3/1/98 Sprint Cup Race Mark Martin 147.00
3/6/11 Sprint Cup Qualifying Matt Kenseth 188.884
3/5/11 Nationwide Race Mark Martin 133.00
2/27/10 Nationwide Qualifying Brad Keselowski 185.427
9/26/09 Camping World Truck Race Johnny Sauter 128.00
9/23/06 Camping World Truck Qualifying Mike Skinner 178.065

Camping World Truck
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

9/25/10 Smith's Food & Drug Stores 350 Austin Dillon Austin Dillon Chevrolet $489,489
9/26/09 Las Vegas 350 Todd Bodine Johnny Sauter Chevrolet $524,062
9/20/08 Qwik Liner Las Vegas 350 Ron Hornaday Jr. Mike Skinner Toyota $546,181
9/22/07 Smith's Las Vegas 350 Travis Kvapil Travis Kvapil Ford $530,194

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NSCS Race Advance – Charlotte 2
Published on October 11, 2011 by Official Release
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes

NSCS Race Advance

Bank of America 500

Charlotte Motor Speedway

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011

DODGE AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY

. Dodge has 15 wins at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

. Dodge’s Kurt Busch is the most recent winner at CMS. He led 252 of 400 laps en route to victory in the 2010 Coca-Cola 600. He also won the Sprint All-Star Race the week before.

. Dodge has six victories at the 1.5- mile track since returning to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2001.

. Dodge has 14 poles at CMS. The most recent was Brad Keselowski at the Coca-Cola 600 in May.

. Dodge has swept the pole for both Charlotte races five times (1968, 1970, 2003, 2006 and 2007).

CHASE FAST FACTS

. Dodge’s Brad Keselowski qualified 12th and finished third at Kansas. He is fourth in the standings, 11 points behind the leader.

. Dodge’s Kurt Busch qualified 17th and finished 13th at Kansas. He dropped two positions in the standings to sixth, 16 points behind the leader.

. The last time two Penske Racing Dodges qualified for the Chase was 2005 (Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman).

. Dodge has not won a championship since the Chase format was introduced in 2004. Kurt Busch won the 2004 title before moving to Penske Racing in 2006.

. Dodge has won four Sprint Cup championships: David Pearson (1966), Bobby Isaac (1970), Richard Petty (1974, 1975).

2011 CHASE to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings (After 30 of 36 Events) 1. Carl Edwards 2161 7. Tony Stewart -19 2. Kevin Harvick -1 8. Kyle Busch -20 3. Jimmie Johnson -4 9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -43 4. Brad Keselowski -11 10. Jeff Gordon -47 5. Matt Kenseth -12 11. Ryan Newman -54 6. Kurt Busch -12 12. Denny Hamlin -79

DODGE IN THE CHASE: CHARLOTTE . 2004: Ryan Newman started from the pole and led 31 laps on the way to a 14th-place finish. Jeremy Mayfield started 13th but was involved in an accident and finished 30th. . 2005: Ryan Newman started second, led 42 laps and finished seventh. Jeremy Mayfield rallied from a 37th-place starting position to finish 11th. He led once in the race. Rusty Wallace started 27th and finished 24th as 27 cars finished on the lead lap. . 2006: Kasey Kahne won the race, crossing the finish line 1.624 seconds ahead of Jimmie Johnson. He led a race-high 134 of 334 laps. . 2007: Kurt Busch started eighth and led 13 laps. He finished 26th. . 2008: There were no Dodges in the 2008 Chase field. . 2009: Kasey Kahne started third, led 67 laps and finished third. Kurt Busch started 15th and led once en route to a 10th-place finish. . 2010: Kurt Busch was the single Dodge entry. He started 15th and finished 30th.

THE DODGE BOYS . Dodge has 212 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories. . Dodge has five victories this season, three by Brad Keselowski (Kansas, Pocono and Bristol) and two by Kurt Busch (Infineon, Dover). Dodge’s most recent win came at Dover. Busch led five times for 90 of the 400 laps. . Dodge teams have recorded 52 victories since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.

FROM THE DODGE ENGINEER: “As we approach the second race of the season at Charlotte Motor Speedway, we find vast differences in how we have to set up the car for this race compared to the spring event. Charlotte has probably the most temperature-sensitive track surface in the series. We find the mild weather in October gives the track considerably more grip than we see during the usually hot spring visit. More grip means faster laps and higher corner-entry speeds. That requires multiple setup changes for the same 1.5-mile track that we raced at only five months ago. A seemingly small difference in temperature at Charlotte makes for a big engineering challenge.” Howard Comstock – Dodge Motorsports Engineering

STATS OF THE WEEK . Brad Keselowski has scored two wins, seven top five and nine top 10 finishes in the last 11 NSCS races. He has an average finish of 7.5 through four Chase races including three top fives. . Kurt Busch remains the only driver in the Sprint Cup Series that has remained inside the top 10 in driver standings all season. He has two top-10 finishes in the four Chase races including a win at Dover. He has an average finish of 10.5 in the first four Chase races.

2011 SPRINT CUP SERIES SEASON BEST . Kurt Busch Start: 1st (Kansas, Pocono & Michigan) Finish: 1st (Infineon, Dover) . Brad Keselowski Start: 1st (Charlotte) Finish: 1st (Kansas, Pocono, Bristol) . Robby Gordon Start: 30th (Daytona) Finish: 16th (Daytona)

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES “We’re coming back to Charlotte hoping to be able to continue to flex some muscle on the intermediate-sized tracks. Getting a solid finish, a strong top-five or at least a top-10, that’s the most important goal for this weekend. But when the dust has settled there on Saturday night, it’d be one of the greatest accomplishments I could ever experience to be standing there in Victory Lane with another Charlotte Motor Speedway winner’s trophy.” Kurt Busch (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

“Charlotte is definitely a track that I am looking forward to going back to, especially now that the Miller Lite Dodge team is in the hunt for the championship. It was a place that I struggled to get a grip on during my early trips, but last year (crew chief) Paul (Wolfe) and I picked up a win in the Nationwide Series there and it seemed like a light went off for me. After winning the pole for the 600 in May, I felt we were one of the cars to beat. We put ourselves in position at the end of the race and just had nowhere to go when the 4 car ran out of gas. We just ran right into the back of him. That killed our chances for the win, but we know that we can run up front and lead laps there.” Brad Keselowski (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Paul Wolfe Q&A
October 12, 2011 , MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2011

Dodge Motorsports PR

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Paul Wolfe Q&A

PAUL WOLFE (Crew Chief, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T)
BOTH DODGES QUALIFIED FOR THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP. COMMENT ON TECHNICAL RELATIONSHIP WITH DODGE. “I think going into the season, when Dodge decided to only focus on working with Penske and being the only two (full-time) Cup cars in the series, I think a lot of people probably thought they were crazy and didn’t really understand it. But I think it’s obviously paid off. The results I think are showing that; they are able to give all the attention and focus just to these two race cars. You know, sometimes you’d like to think you’d have other teams to lean on. The cool thing about Dodge is they continue to come back to us wanting feedback, what they can do to be better, so they’re always trying to grow the program, trying to be able to give us all we want. It’s really helped. As we go farther down the road with the relationship, I think that’ll continue to get better and stronger and they’ll understand where they can help us more and vice versa and just continue to build a great race team.”

HOW DID YOU GO FROM UP AND COMING YOUNG DRIVER TO CREW CHIEF? HOW DIFFICULT WAS THAT TRANSITION? “Really, probably the reason it wasn’t as difficult is because my first start in this sport was building race cars when I moved to North Carolina in ’96. So I started out building ‘em, working on ‘em, understanding what it took to build one of these things. Then when I got the opportunity to drive, I think at that point that helped me in my driving. I worked real hard at that on and off for four or five years and was just never really able to get an opportunity where I could continue to succeed and find the success that I needed to stay driving at this level in the sport. So, at that point, it was going back to what I knew and knew I could do well and that was building race cars, working on ‘em and making ‘em go fast. When the opportunities to drive kind of dried up, it was kind of easy for me to transform back to doing something like that.”

IN THE LAST THREE YEARS YOU HAVE GONE FROM BRAUN RACING TO WINNING A NATIONWIDE TITLE AT PENSKE RACING TO BEING IN CONTENTION FOR THE CUP CHAMPIONSHIP. “Just looking at this year in itself, I haven’t really taken a lot of time to reflect on what we’ve been able to accomplish. Leading up to why I’m in this role I’m in now, it’s probably has to do with all my years in the Nationwide Series. It was 2006 when I started (as a crew chief) in the Nationwide Series and it was with a bunch of different teams. When I had the opportunity to come to Penske last year and work with Brad (Keselowski), I felt like the reason I got the phone call and had that opportunity was all the hard work and time I had put in prior to that. So, to be able to have that opportunity last year was like, well, finally it’s paid off and I’ve got the right situation where we had great funding, a great driver, great team and I was able to maybe show a little more of what I was capable of. Being able to win all the races we did and win the championship was a great accomplishment and the hard work finally had paid off. That opened up the door to have the opportunity to move up to the Cup series, not that I didn’t like winning all those races last year and winning the championship. I could have gone back and done that again this year and continue to build on that, but I felt like I had accomplished a lot of what I wanted to accomplish in the Nationwide Series. To move to the Cup series, I felt like it had to be the right situation. I felt like the relationship that Brad and I built over the 2010 season and all the relationships here at Penske and their belief in what I could do; I thought it was a good fit and a great opportunity to do move into the role. I’ve always felt like I’ve worked with teams that maybe hadn’t had a lot of success, so it gave me the opportunity to go in there and build something and show what I was capable of doing. Obviously, this wasn’t the 2 team, but the 12 team which transformed to the 2. (Last year’s No. 2 team moved over to the 22 team with Kurt Busch while the No. 12 team of Sam Hornish Jr. from the previous year became the No. 2 team). It was a chance for me to bring in some new guys, some guys from the Nationwide Series and try to get Brad up to the level of competition where we all felt like he could run. Definitely a slow start to the season, but as we moved to the middle part of the season we started to show that we were capable and that we felt like we belonged in the series.”

THERE IS A LOT OF TRUST BETWEEN YOU AND BRAD WITH THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE DURING A RACE. HOW DO YOU BUILD THAT LEVEL OF TRUST? “Well, obviously, we’ve only worked together for two years now. Leading up to us getting together and working together last year, I think we looked at what one another was able to accomplish, what we’ve done to get to this point and there was some sort of level of respect and trust just going into it. And then, as we got into the season last year and started having success, I think that you just kind of start to build even more (respect). It’s just like anything else, like momentum, you start to really trust and believe and know that each of us are doing the right things. That’s why we’re successful. So when you have that, I think it makes it easier to get through the times when you struggle. As competitive as this sport is, especially at the Cup level, there’s going to be days when you struggle, when you’re off and weeks and months as it was for us at the beginning of the season. At the beginning of the season, we knew it was going to take time and it was definitely a big transition for me. But I think all that trust and belief in one another and our hard work got us through that part of the season, kept us focused and not pointing fingers at one another, putting the blame on anybody. We knew as a team we could do it and we continued to work hard and Brad never gave up. We continued to work and get him race cars where we could be competitive. Now, it’s at the point where I feel like we both are confident we’re capable of doing it. We’ve showed it and if we’re having a bad race, we’re off or just making the calls, we believe in one another. At the end of the day, there’s some sort of risk when you make calls on Sunday. Sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don’t. I feel like we’re smart and have done a good job that we’re probably up here of the calls that went good and the ones that went bad are down here. I think as a team we do a great job. We try to communicate. That’s something that Brad’s really good at is being involved in what’s going on and understanding how the race is playing out. We make decisions; we talk about ‘em. Some of it might have been prior to the start of the race, so when we’re making calls, we’ve already discussed a lot of this and we know what each of us is thinking even though we might not say it on the radio. A lot of that stuff is probably behind the scenes that the people listening in don’t know what we’ve already discussed. It just helps having that communication and making the good decisions.”

COMMENT ON THE UPCOMING RACES AT MARTINSVILLE, TALLADEGA AND PHOENIX. DO YOU CLASSIFY ALL OF THEM AS “WILD CARD” RACES? “Well I think its (Phoenix) going to be a tough race just because it’s new to everybody. I don’t know if I look at it as a wild card. I guess you could label it as a wild card. To me, Talladega and Martinsville are races where so many things out of your control can happen. But as I look at Phoenix, I guess it’s a wild card from the standpoint it is new to everyone; everyone has to figure it out. But still at the end of the day the successful teams, the teams that do their homework, are still going to be the team that runs well, in my opinion. It was an interesting test. It wasn’t the greatest test from our standpoint. We know we’ve got a lot of work to do. The track surface was definitely a one-groove track at the test. It will be interesting to see how that aspect of it changes because the way it tested, it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a great race. Unfortunately, it was something that needed to be done. As teams and as NASCAR, we always seem to work through and are able to put on a good race.”

IT SEEMS LIKE IN MOST RACES THERE COMES A POINT WHERE A CREW CHIEF HAS TO DO SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT TO KEEP TRACK POSITION AND STAY IN CONTENTION. HOW DO YOU SORT THROUGH ALL THE DATA AND INFORMATION TO MAKE THAT DECISION? “It’s definitely tough, from a lot of aspects. With it being new to me, I guess I didn’t really have any expectations or any habits of how to call a race. Obviously, you always hear Chad (Knaus, crew chief for Jimmie Johnson) say he doesn’t know how to call a race anymore with all the success that they’ve had with the 48 car. But I think it’s definitely changed a lot this year. Being on the outside in the past watching the races and how they played out, some of that has to do with the tires. Some of the tracks we’ve gone to, we’re just not seeing a lot of speed fall off in some of the tires. Obviously, those types of races change how you call along with all the fuel mileage stuff; that was a big part of our first win at Kansas. My approach to racing has never been real conservative. So to me, I probably make more risky calls than maybe some other guys might. But that’s just my style. Some people look at some calls and might think they’re pretty risky. At the same time, there’s definitely some sort of data or facts behind the decisions we make. I think you see, the majority of the time they pay off for us. If we were making risky calls and it was going 50-50, then you could call it just a shot in the dark. My engineers do a great job of giving me information from the fuel mileage stuff to just tracking weather. There have been some races where we’ve used some weather in our strategy. It’s definitely a team effort up on top of the box with the information. That’s the part of the race weekend. I really enjoy calling the race and all the strategy stuff. I feel like that’s an area where, as a team, we continue to get our race cars better each week. We probably haven’t had a lot of dominate race cars yet. I feel like we’re still building and trying to continue to advance our setups and get to where we can have weekends like the 48 did this weekend, where he was kind of the class of the field. We haven’t had that a lot, but the part of the equation that we have done well at was making those pit calls or strategy. There are so many aspects of winning these Cup races and winning the championship other than all-out speed. Now, at the end of the day, when you have race cars that are really fast, it makes calling the race easier for sure. You don’t have to have fast race cars every week to be successful. That’s the one thing that I’ve seen this season and it pays the same amount of points whether you had a dominate car or not. When you win the race, it doesn’t really matter how you got there. We’ll continue to build our team and build better race cars and then, I think the rest of it will even be easier for us.”

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE AS A CREW CHIEF IN THE CUP SERIES? “For me personally, it’s probably been learning to rely on a lot of resources and people around me. It’s so competitive, there are so many aspects of it at this level. In the past, I’ve always been hands-on with every part of the race car, race team and pit crew. As you get to this level, it’s so competitive you have to learn to build trust in the guys around you and believe that they’ve giving you the right information, the things you need to make decisions. You just physically can’t do everything. There are not enough hours in the day and you just drain yourself if you try to do all aspects of what it takes to be successful. So just making that transition and building trust in the guys around me and continuing to try to find good guys, A+ guys to put on to this team to be able to compete with the 48 car has been a challenge.”

WITH YOUR BACKGROUND AS A HANDS-ON GUY, IS IT STRANGE TO NOT BE CRAWLING UNDER A CAR ALL THE TIME? “Absolutely, and that’s part of what I say of having to have trust in the people around you. I enjoy working on the race cars. Don’t get me wrong, I still do. I’m not turning the wrenches every day, but I like to spend time with the guys whether they’re on the pull-down rig or out here on the set-up plate. I still know what’s going on, know the nuts and bolts of my race car. I think that’s what’s helped me be successful, even this year, just knowing my race cars and knowing what’s on ‘em.”

FROM THIS POINT OF THE SEASON MOVING FORWARD, WHAT IS A SUCCESSFUL CHASE? “You know coming into the season, I’ve never been super-big on setting goals from the standpoint of I want to have this many top fives or top 10s and win this many races. The way I’ve approached it is ‘I told some reporters in January that I felt like realistically we could be in the Chase’. I felt like that was realistic. The thing for us was to go to Daytona and from Daytona on continue to see improvement in our race team, from the speed in our cars to how well the guys worked together to our pit crew, see Brad improve, myself and the decisions I make in calling races and decisions over the weekend. And if we can continue to do that each and every week, I would consider that being successful. I didn’t really set any numbers. Have I surprised myself and probably some others around the company with what we actually have accomplished, I’d be lying if I said no because honestly, I didn’t picture us winning three races this year and being this far into the Chase and having a shot at it. Probably wasn’t looking that far into the future. It was more of what do we have to do today to be better day-by-day. As we’ve taken that approach, we’ve seen the results and are seeing that we have a shot to win the championship.”

THE NASCAR SEASON IS INCREDIBLY LONG. HOW HAVE YOU FOUND WAYS AS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM TO FIND A BALANCE, NOT BURN GUYS OUT AND KEEP THEM FRESH ALL SEASON? “There’s one thing most people that know me and as people get to know me, is that I’m a pretty quiet guy. I don’t say a whole lot. I’m not a big cheerleader or one of those types of guys, but I try to surround myself with people that don’t need that. I try to get guys that are racers, that have the same passion that I do. There’s always guys with different personalities that need a pat on the back every now and them and that’s fine, that’s understandable. I feel like the group of guys we have are really strong. They’re all racers. They’ve all worked hard to get to this point and they’re pretty strong in that they don’t need someone telling ‘em what they need to do or when they need to take a break. Now, obviously, we try to give everybody the time they deserve and try not to get ‘em burned out. From that side of it, it goes back to everybody back here at the shop. They do a great job preparing our race cars and getting them in shape where the road guys don’t have to be here every day. They get their time to relax and be fresh for the weekend. I think, knock on wood, we’ve done a great job with great, reliable cars all year. And that’s part of being in the Chase as well as not having too many DNFs or any issues. Everybody is just kind of taking it race by race and just really, to be honest with you, just haven’t seem to have felt a lot of pressure. I try to go in there each weekend and approach it like we have to get to this point and continue to try to push forward with trying to make our race cars better. We’re bringing a brand new race car this weekend (to Charlotte). Some may think that’s crazy; why would you roll out a new car that you haven’t worked with this year when you’re in the Chase. That’s always been my approach, probably take more risks than some, but it always seems to work for me. I’m just not very conservative from that aspect. If I feel like there’s something better out there, I’m not afraid to put it on my race car.”

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU’RE HAVING FUN. “Absolutely, it’s definitely been a lot of fun. It seems like, in a lot of ways, we struggled bad at the beginning of the year trying to figure it all out. Now, I feel like we can breathe each week and be smarter about what we’re doing. That just continues to snowball and we’re finding ourselves with even more success.”

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DRIVER: Brad Keselowski, No. 2, Dodge Charger

October 12, 2011 , AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - In his first full season as a member of the Penske Racing family, Brad Keselowski did something that no other driver in motorsports history was able to accomplish. The 26-year-old driver from Rochester Hills, Mich. was able to capture the first NASCAR championship for Roger Penske. With crew chief Paul Wolfe calling the shots and committed sponsors like Discount Tire and Ruby Tuesday adorning the sides of the No. 22 Dodge, Keselowski re-wrote the record book as he won the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series title.

Growing up in a racing family, Keselowski is well aware of the sacrifices that need to be made to make it to the top level of the NASCAR Cup Series. After years of climbing the rungs of the NASCAR ladder, it’s somehow fitting that the second-year Penske Racing driver has the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of the most iconic rides in motorsports history – the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge – for the 2011 season and beyond. Keselowski makes the move with confidence and momentum, fresh off his first NASCAR championship in the Nationwide Series. With Wolfe also moving up to join Keselowski as crew chief of the Miller Lite team, Keselowski is well positioned for a strong Cup Series run in 2011.

After establishing himself as one of NASCAR’s rising stars with his success in both the Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series, Brad Keselowski officially joined Penske Racing in September of 2009. He was named to drive for the team full-time beginning in 2010 behind the wheel of the No. 12 Penske Dodge in the Cup Series and the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge in the Nationwide Series. In his first full season with the team, Keselowski cruised to a 445-point victory in the Nationwide Series championship standings on the strength of six wins, five poles and a series-record 26 top-five finishes.

He also captured his third-consecutive Most Popular Driver award in the Nationwide Series. Keselowski will once again compete in the Nationwide Series in 2011 with Discount Tire and Ruby Tuesday returning as sponsors of the No. 22 Dodge Challenger.

After his successful 2010 campaign, Keselowski was chosen to drive the “Blue Deuce” in 2011, and he will join select company as only the third driver in the 21-year history of the historic ride. With former drivers Rusty Wallace and Kurt Busch, the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge has averaged an 8.8 season finish in the final Cup Series standings. Keselowski brings an impressive pedigree to the No. 2 car team and he is ready to embrace the traditions and expectations that come with being entrusted with a top-notch car.

Keselowski grew up in an environment where spending time at the race shop and the track was just a way of life. His father, Bob Keselowski, was a 1997 race winner in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. His uncle, Ron Keselowski, competed at the Cup Series level in the early 1970s.

At the age of 14, Keselowski made the transition from turning wrenches for his family-owned team, K Automotive Motorsports, to racing. He started competing in the Senior Honda 120 Quarter Midget division in 1998. In his first season, he earned six feature wins. The next year, he moved up to the Senior Honda 160 Quarter Midget division where he won eight feature races and the championship.

In 2000, Keselowski began racing stock cars in the Factory Stock division. That season, he collected nine feature wins as well as Rookie-of-the-Year honors at two Michigan tracks – Auto City Speedway and Dixie Motor Speedway.

During the next three years, Keselowski balanced his budding racing career with his full-time job working for his family’s Camping World Truck Series operation. He advanced to the Limited Late Model and Super Late Model divisions and continued to rack up wins, despite competing on a limited basis. In 2001, he earned five fast-qualifier positions, one feature win and five top-five finishes. Over the next two seasons, he collected 11 fast-qualifier positions, two Super Late Model and two Limited Late Model wins and nine top-five finishes.

Keselowski graduated to Camping World Truck Series competition in 2004 as he drove the truck operated by his family’s team for eight races. The following season, he ran the full Truck Series schedule. His best finish was seventh, which he recorded in February 2005 at Daytona International Speedway.

In 2006, Keselowski gained more NASCAR experience as he ran a partial schedule in both the Nationwide Series and the Camping World Truck Series. He earned valuable seat time as he competed in 13 combined races – seven in the Nationwide Series and six in the Truck Series. That experience prepared him for 2007, when he caught the eye of Dale Earnhardt Jr., owner of JR Motorsports.

Keselowski entered the 2007 season expecting to compete full-time in the Nationwide Series for Keith Coleman Racing. But Keselowski had to alter his plans when the team suspended operations in June. Keselowski, who already raced in two Truck Series events earlier in the season, was given another chance later that month when Germain Racing needed a last-minute replacement for Ted Musgrave in the Truck Series race at Memphis Motorsports Park.

Though Earnhardt was aware of Keselowski’s talent, he really became intrigued as he watched the young driver win the pole position, lead 62 laps and compete for the win that day in Memphis. But what struck Earnhardt the most about Keselowski was how he handled himself on the track, especially after being spun out with 10 laps to go by eventual race winner Travis Kvapil.

Keselowski still salvaged a 16th-place finish after the incident. The race was the turning point in Keselowski’s NASCAR career. Realizing how much Keselowski had to offer, JR Motorsports signed the young gun to drive the No. 88 car in the Nationwide Series.

Keselowski made his debut for JR Motorsports in the July 2007 Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway. He earned a 14th-place result – the first of eight top-15 finishes he would score during the season. Keselowski competed in 27 races in all, but earned his best results driving the No. 88 entry, recording five top-10 and eight top-15 finishes in 14 starts.

In 2008, Keselowski enjoyed his breakout season. He finished third in the Nationwide Series standings as he produced wins at Nashville Superspeedway and Bristol Motor Speedway in his first full season of Nationwide Series competition. He also earned one pole position, 11 top-five and 20 top-10 finishes. The promising racer led laps in 21 races for a total of 295 as he earned the WIX Filters Lap Leader Award for 2008. Keselowski also was chosen by the fans as the Nationwide Series’ Most Popular Driver.

On Nov. 2, 2008, Keselowski made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Texas Motor Speedway, driving the No. 25 car for Hendrick Motorsports. He climbed from his 37th starting spot to finish 19th. Later that month, he made his second Cup Series start and finished 23rd in the season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The 2009 campaign was a season to remember for the 25-year-old Rochester Hills, Mich. native. Not only did Keselowski capture four victories and two poles in the Nationwide Series, but he won the biggest race of his career when he took the checkered flag at Talladega Superspeedway in April, marking his first NASCAR Cup Series victory.

Over the final three Cup Series events of the season, Keselowski took over the reins of the No. 12 Penske Dodge and he earned a top finish of 25th place at Homestead.

Keselowski earned four top-10 results in a total of 15 Cup Series starts in 2009. He once again was a force in the Nationwide Series as he finished third in the championship battle for the second consecutive season and he was also voted the Most Popular Driver in the series for the second year in a row.

In 2010, Keselowski entered his first full-season in the NASCAR Cup Series, as well as his first full year with Penske Racing. In addition to his record-setting performance in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, Keselowski also garnered two top-10 finishes and nine results inside the top-15 during the season. He also captured his first career Cup Series pole at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in September. The confidence level for Keselowski remains high as he prepares for his first season behind the wheel of the “Blue Deuce.”

“To follow champions like Rusty Wallace and Kurt Busch in the legendary ‘Blue Deuce’ is a dream come true,” said Keselowski. “The Miller Lite racing team is accustomed to winning on and off the track, and I can’t wait to do my part to build on that tradition. I’m also excited to return to the Nationwide Series in the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge. I feel confident in my growth as a driver since I became part of Penske Racing and I look forward to a successful 2011 season.”

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NASCAR preparing for injection of change

October 13. 2011

DAYTONA BEACH -- NASCAR took the opportunity during last week's two-day Sprint Cup test at newly repaved Phoenix International Raceway to tweak its fuel injection system.

When the 2012 Cup season opens in February at Daytona International Speedway, the cars will have traded in the tried-and-true carburetor for a new-fangled fuel injection system run by a computer system.

Three fuel-injected cars showed up at Phoenix -- a Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolt, a Penske Racing Dodge and a Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota -- mixed in with the other cars powered by normally aspirated engines.

"It was an opportunity to run and compare the system with other cars on the race track," NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said.

NASCAR is in a race against the clock to perfect the system, which will debut during 2012 Speed Weeks.

There are three primary players prepping the fuel injector. Freescale designed and built the chip used by England-based McLaren, which is building the engine control unit.

Holley Performance Products, which has supplied NASCAR teams with carburetors since the mid-1960s, is providing the throttle body, the hardware that controls an air vent where the carburetor sits today.

Fuel injection has been standard equipment on production cars since the late 1980s.

"In a way, we're putting 'stock' back into stock car racing," Freescale engineer Steve Nelson said.

"If you go back to the first electronic fuel injection system -- the 1980 Cadillac Eldorado -- it was made by Motorola, which spun us off as a separate company a few years ago. The cars of today are bumper-to-bumper electronics."

Holley's Bobby Writesman said his company is "excited" to be involved in the NASCAR project, even though its carburetors are being pulled by the sanctioning body.

"NASCAR wanted to have a throttle body system, which means there would be an air valve sitting at the top of the manifold at the same place the carburetor has always been," Writesman said.

"Once we understood what NASCAR was looking for, we had our engineering group develop a throttle body system. Fortunately, we were able to get that supply position. We are very pleased to be part of it."

NASCAR has used carburetors since the sanctioning body was incorporated in 1948. The Strictly Stock, now Sprint Cup, series was started in 1949.

The carburetor mixes air and fuel and sends it to the intake manifold. That mixture is then pushed into each cylinder and ignited.

With fuel injection, air and fuel are mixed in each cylinder, which makes for a more efficient way to ignite the lead-free gas/ethanol blend.

"The electronic fuel injection car seems to improve every time I test it," MWR test driver Mike Skinner said at Phoenix. "Now we can put fingers on problems and fix them pretty quick, which is really good news.

"At the end of the day, my goal is to give them the right feedback so when the regular drivers get in them, they won't know the difference.''

NASCAR is converting to fuel injection for several reasons, including the hope to connect with younger automobile enthusiasts, who have turned their attention to X-Games-like competition and "drifting."

Today's younger generation, which can tune its cars by plugging a laptop into the car's ECU, doesn't relate to carbureted systems. NASCAR and Cup competitors agreed it was time to modernize the marquee series.

"We've had good conversations with team owners, and we all agreed it was time to move forward," Pemberton said.

Nelson said there would be no opportunity for teams to change the ECU software, which is being written by McLaren engineers.

"McLaren has a long history in motorsports, including Formula One," Nelson said. "The boxes, you can't change them.''

NASCAR has a major fuel injection test planned for Oct. 20 at Talladega Superspeedway. This will serve as a primer for Speed Weeks events, including the Daytona 500.

Pemberton said the test was "extremely important."

Restrictor plates will continue to be used at Talladega and Daytona, but Nelson said they are not really necessary if a car is controlled by an ECU.

The plates restrict air flow to the engine, reducing horsepower. They have been standard at Daytona and Talladega since 1988.

"The plate will do the exact same thing on normally aspirated engines or fuel injection," Nelson said. "Down the road, NASCAR could change the parameters and take away the plate.

"Can they do it? Absolutely. Will they do it? That remains to be seen. NASCAR will take one step at a time, but I think you'll see the plates disappear in a year or two."

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Advance – Charlotte 2
Published on October 12, 2011 by Official Release

Dollar General 300 Miles of Courage

Oct. 14, 2011

Charlotte Motor Speedway

BRAD KESELOWSKI No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats: Starts: 164 Starts: 25 Wins: 16 Wins: 4 Top Fives: 70 Top Fives: 11 Top 10s: 99 Top 10s: 17 Poles: 11 Poles: 3 Laps Led: 2,569 Laps Led: 721

Charlotte Motor Speedway Stats: Starts: 10 Wins: 1 Top Fives: 3 Top 10s: 7 Laps Led: 136

• Won 2010 fall race at Charlotte by 1.137 seconds over second-place Martin Truex Jr.

• Has seven consecutive top-10 finishes at Charlotte and has been running at the finish in nine consecutive races at the 1.5-mile superspeedway.

• Scored a sixth-place finish at Charlotte in May.

• Most recent NNS series race winner with his victory at Kansas Speedway and has won two of the last three NNS races.
• Qualified in the top 10 in nine consecutive starts. • 2010 Nationwide Series champion.

SAM HORNISH JR. No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats: Starts: 29 Starts: 9 Wins: 0 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 1 Top Fives: 1 Top 10s: 3 Top 10s: 3 Poles: 0 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 51 Laps Led: 43

• Claimed a career-best fifth-place finish in most recent NNS start at Chicagoland Speedway (race No. 28).

• Has led at least one lap in both previous NNS starts at Charlotte. • Has three top-10 finishes in nine starts this season.

• Led season-high 39 laps at Iowa (race No. 22).

• Has been running at the finish in eight consecutive races.

• Qualified eighth or better in each of the last six races.

BRAD KESELOWSKI ON CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY “The Discount Tire Dodge Challengers have really been strong on the mile and a half tracks, especially over the last couple of months. To have a dominant car like we had at Kansas, even though they are two completely different intermediate tracks, gives me no reason to think we can’t have another strong run at Charlotte this weekend. Every driver wants to win at Charlotte and my win in this race last year is one of my proudest moments in racing. Charlotte usually has some very tough fields so you beat the best when you win a race there.”

DODGE AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY • Dodge has three Nationwide wins at Charlotte: Ryan Newman (2005 fall), Kasey Kahne (2007 spring) and Brad Keselowski (2010 fall). • Dodge has two pole positions at Charlotte: Casey Mears (2004 fall) and Kasey Kahne (2005 spring).

DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES • Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this season with Penske Racing. Sam Hornish Jr. joins Brad Keselowski for a limited schedule. Hornish will make his 10th Nationwide start of the year at Charlotte. • Dodge has 39 wins in the Nationwide Series, seven coming in the 2010 season.

SAM SAYS “We had a great run at Chicagoland Speedway back in September and I know that the team will be working hard to produce the same results this weekend. I look forward to getting back into my Penske Racing Dodge Challenger and hopefully end up with a trophy by the end of the night.” Sam Hornish Jr., driver, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NATIONWIDE: Reed Sorenson prepared for Charlotte II

CHARLOTTE, NC (Oct. 12, 2011) Crusader Staffing will present the Think Pink car for breast cancer awareness this Friday night for the Dollar General 300 Miles of Courage at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Driver Reed Sorenson will again be behind the wheel of the No. 82 Dodge for MacDonald Motorsports.

Sorenson joined the team last week after his sudden release from Turner Motorsports. In his first stint behind the wheel, Sorenson, currently third in the Nationwide Series points standings, finished the race in 26th place.

“I’m looking forward to this weekend, it’s always exciting to run in Charlotte, our home track, and it means a lot to do well here. Our first goal is to qualify in and realistically finish in the top 20,” said Sorenson. “I’m grateful for the support of MacDonald Motorsports and Crusader Staffing for giving me this opportunity, and I can’t wait to get out there on the track.”

Randy MacDonald, owner of MacDonald Motorsports, with strong support from Dell Hamilton and Crusader Staffing worked diligently to get more horsepower for Sorenson this week. MacDonald Motorsports, typically one of the lower funded teams in the series, made strides to set Sorenson up for success, in hopes of him keeping and possibly improving his third place standing.

“We’re excited to be on the car again this week as the presenting sponsor, and honored to have Zeta Tau Alpha and the Think Pink campaign on board to bring awareness to the issue of breast cancer,” Hamilton said.

SOURCE

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RIVER BIO: Sam Hornish Jr., Driver, No. 12 Dodge Challenger

Sam Hornish Jr. returns for his fourth season of NASCAR competition with Penske Racing in 2011. One of the most successful drivers in the recent history of open-wheel racing, Hornish has successfully transitioned to stock cars, and he’s achieved career milestones as he prepares for new challenges and opportunities in 2011.

Hornish will compete in selected NASCAR Nationwide Series races in the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts/Penske Dodge Challenger this season as he continues to refine his stock car racing skills.

The 2010 NASCAR Cup Series season saw Hornish, a native of Defiance, Ohio, make marked improvements in many categories. His qualifying results improved dramatically as he posted two top-three starting positions in 2010. Hornish also made gains in consistency and average finishing position over the course of last season. He completed a noteworthy 95% of the laps in which he raced and he led a NASCAR career-high 50 laps of competition.

In 2009, Hornish completed his sophomore season in the Cup Series with strong results. He captured his first Cup Series top-10 finish at Phoenix International Raceway with a ninth-place result en route to a total of seven top-10 finishes for the year. Hornish continued his forward momentum by scoring his first NASCAR top-five finish with a fourth-place result at Pocono Raceway followed two weeks later by a fifth-place showing at Michigan International Speedway.

Hornish earned his first NASCAR victory in the Sprint Showdown qualifying event for the 2009 All-Star Race at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. Hornish went on to finish 16th in the All-Star race.

At the midpoint of the 2009 season, Hornish was noted as the second most improved Cup Series driver by NASCAR Loop Data statistics over the previous year, trailing only Penske Racing teammate Kurt Busch.

The 30-year-old Hornish remembers growing up racing with his father while his mother helped run the family business in his native Ohio. Advancing through the racing ranks en route to the IndyCar Series, Hornish credits the support of his family for the unprecedented success he achieved at a young age.

Hornish began racing go-karts at age 11. His winning tradition began four years later when he emerged victorious in 19 of 55 starts on his way to the World Karting Association’s U.S. Grand National Championship. In 1996, Hornish moved to Formula Ford cars, spending more then two seasons in the U.S. Formula Ford 2000 Series before progressing to the Toyota Atlantic Championship. Hornish entered the IndyCar Series in 2000. He quickly caught the eye of Panther Racing, which went on to hire him for the team’s 2001 IndyCar Series campaign. That decision was rewarded immediately when Hornish claimed victories in his first two starts with the team, ultimately winning the series crown in his rookie season. In a total of 15 starts in 2002, Hornish earned five victories and 11 top-five finishes. His stellar season was capped by his second consecutive IndyCar Series Championship.

After the 2003 season, in which he posted three victories, Hornish’s childhood dream was realized when Team Penske invited him to join its squad for the 2004 season. Hornish quickly proved himself by winning his debut race with the team for his 12th career IndyCar Series win. His victory marked the first time an Indy car driver won in his inaugural run in the history of Penske Racing. In his second season with Team Penske, Hornish earned two victories and finished third in the series championship.

Hornish added the crown jewel to his resume in 2006 by winning the Indianapolis 500. He captured the win from the pole, making a pass on the final stretch of the final lap to steal the win from rookie Marco Andretti in a finish for the ages.

Hornish would go on to record four poles and three more race wins that year, on his way to his third career IndyCar Series Championship and the first-ever series title for Penske Racing. At the end of the 2006 season, Hornish made his initial foray into stock car racing, making a pair of NASCAR Nationwide Series starts for Penske Racing.

In 2007, Hornish competed in multiple NASCAR Nationwide Series races and two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events as he began his much-anticipated transition from open-wheel to stock cars. In addition, he competed in his final season in the IndyCar Series as he earned a race victory for his seventh consecutive season and finished fifth in the series driver standings.

Hornish competed as a rookie contender in the 2008 Sprint Cup Series and garnered attention with strong performances in the season-opening Daytona 500 and the Sprint All-Star Race, where he was one of two participants to race their way into the event. Hornish earned three top-15 finishes with a season-best result of 13th in the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. Hornish also competed in a total of eight Nationwide Series races with four top-15 finishes and one Camping World Truck Series race where he earned his first NASCAR top-10 finish with a ninth-place result. Hornish finished a close second in the 2008 Sprint Cup Series Rookie-of-the-Year standings.

Hornish remains one of the most decorated drivers in IndyCar Series history. He stood on the podium 47 times and produced 62 top-five finishes in 116 series starts. Known for his late race passes, Hornish has been involved in four of the top-10 closest finishes in IndyCar Series history, as he won three of them.

Although Hornish is a world-class racer, he has not forgotten his roots and is actively involved in community efforts across the country. In his hometown of Defiance, Ohio, Hornish was involved in the creation of a senior center for local residents as well as the addition of a heart center at Defiance Medical Center. Hornish also turned his love of bowling into a successful charity campaign over the past five years during the fall race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. In conjunction with Speedway Children’s Charities, Hornish has raised over $500,000 to benefit the children of north Texas.

Hornish also enjoys customizing vehicles in his 5,400-square-foot garage in Defiance. His collection includes a 1930 Model A Ford, a 1951 Mercury, a 1955 Chevrolet Del Ray, a 1965 Cadillac Coupe de Ville and a 1967 Chevrolet pick-up truck. His personal vehicle stable also includes a personally customized 2009 GMC Sierra, a 2009 Dodge Ram 2500, a 2008 GMC Sierra, a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV, a 2003 customized Chevrolet Silverado, a 1977 Kenworth W900-A semi truck and a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z-06 he received for winning the 2006 Indianapolis 500.

The highlight of Hornish’s garage is a fully-functional Hornish Brothers semitruck complete with lights, authentic sounds, vibration and, of course, a powerful motor. The truck is modeled after the fleet owned by his family’s company, Hornish Brothers Inc. Hornish currently resides in Napoleon, Ohio with his wife, Crystal, and the couple’s young daughters, Addison and Eliza. The family also maintains a residence in Mooresville, N.C.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NASCAR Qualifying
Last Updated: Thursday, Oct 13, 2011 8:56 pm, EDT
Bank of America 500
Field Set Charlotte Motor Speedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 191.959
2 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 191.918
3 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 191.870
4 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 191.768
5 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 191.741
6 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 191.584
7 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 191.462
8 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 191.394
9 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 191.340
10 Trevor Bayne (21) Ford 191.259
11 David Ragan (6) Ford 191.002
12 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 191.002
13 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 190.900
14 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 190.894
15 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 190.833
16 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 190.819
17 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 190.799
18 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 190.638
19 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 190.611
20 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 190.570
21 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 190.429
22 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 190.255
23 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 190.007
24 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 189.727
25 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 189.540
26 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 189.520
27 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 189.401
28 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 189.082
29 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 188.923
30 Landon Cassill (51) Chevrolet 188.851
31 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 188.772
32 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 188.725
33 David Gilliland (34) Ford 188.600
34 Travis Kvapil (55) Ford 188.271
35 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 188.239
36 David Stremme (30) Chevrolet 187.918
37 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 187.454
38 J.J. Yeley (38) Ford 187.383
39 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 187.311
40 Andy Lally (277) Ford 186.657
41 Hermie Sadler (71) Ford 185.675
42 Mike Bliss (32) Ford 185.382
43 Robby Gordon (7) Dodge 186.303
44 Geoffrey Bodine (135) DNQ 186.245
45 Scott Speed (46) DNQ 186.207
46 Josh Wise (37) DNQ 185.382

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – Kurt Busch Open Interview – Charlotte 2
Published on October 13, 2011 by Official Release

Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011

Dodge Kurt Busch Open Interview Quotes

Dodge Motorsports PR NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Bank of America 500

Charlotte Motor Speedway

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Ultra Dodge Charger R/T) HOW DID PRACTICE GO TODAY? “Practice was good. We were in race trim quite a bit and then switched over to qualifying and man, the speeds are intense today. Everybody is bad fast.”

TWO WEEKS AGO YOU SAID THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BIG RACE FOR YOU. DO YOU STILL FEEL THAT WAY? “Yeah this is a point where you’ve got to be close in the Chase. It’s the halfway point and you hope you leave here within 10 points of the lead.”

JEFF GORDON SAID EARLIER TODAY THAT HE THOUGHT THERE WERE ONLY TWO OR THREE TEAMS SHOWING THAT THEY COULD COMPETE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT’S SHAPING UP AT THIS POINT IN THE CHASE? “It’s tough. Everybody’s been hot, cold, all around and nobody’s really shown that this is theirs. You’ve got the 48 (Jimmie Johnson), the 99 (Carl Edwards), the 29 (Kevin Harvick), the 24 (Jeff Gordon). We’re trying to hang on to that as well with the 14 (Tony Stewart).”

YOU’RE NOT THAT FAR OUT OF IT. IS THIS A ONE-RACE KIND OF THING OR WHAT’S IT GOING TO TAKE? “We just need to get a good, solid run here and Talladega, survive that one and we’ll talk after that.”

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT AT TALLADEGA WITH THE RULE CHANGES? “It’s hard to really know. Friday will really show us a lot.”

CHARLOTTE IS KNOWN FOR BEING A TEMPERATURE-SENSITIVE RACETRACK. IS IT MORE CONSISTENT AT THE FALL NIGHT RACE VERSUS THE 600 IN MAY? “Yeah definitely. This is usually the first time we can find the cool conditions here in Charlotte and the track really seems to give you the grip right away even though the sunshine is out.”

BUT YOU HAVE MORE SPEED SO THAT’S ANOTHER SET UP VARIABLES TO CONSIDER. “Yeah I mean you’re on that edge but yet you’re more comfortable with the track being more consistent here in the fall.”

DENNY HAMLIN SAID HE’S LOOKING AT WHAT THE 48 IS DOING AS SETTING THE BAR FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. “We’ve got to do our deal on the 22 car and what we need to do as a team to be strong is just continue what we are when we have those good days and that is to get the front end to settle properly, solid pit stops and race ‘em hard after that.”

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thu, Oct. 13, 2011
Crew chief Steve Addington leaving Penske's No. 22 outfit?

CONCORD, N.C. – It appears Kurt Busch's No. 22 Penske Racing team is in store for a shakeup in the offseason.

Steve Addington, Busch's crew chief since the start of the 2010 Sprint Cup season, is not expected to return to the team in 2012, multiple sources confirmed to the Observer and ThatsRacin.com on Thursday.

Asked if he would comment on Addington's status with Penske beyond the 2011 season, organization spokesman Jonathan Gibson said, “We make it a practice to not comment on rumors and speculation. Our team's focus is on winning this weekend's race and, ultimately, the championship.”

The crew chief change would be the third for Busch since arriving at Penske in 2006. Before Addington was named to the post, Pat Tryson left before the end of the 2009 season.

Tracked down in the Cup garage at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Addington was asked twice if he could comment on his status with the team after this season.

Both times, with Addington heading into the team's hauler, he replied, “Sorry, I have to talk to Kurt.”

Busch was seen riding a golf cart toward the motorhome lot.

Busch still has a chance to win a second Cup series championship this season.

He is currently sixth in the series standings, 16 points behind leader Carl Edwards. He has won twice this season, at the road course at Sonoma, Calif., and at Dover, Del.

SOURCE

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Final Qualifying Quotes - Charlotte 2
October 13, 2011 , CONCORD, N.C. - Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011

Dodge Final Qualifying Quotes
Dodge Motorsports PR
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Bank of America 500
Charlotte Motor Speedway

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Ultra Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 20th
“A fun lap, just too loose for our car and we’ll see where we end up. You know when it goes into nightfall the track get fast, you just don’t know what to expect exactly.”

COMMENT ON THE CHANGE IN TRACK CONDITIONS FROM PRACTICE THIS AFTERNOON TO QUALIFYING TONIGHT. “You get the daytime and track temperature up and now tonight the cooler track conditions make it harder to exactly feel it but you know you’ve going to be faster.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 26th
“I was just too loose. As a team, Penske Racing has been working really, really hard to make sure we have our best cars for the last five or six races. And we brought a brand new car here to Charlotte and it’s really, really good. It was so good, it was better than we thought it was going to be and just missed the change over coming into the night. That is as excited as I can be about a car that’s probably going to qualify 25th or 30th because I know if it drives like it did with the front grip that it had, it’s going to be amazing.”

ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 SPEED Energy/Harris Teeter Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 41st
“That’s slower than what I went in practice (laughs). That’s obviously not going to be very good. We unloaded and we were on the left side of the board most of the day and then we just didn’t pick up. It was kind of weird. You know, I’m happy with getting in the show. That’s what we needed to do. We were fast enough to make the show again and that’s obviously the most important thing for us right now.”

HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO KEEP LEARNING AT A TEMPERATURE-SENSITIVE TRACK LIKE CHARLOTTE? “Well, to be honest, we were horrible last time here at Charlotte, like really bad, and if I wasn’t locked in the top 35 we would have missed the show. So, I would say we’ve gained from where we were last time. The car drove good, just got a little wiggle in Turns 1 and 2, got a little wiggle in 3 and 4.”

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NASCAR Qualifying
Final Charlotte Motor Speedway

1 Paul Menard (33) Chevrolet 185.701
2 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 185.452
3 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 185.008
4 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 184.849
5 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 184.363
6 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 184.124
7 Sam Hornish Jr. (12) Dodge 183.949
8 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 183.567
9 Brian Vickers (32) Chevrolet 183.486
10 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 183.349
11 Trevor Bayne (16) Ford 183.187
12 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 182.939
13 Josh Wise (7) Chevrolet 182.840
14 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 182.667
15 Reed Sorenson (182) Dodge 182.309
16 Ryan Truex (99) Toyota 182.199
17 Jason Leffler (30) Chevrolet 182.156
18 Kasey Kahne (38) Chevrolet 181.904
19 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 181.684
20 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 181.513
21 Scott Speed (147) Chevrolet 180.965
22 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 180.638
23 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 180.349
24 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 179.994
25 Tim Andrews (104) Ford 179.754
26 Scott Riggs (103) Chevrolet 179.700
27 Blake Koch (81) Chevrolet 179.653
28 Joe Nemechek (97) Toyota 179.557
29 Erik Darnell (142) Chevrolet 179.372
30 Johnny Chapman (141) Chevrolet 179.200
31 T.J. Bell (150) Chevrolet 178.353
32 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 178.306
33 Joey Gase (39) Ford 178.059
34 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 177.096
35 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Chevrolet 177.084
36 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 176.910
37 Kevin Lepage (52) Chevrolet 176.817
38 Charles Lewandoski (40) Chevrolet 176.661
39 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 176.062
40 Kevin Conway (87) Toyota 175.479
41 Derrike Cope (28) Chevrolet 175.450
42 Angela Cope (70) Chevrolet 175.353
43 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 177.907
44 Carl Long (175) DNQ 177.521
45 Matt Carter (171) DNQ 177.276
46 Casey Roderick (108) DNQ 177.183
47 Dennis Setzer (248) DNQ 176.707
48 Mark Green (49) DNQ 174.763
49 Chase Miller (146) DNQ 171.827

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NASCAR Results
Last Updated: Saturday, Oct 15, 2011 2:00 am, EDT

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 47/4 200 5 $70,650 Chart
2 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 43/1 200 26 $45,675 Chart
3 Trevor Bayne (16) Ford 41/0 200 0 $44,343 Chart
4 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 41/1 200 1 $34,168 Chart
5 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 39/0 200 0 $28,393 Chart
6 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 40/2 200 119 $22,050 Chart
7 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 37/0 200 0 $23,753 Chart
8 Paul Menard (33) Chevrolet 37/1 200 26 $24,470 Chart
9 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 36/1 200 22 $21,843 Chart
10 Brian Vickers (32) Chevrolet 34/0 200 0 $15,350 Chart
11 Jason Leffler (30) Chevrolet 33/0 200 0 $19,793 Chart
12 Sam Hornish Jr. (12) Dodge 32/0 200 0 $19,243 Chart
13 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 31/0 200 0 $18,643 Chart
14 Josh Wise (7) Chevrolet 30/0 200 0 $21,118 Chart
15 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 29/0 200 0 $18,868 Chart
16 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 28/0 200 0 $18,293 Chart
17 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 27/0 200 0 $17,618 Chart
18 Blake Koch (81) Chevrolet 26/0 200 0 $19,918 Chart
19 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 25/0 200 0 $10,875 Chart
20 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 24/0 199 0 $18,568 Chart
21 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 24/1 199 1 $16,943 Chart
22 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 22/0 199 0 $16,843 Chart
23 T.J. Bell (150) Chevrolet 21/0 198 0 $10,675 Chart
24 Derrike Cope (28) Chevrolet 20/0 198 0 $16,643 Chart
25 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 19/0 197 0 $16,693 Chart
26 Joey Gase (39) Ford 18/0 197 0 $16,943 Chart
27 Kevin Lepage (52) Chevrolet 17/0 193 0 $16,743 Chart
28 Kasey Kahne (38) Chevrolet 16/0 181 0 $9,775 Chart
29 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 15/0 171 0 $16,193 Chart
30 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Chevrolet 14/0 166 0 $16,443 Chart
31 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 13/0 157 0 $16,088 Chart
32 Reed Sorenson (182) Dodge 12/0 144 0 $9,535 Chart
33 Charles Lewandoski (40) Chevrolet 11/0 133 0 $15,943 Chart
34 Ryan Truex (99) Toyota 0/0 126 0 $9,440 Chart
35 Angela Cope (70) Chevrolet 9/0 125 0 $15,878 Chart
36 Kevin Conway (87) Toyota 8/0 76 0 $9,375 Chart
37 Joe Nemechek (97) Toyota 7/0 25 0 $9,340 Chart
38 Tim Andrews (104) Ford 6/0 22 0 $9,260 Chart
39 Scott Riggs (103) Chevrolet 5/0 18 0 $9,220 Chart
40 Johnny Chapman (141) Chevrolet 4/0 12 0 $9,190 Chart
41 Scott Speed (147) Chevrolet 3/0 6 0 $9,160 Chart
42 Erik Darnell (142) Chevrolet 2/0 4 0 $9,110 Chart
43 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 1/0 3 0 $9,060 Chart

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Final Nationwide Quotes - Charlotte 2
October 14, 2011 , CONCORD, N.C. - Friday, Oct. 14, 2011

Dodge Final Race Quotes
Dodge Motorsports PR
NASCAR Nationwide Series
Charlotte Motor Speedway

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished Sixth
“It wasn’t meant to be today. The Discount Dodge Challenger was fast. We had a shot at winning today and just ran over something while leading and cut down a right-rear tire. I was still able to get up to sixth on those last restarts from 13th which I guess was okay. Honestly, I felt like if I had a couple more cracks at it, I could have got back up to the lead. Just wrong place, wrong time. One of those days.”

DO YOU THINK IF YOU HAD ANOTHER RESTART OR TWO YOU COULD HAVE HAD A SHOT TO WIN THE RACE? “Absolutely. I definitely felt like we had a shot at it even if we could have got the cautions to fall our way there at the end. It just wasn’t meant to be.”

DID YOU FEEL SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT WITH THAT SET OF TIRES? “No, it just came all at once.”

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE NIGHT? “We had an amazing Dodge Challenger again and the racing gods just didn’t smile on us for sure. Just one of those deals where we ran over something and cut down a right rear tire. We needed more laps. I think we could have recovered and still won the race, but when it happened there just wasn’t enough laps left. Each restart we kept moving forward and moving forward and still felt like we could have recovered from it, but it just wasn’t meant to be.”

TODD GORDON (Crew Chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T)
AS WELL AS YOU RAN TONIGHT, ARE YOU MORE FRUSTRATED AT THE OUTCOME OR ARE YOUR MORE PROUD BECAUSE YOU KEEP BRINGING EXCELLENT CARS TO THE TRACK? “You know the racing gods are with you some days and they aren’t other days. As I said to a few of the guys, it’s why you don’t apologize for situations like ORP where we had a fourth-place car and won. I felt like we had the best car tonight and circumstances didn’t line up for the Discount Tire Dodge.”

DID YOU JUST RUN OVER SOMETHING ON THE TRACK? “Yeah, it was definitely a solid puncture in the center of the tread. I think we just ran over a piece of debris.”

CAN YOU TAKE SOME MOMENTUM FROM TONIGHT’S RACE? “Well, I think Texas drives a lot like this place does with similar banking and stuff like that. As we’ve been doing right along from Kentucky to Chicago to Kansas to here, we continue to build off the package and evolve it. We’ll take a lot of what we did tonight and apply it towards Texas and look for a good run there.”

YOU ARE NOT RACING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT YOU STILL BRING STRONG CARS TO THE TRACK EVERY WEEK. YOU MUST BE PROUD OF THE OVERALL EFFORT. “It’s a statement of what Penske Racing is all about. I think that comes from Roger (Penske, Founder and Chairman, Penske Corporation) to start with. He’s an ultimate competitor and I think everybody here is. It’s all about winning the next race.”

SAM HORNISH JR. (No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished 12th
“That last restart, we went from 14th to sixth on the restart and then lost six spots in the next four laps. I don’t know what our deal was. The car wouldn’t turn and as soon as I would get back in the throttle, I couldn’t keep the backend under me. All-in-all, from the mid-point of the race, I guess we should be happy with the 12th. With the job I thought I did on restarts in getting us track position, it’s just disappointing that we couldn’t keep our spots. We’ve got to be better. We’ve got to run more weekends and not have so many off weekends where we get behind. This is the first time we’ve run a night race since July; that was on concrete. It’s just tough for us to get our notebook down where we need it to be, but all-in-all, we finished 12th with our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge. That’s probably a little better than where we should have been. You just have to make the most out of it some days.”

YOU WILL BE COMPETING IN THE FINAL THREE NATIONWIDE RACES THIS YEAR; IS THAT THE PLUS YOU FEEL THE ALLIANCE TRUCK PARTS TEAM NEEDS? “Yes, we get to run the last three races so hopefully that will mean good things for us, we’ll make good decisions and get our cars better. I’m looking forward to running a couple of weekends in a row and get some momentum going.”

CHAD WALTER (Crew Chief, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger)
“We just missed it tonight. The Alliance Truck Parts Dodge is not normally this far off; we usually have Sam in the ballgame right off. We were just losing too much time on track, tried to gamble a little bit and short pit. For whatever reason, I never seem to make that work out. It was a tough night. We spent the better part of 100 laps trying to get back on the lead lap after we pitted under green and the caution came out before the cycle ended. We caught our break and got back on the lead lap. Sam had a heck of a restart with five laps to go, but didn’t have the car to compete tonight. We have to go home and figure out what happened here.

LOOKING FORWARD TO RUNNING THE FINAL THREE RACES? “Absolutely. We feel really good about that. We hope to develop some kind of rhythm and communications and build momentum to open up with in 2012.”

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NASCAR TRUCK Qualifying
Last Updated: Saturday, Oct 15, 2011 6:49 pm, EDT
Smith's 350
Final Las Vegas Motor Speedway

1 Ron Hornaday Jr. (2) Chevrolet 176.056

2 Austin Dillon (3) Chevrolet 175.793
3 Parker Kligerman (29) Dodge 175.541
4 Johnny Sauter (13) Chevrolet 175.393
5 Matt Crafton (88) Chevrolet 175.234
6 James Buescher (31) Chevrolet 175.228
7 Nelson Piquet Jr. (8) Chevrolet 175.114
8 Brian Ickler (18) Toyota 174.893
9 Ricky Carmichael (4) Chevrolet 174.882
10 Miguel Paludo (7) Toyota 174.622
11 Timothy Peters (17) Toyota 174.424
12 Cole Whitt (60) Chevrolet 174.222
13 Todd Bodine (5) Toyota 174.154
14 Justin Lofton (6) Chevrolet 174.048
15 Max Papis (9) Toyota 173.997
16 David Starr (81) Toyota 173.829
17 Cale Gale (33) Chevrolet 173.756
18 Joey Coulter (22) Chevrolet 173.500
19 Blake Feese (32) Chevrolet 173.388
20 David Mayhew (119) Chevrolet 173.060
21 Brendan Gaughan (62) Toyota 172.282
22 Ryan Sieg (39) Chevrolet 171.816
23 Jason White (23) Chevrolet 170.611
24 B.J. McLeod (93) Chevrolet 170.584
25 Brent Raymer (73) Chevrolet 169.710
26 Jennifer Jo Cobb (10) Dodge 168.004
27 Chris Jones (127) Chevrolet 167.910
28 Butch Miller (07) Toyota 167.033
29 Mike Garvey (138) Chevrolet 165.431
30 Lance Fenton (165) Chevrolet 165.047
31 Wayne Edwards (0) Ford 161.098
32 Max Gresham (66) Chevrolet 160.309
33 Norm Benning (57) Chevrolet 157.095
34 John Borneman III (175) Chevrolet 153.118

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NASCAR TRUCK Results
Last Updated: Saturday, Oct 15, 2011 6:49 pm, EDT
Smith's 350

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings

1 Ron Hornaday Jr. (2) Chevrolet 48/5 146 107 $38,375
2 Matt Crafton (88) Chevrolet 42/0 146 0 $25,350
3 Timothy Peters (17) Toyota 42/1 146 4 $20,700
4 Johnny Sauter (13) Chevrolet 41/1 146 25 $18,500
5 Todd Bodine (5) Toyota 40/1 146 4 $16,225
6 Nelson Piquet Jr. (8) Chevrolet 38/0 146 0 $13,250
7 David Mayhew (119) Chevrolet 37/0 146 0 $9,500
8 Cole Whitt (60) Chevrolet 36/0 146 0 $11,825
9 Brendan Gaughan (62) Toyota 35/0 146 0 $11,475
10 Parker Kligerman (29) Dodge 34/0 145 0 $12,750
11 Ryan Sieg (39) Chevrolet 33/0 145 0 $13,475
12 Ricky Carmichael (4) Chevrolet 32/0 144 0 $11,250
13 Blake Feese (32) Chevrolet 31/0 141 0 $11,200
14 Jason White (23) Chevrolet 30/0 138 0 $11,150
15 Norm Benning (57) Chevrolet 29/0 136 0 $12,850
16 David Starr (81) Toyota 29/1 134 6 $11,400
17 Austin Dillon (3) Chevrolet 27/0 131 0 $10,800
18 Jennifer Jo Cobb (10) Dodge 26/0 130 0 $8,425
19 Justin Lofton (6) Chevrolet 25/0 122 0 $10,575
20 Cale Gale (33) Chevrolet 24/0 120 0 $11,250
21 James Buescher (31) Chevrolet 23/0 106 0 $9,125
22 Joey Coulter (22) Chevrolet 22/0 88 0 $9,025
23 B.J. McLeod (93) Chevrolet 21/0 68 0 $7,925
24 Butch Miller (07) Toyota 20/0 51 0 $7,825
25 Max Gresham (66) Chevrolet 19/0 40 0 $7,950
26 Brent Raymer (73) Chevrolet 18/0 40 0 $7,775
27 Miguel Paludo (7) Toyota 17/0 29 0 $7,725
28 Brian Ickler (18) Toyota 16/0 29 0 $8,050
29 Max Papis (9) Toyota 15/0 26 0 $7,675
30 Mike Garvey (138) Chevrolet 14/0 8 0 $8,150
31 Wayne Edwards (0) Ford 13/0 8 0 $7,625
32 Lance Fenton (165) Chevrolet 12/0 7 0 $7,600
33 Chris Jones (127) Chevrolet 11/0 6 0 $7,575
34 John Borneman III (175) Chevrolet 10/0 1 0 $7,555

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hornaday wins second straight trucks race

LAS VEGAS (AP)—The afternoon heat and high speeds at Las Vegas Motor Speedway had trucks slipping and sliding all over—into the wall, into each other, eventually into the pits.

For a veteran driver like Ron Hornaday Jr., this was a perfect setup to turn back all those flat-out-all-the-time youngsters he’s been chasing all season.

Using his veteran savvy and pit strategy to outlast less-experienced drivers, Hornaday waded through a crash-filled Truck Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday for his second straight victory and record-extending 51st overall.

“There’s some teams out there with more horsepower, but they’re not going to outguess us or outthink us in the pit strategy,” Hornaday said. “I tell you, I didn’t feel it being slick other than (a) 15-lap run.”

The 1.5-mile oval LVMS has always been a fast track with wide passing lanes.

With temperatures in the 90s and the afternoon sun shining down on the asphalt, it also became a version of an auto racing slip-n-slide. The 146-lap race featured 10 cautions, including a four-car pileup on Lap 31 that brought out the red flag.

The cars kept slipping and Hornaday kept driving to the front, backing up his win at Kentucky two weeks ago to match the 51 victories Kyle Busch has as the career leader in the Nationwide Series. Richard Petty is the king of Cup victories with 200, which may be a little out of reach for the 53-year-old Hornaday at this point.

Still, between his run and the early-race crashes by points leaders Austin Dillon and James Buescher, Hornaday climbed back in the season race, moving within 21 points of the lead with four races left.

“Woo-hoo! I won Vegas!” Hornaday said, raising his arms as he walked into the media center after his fourth victory of the season. “A dream come true. This is fun.”

A four-time series champion, Hornaday is driving toward another title with an uncertain future. He was left without a ride next season after owner Kevin Harvick sold controlling interest in his trucks program to Eddie Sharp.

Hornaday made a statement with his win at Kentucky and used his veteran savvy to stay on a slippery track on Saturday, pulling away after each caution to hold off Matt Crafton and Timothy Peters to take the checkers at Las Vegas for the first time.

“We may have a conversation with him next week,” Bruce Cook, Hornaday’s crew chief, said of talking to the owners about continuing the team. “Watch out for him (Hornaday) over the next few weeks.”

Dillon, who led Buescher by three points heading into the race, had trouble right off the bat.

The 19-year-old spun out coming around Turn 4 on the third lap and slammed into the wall twice. He spent the rest of the afternoon running back and forth between the pits, garage and track, trying to find a way to keep running and stay in the points lead.

Dillon managed to do that—despite finishing 17th, 15 laps down. He leads Johnny Sauter by five points.

“We’re still in the points lead?” Dillon said. “It’s hard to believe, but we’ll take it.”

Buescher went out after a Lap 28 accident with Blake Feese. He managed to stay in the race, but finished 21st, 40 laps down and is third in the standings, seven points back.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NASCAR Results
Last Updated: Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 12:26 am, EDT
Bank of America 500

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 47/4 334 46 $284,436 Chart
2 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 44/2 334 111 $234,766 Chart
3 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 42/1 334 1 $188,091 Chart
4 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 40/0 334 0 $149,633 Chart
5 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 39/0 334 0 $151,466 Chart
6 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 38/0 334 0 $156,186 Chart
7 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 37/0 334 0 $132,686 Chart
8 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 37/1 334 94 $160,608 Chart
9 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 35/0 334 0 $129,100 Chart
10 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 35/1 334 6 $123,300 Chart
11 David Ragan (6) Ford 34/1 334 1 $90,225 Chart
12 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 32/0 334 0 $87,300 Chart
13 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 31/0 334 0 $119,625 Chart
14 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 31/1 334 2 $112,633 Chart
15 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 30/1 334 68 $96,125 Chart
16 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 28/0 333 0 $97,908 Chart
17 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 27/0 333 0 $81,350 Chart
18 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 26/0 333 0 $81,100 Chart
19 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 25/0 333 0 $79,600 Chart
20 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 24/0 333 0 $98,414 Chart
21 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 23/0 333 0 $108,211 Chart
22 J.J. Yeley (38) Ford 23/1 333 4 $87,683 Chart
23 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 21/0 332 0 $78,900 Chart
24 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 20/0 332 0 $110,558 Chart
25 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 19/0 332 0 $95,720 Chart
26 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 18/0 332 0 $96,983 Chart
27 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 17/0 332 0 $104,889 Chart
28 Landon Cassill (51) Chevrolet 16/0 332 0 $81,208 Chart
29 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 15/0 331 0 $94,670 Chart
30 Mike Bliss (32) Ford 14/0 331 0 $78,647 Chart
31 Trevor Bayne (21) Ford 13/0 329 0 $65,200 Chart
32 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 12/0 323 0 $64,675 Chart
33 Hermie Sadler (71) Ford 11/0 322 0 $73,500 Chart
34 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 11/1 316 1 $118,761 Chart
35 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 9/0 292 0 $64,275 Chart
36 David Gilliland (34) Ford 8/0 289 0 $64,100 Chart
37 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 7/0 287 0 $71,975 Chart
38 Robby Gordon (7) Dodge 6/0 33 0 $63,850 Chart
39 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 5/0 30 0 $63,725 Chart
40 Travis Kvapil (55) Ford 4/0 27 0 $63,600 Chart
41 David Stremme (30) Chevrolet 3/0 22 0 $63,450 Chart
42 Andy Lally (277) Ford 0/0 20 0 $64,825 Chart
43 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 1/0 11 0 $63,713 Chart

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
1 Participant
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing