has led the point standings the last 21 races.

• Has completed all but one of the 5,134 laps contested this season in the Nationwide Series and has led the field for 957 of those circuits.

• Has led laps in 22 of the 28 races.

• Has two top 10s in four Nationwide starts at Kansas.

• Earned back-to-back wins at Talladega and Richmond and has four wins in 2010.

• His 2010 Nationwide Series totals, in addition to four wins, include 19 top-five and 22 top-10 finishes. He has top-10 finishes in all but six
races this season.

• Has a NASCAR record 95 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish).

DODGE NUGGETS
• In his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut, Penske Racing development driver Parker Kligerman earned his first-career pole position last year at Kansas Speedway. Kligerman finished 16th.
• Dodge is seeking its first NASCAR Nationwide Series championship.

DID YOU KNOW
Dodge’s two entries in the Nationwide Series -- Brad Keselowski and Justin Allgaier – have combined for six poles, five wins along with 25-top five and 37 top-10 finishes. Together they have lead 1,090 laps.

DODGE NATIONWIDE SERIES QUOTES
“Kansas Speedway is a really fun mile-and-a-half race track. It requires determination, a good car and a great pit crew to be successful. It’s one of the few races where we’re in the same place as the ARCA series, so I’m heading out early to lend them a hand. I always enjoy going back to the Midwest. Kansas isn’t far from home and I love going back and seeing all my friends and family.”
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger

“We’re in a unique position this year where we are racing one driver and team for the driver point’s championship and another for the owner point’s championship. It’s not going to be easy because both drivers and teams are very good, but I believe in my guys here on the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge team. This Nationwide Series title is one of the three titles that Penske Racing can capture this year. It’s very cool to be a part of something like that.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Ruby Tuesday/Discount Tire Dodge Charger

“Kansas is one of the cookie-cutter type tracks, but it’s produced some exciting races. Track position is extremely important, so we’ll put an emphasis on qualifying. If you don’t have a starting position at the front of the field, then it’s up to pit strategy to overcome that.”
Chad Walter, crew chief, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - Kansas

KANSAS CITY , Oct 1, 2010

- KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Operation Home Front/Miller Lite Dodge Charger) WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON COMING BACK AND RACING AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY? “We’ve got Operation Homefront on our car this weekend. We’ll run it from now until Texas. The whole program comes to a close Veteran’s (Day) weekend in Texas. It’s a military program based on helping military families in need. It’s a special few weeks where we have them on the car. It’s exciting to have that military support and to be out there creating awareness around it.

“We’re here at Kansas Speedway to have a solid run and see what we can to build upon our points foundation that we’ve started from the beginning of the Chase. We’ve done well the first two races, so we need a solid third race to start the Chase off. It’s (Kansas) a tough race track, a mile-and-a-half that’s flat compared to most of the others that we race on. It just presents a few different personality changes that you have to make on the car to get a hold of this race track.”

TODAY IS A LITTLE WARMER THAN WHAT IT’S EXPECTED TO BE ON SUNDAY. HOW MUCH WILL THAT CHANGE YOUR SETUP? “There’s not much that you can do about it. We seem to run better with our Miller Lite Dodge Charger with cooler conditions. We’re excited that it’s going to be as cold as it’s going to be. It helps us gain the grip that we wouldn’t have in the warmer conditions we’re experiencing today or in the summer months.”

HOW DID THE CAR FEEL IN PRACTICE TODAY? “We were real tight to start off practice and ended up really loose in qualifying trim. We’re on both ends of the map. We’ll shoot for the middle and hope for the best. It seems like it takes a few laps to get settled here at Kansas since we only race here once a year. I don’t know if it’s the same Goodyear tire or not as last year, but it shows considerable amount of drop-off on track.”

HOW DIFFICULT IS IT BEING THE ONLY DODGE TEAM IN CUP? “We only have Penske Racing Dodge’s that are competitive and all of our eggs are in one basket. That’s the motto. Everything we know, Dodge knows. A lot of times, a manufacturer has to tell all the teams and there might be information that doesn’t quite travel down the pipeline as smooth. For us, it’s like family with those guys. We’re in it together and everything we do needs each other’s support. We’re just outnumbered when it comes down to it.”

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Final Qualfiying - Kansas Speedway

KANSAS CITY , Oct 1, 2010
- KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Operation Home Front/Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Qualified 9th
"We'll take it with the Operation Home Front /Miller Lite Dodge. We made an adjustment on the car for qualifying and it ran the same speed as I did in practice, but it felt more comfortable. That's what we need to do, find more comfort and speed in the race car when it comes time to race on Sunday. We were real tight in race trim and ended up really loose. We'll just shoot for the middle and see what happens."

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 AAA Dodge Charger) Qualified 18th
"Not the qualifying draw (first) that we were looking for today. This track seems to cool down so fast that guys who have the chance to go out late seem to pick up a lot. It wasn't a terrible lap for when we had to qualify. Our AAA Dodge is pretty good. The track was just a little bit off from what we thought it would be like. Our car was pretty good in race runs. I love coming out here to Kansas. This place is one of my favorite places to race."

WHERE HAS THE NO. 77 AAA DODGE BEEN GOOD TODAY? “We have been pretty good in and off the corners. We've been just a little too tight in the center of the corners. It's just too bad that we didn't get more speed out of the race car. That’s just because we qualified first and we didn't quite know what the track was going to do. There's definitely more speed in the car."

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger) Qualified 26th
"We just seem to be off a bit in the Penske Dodge today. I over drove (turns) 3 & 4 a little bit and we were just a bit off in 1 & 2. I needed to hit a real good corner there. We just need to keep working on it. This is a pretty basic track compared to Kentucky or California or Texas. It's like all those tracks, just simpler."

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Friday, Oct 1, 2010 5:58 pm, EDT
Price Chopper 400

Kansas Speedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed
1 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 174.644
2 Paul Menard (98) Ford 174.469
3 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 174.430
4 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 174.312
5 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 174.255
6 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 174.149
7 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 173.952
8 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 173.902
9 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 173.874
10 David Ragan (6) Ford 173.768
11 Bill Elliott (21) Ford 173.751
12 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 173.700
13 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 173.622
14 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 173.416
15 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 173.377
16 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 173.349
17 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 173.321
18 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 173.227
19 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 173.177
20 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 173.077
21 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 173.038
22 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 173.033
23 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 173.021
24 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 172.961
25 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 172.933
26 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 172.883
27 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 172.789
28 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 172.706
29 Michael McDowell (46) Dodge 172.612
30 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 172.557
31 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 172.529
32 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 172.408
33 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 172.046
34 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 172.024
35 Landon Cassill (164) Toyota 171.985
36 Patrick Carpentier (26) Ford 171.734
37 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 171.723
38 David Gilliland (37) Ford 171.510
39 J.J. Yeley (36) Chevrolet 171.396
40 Travis Kvapil (34) Ford 170.719
41 Kevin Conway (7) Toyota 170.309
42 Tony Raines (71) Chevrolet 169.438
43 Dave Blaney (38) Ford 171.265
44 Joe Nemechek (87) DNQ 171.255
45 Mike Bliss (55) DNQ 170.557
46 Jason Leffler (66) DNQ 169.465

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Final Qualifying - Kansas Speedway

KANSAS CITY , Oct 2, 2010 - \

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger) Qualified 8th
"We were just OK in qualifying with our Discount Tire Dodge. We need a little bit more speed to run with the 18 and the 20. Those guys look really strong this weekend. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the handling and the ride comfort. The track has been a little tricky because of the temperature change that has affected the overall grip. Paul (Wolfe, crew chief) and the guys gave me a good car in race trim and we were solid yesterday in practice. The weather is a lot different than it was yesterday and hopefully we made the right changes for today. We'll see what happens. As long as we can stay in shouting distance of the leaders, get good fuel mileage and have some decent pit stops, I think that we'll have something for them at the end of the race."

JUSTIN ALLGAIER (No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger) Qualified 10th
"Our Verizon Wireless Dodge is pretty good. I think we'll be OK for the race. Last year, the race was a fuel-mileage deal and making sure that you stayed in touch with the leaders. I feel like our car is going to be really good on sticker tires which will help. Our question mark is on the long runs. If we can figure all that out, we'll be in good shape. The Verizon Wireless guys have done a good job all weekend and I know that we have a good race car. We didn't get the qualifying lap that we wanted, but it's a really fast car in race trim."

PARKER KLIGERMAN (No. 42 Bandit Industries/GetMoreVacations.com Dodge Charger) Qualified 7th
"Our Dodge Charger started off the weekend not exactly where we wanted it. We had two tough practices yesterday, but we knew that we had a good qualifying car for this morning. We found some things today that hindered us all day yesterday, so we made some adjustments and it really helped the car. I got out there for qualifying and knew that there was a lot of grip and I tried to ride the (grip) level, but the car was just too loose. I kept my foot in it after the finish line after my first lap and when I got to Turn 1, Chris (Carrier, crew chief) radioed to shut it down, that we were P7. We'll take it. We grabbed my first Nationwide Series pole here last year in a Dodge and got another top 10 starting spot this year. I really like this track. It’s awesome to race on. We'll see what happens later today for the race."

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Saturday, Oct 2, 2010 7:23 pm, EDT
Kansas Lottery 300

Kansas Speedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress
1 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 190/5 200 18 $80,370 Chart
2 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 175/5 200 38 $55,000 Chart
3 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 175/10 200 65 $56,950 Chart
4 Kevin Harvick (33) Chevrolet 165/5 200 43 $39,375 Chart
5 Martin Truex Jr. (100) Toyota 160/5 200 13 $33,250 Chart
6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 155/5 200 5 $36,518 Chart
7 Justin Allgaier (12) Dodge 146/0 200 0 $35,618 Chart
8 Paul Menard (98) Ford 142/0 200 0 $25,700 Chart
9 Brendan Gaughan (62) Toyota 138/0 200 0 $31,078 Chart
10 Jason Leffler (38) Toyota 134/0 200 0 $31,118 Chart
11 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 130/0 200 0 $29,718 Chart
12 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 132/5 200 10 $29,918 Chart
13 Josh Wise (7) Chevrolet 124/0 200 0 $31,218 Chart
14 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 121/0 200 0 $22,390 Chart
15 Ryan Truex (99) Toyota 118/0 200 0 $28,173 Chart
16 Michael Annett (15) Toyota 120/5 200 5 $27,688 Chart
17 Joe Nemechek (87) Chevrolet 112/0 200 0 $27,153 Chart
18 Ricky Carmichael (10) Toyota 109/0 200 0 $26,893 Chart
19 Mike Bliss (40) Chevrolet 106/0 200 0 $26,683 Chart
20 Shelby Howard (70) Chevrolet 103/0 200 0 $27,073 Chart
21 Brian Scott (09) Ford 100/0 200 0 $27,113 Chart
22 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 102/5 200 3 $26,703 Chart
23 Colin Braun (16) Ford 94/0 200 0 $26,543 Chart
24 Parker Kligerman (42) Dodge 91/0 200 0 $19,565 Chart
25 Tony Raines (34) Chevrolet 88/0 199 0 $26,348 Chart
26 Kenny Wallace (28) Chevrolet 85/0 199 0 $25,763 Chart
27 Jason Keller (35) Chevrolet 82/0 198 0 $26,053 Chart
28 Drew Herring (27) Ford 79/0 198 0 $25,533 Chart
29 Michael McDowell (81) Dodge 76/0 198 0 $25,383 Chart
30 Trevor Bayne (17) Ford 73/0 198 0 $19,105 Chart
31 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Chevrolet 70/0 198 0 $25,163 Chart
32 Jeremy Clements (104) Chevrolet 67/0 197 0 $18,560 Chart
33 Eric McClure (24) Ford 64/0 197 0 $18,450 Chart
34 Jennifer Jo Cobb (213) Ford 61/0 194 0 $18,340 Chart
35 James Buescher (11) Toyota 58/0 193 0 $24,698 Chart
36 Reed Sorenson (32) Toyota 55/0 184 0 $24,588 Chart
37 Morgan Shepherd (21) Chevrolet 52/0 111 0 $24,468 Chart
38 Tim Andrews (179) Ford 49/0 26 0 $17,940 Chart
39 Danny O'Quinn Jr. (90) Chevrolet 46/0 21 0 $17,765 Chart
40 Kevin Lepage (52) Chevrolet 43/0 12 0 $17,655 Chart
41 David Gilliland (91) Chevrolet 40/0 3 0 $17,520 Chart
42 Brian Keselowski (26) Dodge 37/0 3 0 $17,390 Chart
43 Jeff Green (136) Chevrolet 34/0 2 0 $17,232 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Final - Kansas Speedway

KANSAS CITY, Kan. , Oct 2, 2010 -

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger) Finished 2nd
“We were just a little bit off the Gibbs’ cars today. We had some great strategy today, raced our way up front and just didn’t have enough to keep in front of them. I’m proud of my Discount Tires Dodge guys today and we’ll just keep digging.”

HOW TOUGH WERE THE CONDITIONS? WIND? “It certainly played a bit of a factor. You definitely could tell the difference between both ends of the race track, especially out of (Turns) 3 & 4. Nothing that really impacted the drivability of the cars though.”

HOW MUCH DID THIS TRACK CHANGE TODAY? “The groove really moved up to the top during the midpoint of the race. By the end, the groove came back down; just a lot of changes to it.”

ANOTHER GOOD POINT’S DAY FOR THE 22 TEAM? “Yes it was. Big picture, it was a really successful day for the Discount Tire guys. We never have enough points and to come to this flat mile-and-a-half and pull out a second-place finish is awesome. The Gibbs’ cars were strong all weekend and we gave them our best shot. We picked some points up on Carl (Edwards) and that’s key. We still want to go after the owner’s point championship and did everything we could to catch the 18 and 20. They we’re pretty tough today.”

PAUL WOLFE (crew chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger)
“It was an up-and-down day for us to tell you the truth. We worked on the car all day. I feel like each stop that we made some gains with the balance of the car. At the end, we needed a good pit stop and just didn’t execute like we needed to and it cost us some spots. We went from first to fifth. Overall, Brad did a great job recovering for the mistake on pit road, racing his way back and challenging for the win. It was a good point’s day for us. We need to keep working hard and go after these last few races with everything that we have in our arsenal.”

JUSTIN ALLGAIER (No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger) Finished 7th
“It was a good finish for a long day. We got behind the eight ball early. We didn’t really have the exact car that we wanted at the beginning. Then we let a tire get away in the pits. That really set us back. The Verizon Dodge guys rallied and gave me all the adjustments they could possible give me. There at the end, somebody ran into the back of the car on one of those late restarts. I didn’t think we were even going to get to finish. All in all, it was a good day for the Verizon Dodge guys. Now, we go into next week and carry some more points over the 98. That’s the biggest goal right now. The track grip level seemed to change, the grip went away during the race. That was probably the reason for all the cautions. I think we all fought tires a little bit. Not that the tires were bad, they just seem to make the car handle differently. We’ll go to California next week and hope we can have another solid top-10 , top-five run. That’ s what we need right now.”

PARKER KLIGERMAN (No. 42 Bandit Industries/GetMoreVacations.com Dodge Charger) Finished 24th
“We had new tires and coming up through the pack on that last restart. Guys were giving us room, even with two laps to go, they were still giving us racing room. Then, somebody got into the back of us I think the 66. Not really surprised by that. We had a Dodge Charger that wasn’t the best, but we fought all day and with the new tires, had a car that could easily have finished top 10, maybe top five. I don’t think there is any question we could have gotten by a couple more cars in front of us. We struggled early, but nobody gave up. Chris Carrier (crew chief) made great adjustments. The second to last run, we ran our fastest laps of the race.”

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, Oct 3, 2010 4:50 pm

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 190/5 267 60 $0 Chart
2 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 170/0 267 0 $0 Chart
3 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 170/5 267 16 $0 Chart
4 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 170/10 267 76 $0 Chart
5 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 160/5 267 29 $0 Chart
6 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 155/5 267 2 $0 Chart
7 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 151/5 267 26 $0 Chart
8 Paul Menard (98) Ford 147/5 267 11 $0 Chart
9 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 138/0 267 0 $0 Chart
10 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 134/0 267 0 $0 Chart
11 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 135/5 267 7 $0 Chart
12 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 127/0 267 0 $0 Chart
13 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 124/0 267 0 $0 Chart
14 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 121/0 267 0 $0 Chart
15 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 118/0 267 0 $0 Chart
16 David Ragan (6) Ford 115/0 267 0 $0 Chart
17 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 112/0 267 0 $0 Chart
18 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 114/5 267 2 $0 Chart
19 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 106/0 267 0 $0 Chart
20 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 103/0 267 0 $0 Chart
21 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 100/0 266 0 $0 Chart
22 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 97/0 266 0 $0 Chart
23 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 94/0 266 0 $0 Chart
24 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 91/0 266 0 $0 Chart
25 Bill Elliott (21) Ford 88/0 266 0 $0 Chart
26 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 85/0 266 0 $0 Chart
27 Patrick Carpentier (26) Ford 87/5 266 10 $0 Chart
28 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 79/0 266 0 $0 Chart
29 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 76/0 266 0 $0 Chart
30 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 73/0 265 0 $0 Chart
31 Dave Blaney (38) Ford 70/0 261 0 $0 Chart
32 David Gilliland (37) Ford 67/0 261 0 $0 Chart
33 Travis Kvapil (34) Ford 64/0 261 0 $0 Chart
34 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 61/0 257 0 $0 Chart
35 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 58/0 256 0 $0 Chart
36 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 55/0 245 0 $0 Chart
37 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 57/5 218 27 $0 Chart
38 Kevin Conway (7) Toyota 49/0 180 0 $0 Chart
39 Tony Raines (71) Chevrolet 46/0 87 0 $0 Chart
40 Michael McDowell (46) Chevrolet 48/5 60 1 $0 Chart
41 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 40/0 58 0 $0 Chart
42 J.J. Yeley (36) Chevrolet 37/0 49 0 $0 Chart
43 Landon Cassill (164) Toyota 34/0 33 0 $0 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2010 Standings Behind
1. Jimmie Johnson (48) -
2. Denny Hamlin (11) -8
3. Kevin Harvick (29) -30
4. Carl Edwards (99) -53
5. Jeff Gordon (24) -58
6. Kurt Busch (2) -70
7. Kyle Busch (18) -80
8. Greg Biffle (16) -85
9. Jeff Burton (31) -101
10. Tony Stewart (14) -127
11. Matt Kenseth (17) -149
12. Clint Bowyer (33) -252

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Final - Kansas Speedway

KANSAS CITY, Kan. , Oct 3, 2010

- KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Operation Home Front/Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished 13th
“It was a solid top-15 finish for our Operation Home Front/Miller Lite Dodge Charger at a track that has been tough for me. We just fought a loose race car most of the day. I had a handful of steering wheel most of the day and just did whatever I could to stay up with the leaders. This is a tricky mile-and-a-half that’s different from most others that we race on. Steve (Addington, crew chief) tried all kinds of adjustments including a right-rear spring rubber and wedge adjustments trying to help our overall balance. We stayed inside the top 10 for most of the race, but just couldn’t gain the track position we needed late. Once the track rubbered-in, our car got tight in the middle of the corners and was tough to drive. Big picture is that we still only sit 70 points back from the leader (J. Johnson) heading to two of my favorite tracks – California and Charlotte. We’ll move on, put this one behind us, head to Fontana and get ready for next weekend.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger) Finished 23rd
“There’s a big difference and I don’t have a reason why, but getting through (Turns) 3 and 4 is different than (Turns) 1 and 2. We seemed to be pretty good most of the race in (Turns) 1 and 2, but never seem to have anything for them in (Turns) 3 and 4 today. Turns 1 and 2 are tight while 3 and 4 have a little more banking and are more open. It’s frustrating. We’ve got to keep working and find some more speed.”

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 AAA Dodge Charger) Finished 36th
“We had our ups-and-downs today. It’s unfortunate for the AAA Dodge. We had a drive shaft issue; I think that’s the fifth mechanical failure this year. Something is not right in the 77 world of cars. We’re getting the fluke things that never seem to happen to anybody else. Hopefully, we’re getting them all out of the way where there’s nothing left that can happen to us anymore the rest of the season. We were too free at the beginning, fell back a couple of positions, but when the tires came up, we could go. We got the car too tight on the first pit stop. That didn’t work, so I realized alright, I’ve got to drive it free. That’s what it wanted and that’s how it was fast. Hopefully, what we learned will help us for California.”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts