9/6/97 Sprint Cup Race Dale Jarrett 109.00
5/15/04 Sprint Cup Qualifying Brian Vickers 129.983
9/11/09 Nationwide Race Carl Edwards 101.00
5/14/04 Nationwide Qualifying Kyle Busch 129.348
9/4/03 Camping World Truck Race Tony Stewart 91.00
9/8/05 Camping World Truck Qualifying David Starr 126.648

Nationwide
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

9/10/10 Virginia 529 College Savings 250 Kevin Harvick Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $1,201,859
4/30/10 BUBBA burger 250 Kyle Busch Brad Keselowski Dodge $1,187,017
9/11/09 Virginia 529 College Savings 250 Denny Hamlin Carl Edwards Ford $1,154,651
5/1/09 Lipton Tea 250 Matt Kenseth Kyle Busch Toyota $1,140,516
9/7/08 Emerson Radio 250 Joey Logano Carl Edwards Ford $1,159,182
5/2/08 Lipton Tea 250 Kasey Kahne Denny Hamlin Toyota $1,145,047
9/7/07 Emerson Radio 250 Kyle Busch Kyle Busch Chevrolet $1,123,290
5/4/07 Circuit City 250 Denny Hamlin Clint Bowyer Chevrolet $1,109,432

Race Capsule

What: Race 9 of 36 on Sprint Cup circuit

Where: Richmond International Raceway, Richmond, VA

When: April 30, 2011 7:44 pm EDT

Laps: 400

Track Length: 0.75 miles

Race Length: 300.00 miles

Records
Date Series Driver Speed

9/6/97 Sprint Cup Race Dale Jarrett 109.00
5/15/04 Sprint Cup Qualifying Brian Vickers 129.983
9/11/09 Nationwide Race Carl Edwards 101.00
5/14/04 Nationwide Qualifying Kyle Busch 129.348
9/4/03 Camping World Truck Race Tony Stewart 91.00
9/8/05 Camping World Truck Qualifying David Starr 126.648

Most Cup Wins (since 1975)

Darrell Waltrip: 6
Rusty Wallace: 6

Sprint Cup Nationwide Camping World Truck
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

5/1/10 Crown Royal Presents The Heath Calhoun 400 Kyle Busch Kyle Busch Toyota $5,034,763
9/11/10 Air Guard 400 Carl Edwards Denny Hamlin Toyota $5,052,458
5/2/09 Crown Royal Presents the Russ Friedman 400 Brian Vickers Kyle Busch Toyota $5,176,906
9/12/09 Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Mark Martin Denny Hamlin Toyota $5,196,568
5/3/08 Crown Royal Presents the Dan Lowry 400 Denny Hamlin Clint Bowyer Chevrolet $5,137,427
9/7/08 Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Kyle Busch Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $5,157,089
5/6/07 Crown Royal Presents the Jim Stewart 400 Jeff Gordon Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $5,032,994
9/8/07 Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Jimmie Johnson Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $5,057,510

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Advance - Richmond

April 26, 2011 , RICHMOND, Va. - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes
NSCS Race Advance
Crown Royal Presents the Matthew and Daniel Hansen 400
Richmond International Raceway
Saturday, April 30, 2011

DODGE AT RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

· Dodge has 17 Sprint Cup wins at Richmond including three since the manufacturer returned to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001.

· Lee Petty drove a Dodge to victory in the first NASCAR race at Richmond in1953, a 200-lap event on what was then a .5-mile dirt track.

· Dodge winners in addition to Petty include Buck Baker, David Pearson, Cotton Owens, Bobby Allison, Richard Petty, Dave Marcis, Neil Bonnett, Ryan Newman, Jeremy Mayfield and Kasey Kahne.

· Kurt Busch won the fall event in 2005 prior to joining the Penske Racing and the Dodge family. He was runner-up at the fall event in 2009.

DODGE NEWS AND NOTES

· Brad Keselowski has never started outside of the top 10 in three-career Sprint Cup starts at RIR.

· Dodge’s last start from the pole at RIR came at the spring event in 2005. Kasey Kahne started from the pole and led 242 of 400 laps en route to the win, his first in Sprint Cup competition.

· Kurt Busch’s last Cup Series win was at the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte last May (31races).

THE DODGE BOYS

· Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.

· Dodge’s most recent win came at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch led 252 of 400 laps en route to victory in the 2010 Coca-Cola 600.

· Dodge claimed two Sprint Cup victories in 2010.

· Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.

· Dodge has posted wins each season since its return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).

INSIDE THE NUMBERS

· In Kurt Busch’s 2004 championship season, his average finishing position was 12.5. Through the first eight races in 2011, Busch’s average finishing position is 11.2.

2011 SPRINT CUP SERIES SEASON BEST

· Kurt Busch Start: 2nd – Phoenix
Finish: 5th – Daytona

· Brad Keselowski Start: 9th – Phoenix
Finish: 15th – Phoenix

· Robby Gordon Start: 30th – Daytona
Finish: 16th – Daytona

RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY BEST

· Kurt Busch Start – Fourth – 2005 (spring)
Finish – Win – 2005 (fall)

· Brad Keselowski Start – Sixth – 2010 (spring)
Finish – 14th – 2010 (spring)

· Robby Gordon Start – Fourth – 1997 (spring)
Finish – Fourth – 2003 (spring)

FROM THE ENGINEER
“Is Richmond Int’l Raceway a short speedway or a fast short track? That's the perennial question engineers have to ponder when the Sprint Cup Series visits RIR twice a year. The speedway’s long frontstretch lures drivers into a flat and tight first corner faster than the chassis is able to handle and that’s when the short-track brakes you need take over. Get through that corner, negotiate the narrow backstretch, and start the cycle again. Every lap here, you need great speed. Every lap here, you need great brakes. Every lap here, you need great handling. And by the way, you need all three for the entire 400 laps."
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

FAST FIVE!
• The Dodge brand has teamed with Universal Pictures and Robby Gordon Motorsports for a multi-tiered partnership supporting the upcoming action-thriller “Fast Five” that will be released in theaters on April 29. Robby Gordon’s No. 7 Dodge Charger R/T has carried the “Fast Five” paint scheme throughout the month of April and will be on the track at Richmond International Raceway this weekend. Fans have also had the opportunity to register for one of five custom “Fast Five” 2011 Dodge Charger R/T models that will be given away. As part of the partnership with Robby Gordon Motorsports, 200 fans will enjoy a special “Fast Five” movie viewing with Robby Gordon on Saturday, April 30, at Movieland at Boulevard Square in Richmond and four lucky fans will be chosen as VIP guests of Robby Gordon Motorsports for Saturday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at RIR. Actor/singer Tyrese Gibson, who plays the role of Roman Pierce in “Fast Five”, is scheduled to visit RIR on Saturday. The No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge Charger will be competing in Saturday night’s Crown Royal presents the Matthew & David Hansen 400. To enter, consumers may visit www.Dodge.com/FastFive to receive a sweepstakes entry by completing the registration form and answering a Dodge Charger trivia question. Consumers may enter up to one time per day throughout the duration of the sweepstakes. Entrants may earn an additional sweepstakes entry by Tweeting the Dodge brand promotional message and sweepstakes link to their Twitter followers. The sweepstakes runs through Sunday, April 30.

DODGE QUOTES
“The thing about racing at Richmond is that it seems like the best cars always come out on top. You have to come in there thinking that the yellow flag will prevail like it normally does and we’ll have some restarts at the end of the race. We usually have a period of long green-flag racing in the middle portion of the race, too. With that in mind, we hope to have our Shell-Pennzoil Dodge capable of running solid during that stretch and still be adjustable enough to be able to really get after it in a short sprint to the finish if it comes down to that and it usually does.”
Kurt Busch, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

"Richmond is a track I love going to; I really like racing under the lights. The finale of the Fast Five promotion with Dodge and Universal is winding up at RIR and we've got a lot of fun things planned for the weekend. I'd like to put the Fast Five Dodge Charger up front in qualifying and get a good finish for Dodge, our VIP guests and fans."
Robby Gordon, No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge R/T

“I feel really good about our Penske program on the short-track side. I think our cars have shown some speed. We haven’t gotten the finishes that we’d like, but we’re doing the right things. We were strong at Bristol and got caught up early in a wreck. We were strong at Martinsville and just didn’t quite put the whole race together. I feel like if we put an entire race together not only can we run well, we have an opportunity to win at Richmond.”
Brad Keselowski, No 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T

DODGE MOTORSPORTS QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“We’ve been finishing the laps and that’s been crucial in keeping us up there in the points,” said Busch, who was ninth in points at this time last year with one win, three top-five finishes and four top-10s. “But our Shell-Pennzoil Dodge Team is smart enough to know that just finishing the laps won’t be enough on down the road. We have to take the finishing the laps and scoring top-10s and bump it up to the next level. If we’re gonna be in serious contention come September, we have to start threatening for wins and finishing in the top-five.”
Kurt Busch, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sam Hornish Jr No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger Preview-Bubba Burger 250
Published on April 26, 2011 by Official Release · No Comments

SAM HORNISH, JR.

No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger

Richmond International Raceway – Bubba Burger 250

April 29, 2011

No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Team News and Notes

. Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger, will make his fourth start of the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Friday night in the Bubba Burger 250 at Richmond International Raceway.

. Hornish has made a total of 23 Nationwide Series starts since 2006. The former IndyCar Series champion has produced seven top-15 NNS results during that span. He has also captured one top-five, three top-10 and nine top-15 starting positions while competing in a limited NNS schedule over the last five plus years.

. This weekend marks the fourth outing for Hornish and crew chief Chad Walter, who will call the shots for the No. 12 Dodge Team during Friday night’s race. Walter served as the crew chief on the No. 12 Penske Racing Nationwide Series team in the past and helped guide driver Justin Allgaier to a top-six championship finishes in each of the last two seasons.

. Hornish heads to Richmond with momentum after finishing 13th in the NNS race at Talladega Superspeedway on April 16.

. This will be Hornish’s third NNS race at Richmond International Raceway and his ninth NASCAR start at this track overall. Hornish last ran a NNS race at Richmond in the spring of 2008 and finished 15th.

. Hornish will visit injured soldiers at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VAMC in Richmond, Va. on Thursday, April 28.

Sam Hornish Jr. comments on this weekend’s Bubba Burger 250

“I couldn’t be more excited for this weekend’s race at Richmond. It’s one of my favorite tracks and I have had a lot of success here, both in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the IndyCar Series, so I was thrilled when I saw I would get the opportunity to race here again in the Nationwide Series. The last time I ran a PPG-sponsored Dodge was at Pocono a few years ago and we came home fourth, which has been the best NASCAR finish of my career. I am hoping that the momentum and luck can carry over to this weekend for the No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger.”

Crew Chief Chad Walter comments on this weekend’s race at Richmond

“I love Richmond. It is hands-down my favorite track that we will go to this season. As a crew chief, it is very challenging so I can only imagine the challenges that it brings to a driver. It doesn’t get much better than racing on a Friday night at Richmond. Our No.12 Olympic Paints Dodge looks awesome and I can’t wait to see it under the lights. The fans here are always passionate about their short track racing and we

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Advance - Richmond

April 27, 2011 , RICHMOND, Va. - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes
NASCAR Nationwide Series Race Advance
Bubba Burger 250
Friday, April 29, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Ruby Tuesday/Discount Tire Dodge Challenger

Career Starts: 147

Wins: 12

Top Fives: 63

Top 10s: 88

Poles: 8

Career Highlights:

· Won last year’s spring event at RIR, leading 189 of the 252 laps en route to his second-consecutive series victory.

· The defending NASCAR Nationwide Series champion.

· Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR champion last season.

· Set career-best results in 2010 in wins (6), top fives (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).

· Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway.

· First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).

SAM HORNISH

- No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Starts: 23

Wins: 0

Top Fives: 0

Top 10s: 0

Poles: 0

Career Highlights:

· Fourth Nationwide start of the season (Daytona, Texas and Talladega).

· Best-career Nationwide finish at Richmond – 15th in 2008 spring event.

· Made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut with Penske Racing at Phoenix Int’l Raceway in the fall of 2006.

DID YOU KNOW

· Brad Keselowski’s last Nationwide win came at Gateway in October (10 races). His last pole came at Michigan in August (19 races).

· Sam Hornish is making his third Nationwide start at RIR. His last start was in the spring event in 2008.

· In his last four Nationwide starts at the .75-mile track, Brad Keselowski has an average finish of 2.7.

· Friday night’s Nationwide race will be the 55th at RIR. Eleven have been won from the pole, 17 from the front row.

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES

“I feel as though I have a good understanding of what I need to run well at Richmond and that makes it easy to communicate that to my crew chief and team. As a result, we’ve been able to put together some good finishes at Richmond. To me, it’s the ultimate short track. There is a reason that most drivers put it right at the top of their list of favorite tracks. (It’s) night racing, under the lights, which is similar to what most of us grew up doing. You can run side-by-side and rub fenders and do all of the things that the fans want to see. It’s just an exciting race track and I feel like we can put the Ruby Tuesday/Discount Tire Dodge in Victory Lane this weekend.”

Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Ruby Tuesday/Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
(In 28 short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has four wins along with 12 top-five and 17 top-10 finishes).

“I couldn’t be more excited for this weekend’s race at Richmond. It’s one of my favorite tracks and I have had a lot of success here, both in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the IndyCar Series, so I was thrilled when I saw I would get the opportunity to race here again in the Nationwide Series. The last time I ran a PPG-sponsored Dodge was at Pocono a few years ago and we came home fourth, which has been the best NASCAR finish of my career. I am hoping that the momentum and luck can carry over to this weekend for the No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger.”

Sam Hornish Jr.
No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger R/T

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NASCAR Nationwide Series: Entry List for Bubba Burger 250 at Richmond

CAR DRIVER MAKE SPONSOR

1 Mike Wallace Chevrolet G&K Services
2 Elliott Sadler Chevrolet OneMain Financial
6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Ford As Seen On TV Easy Feet
7 Josh Wise Chevrolet JR Motorsports
9 Kenny Wallace Toyota American Ethanol
11 Brian Scott Toyota Shore Lodge
12 Sam Hornish Jr. Dodge PPG
14 Eric McClure Chevrolet Hefty BlackOut / Reynolds
15 Timmy Hill* Ford Rick Ware Racing
16 Trevor Bayne Ford Roush Fenway Racing
18 Kelly Bires Toyota Heil Heating & Cooling Products
19 Mike Bliss Chevrolet TriStar Motorsports
20 Denny Hamlin Toyota Sport Clips
22 Brad Keselowski Dodge Discount Tire / Ruby Tuesday
23 Robert Richardson Jr. Dodge Wildlife Conservation Society
28 Derrike Cope Chevrolet Pouch Tech Inc.
30 James Buescher Chevrolet ABF Freight
31 Justin Allgaier Chevrolet Turner Motorsports
32 Reed Sorenson Chevrolet Dollar General
33 Paul Menard Chevrolet Rheem / Menards
38 Jason Leffler Chevrolet Great Clips
39 Charles Lewandoski* Ford Go Green Racing
40 Scott Wimmer Chevrolet Key Motorsports
44 Jeff Green Chevrolet TriStar Motorsports
49 Dennis Setzer Dodge Jay Robinson Inc.
51 Jeremy Clements Chevrolet Co-ops USA.com
52 Tim Schendel Chevrolet Means Racing
60 Carl Edwards Ford Fastenal
62 Michael Annett Toyota Oakley
66 Steve Wallace Toyota 5-Hour Energy
70 Shelby Howard Chevrolet Foretravel Motorcoach
79 Tim Andrews Ford 2nd Chance Motorsports
81 Blake Koch* Dodge Daystar.com
87 Joe Nemechek Toyota NEMCO Motorsports
88 Aric Almirola Chevrolet Hellmann's
89 Morgan Shepherd Chevrolet Victory In Jesus
99 Ryan Truex* Toyota Pastrana Waltrip Racing
113 Jennifer Jo Cobb* Ford DriverBoutique.com
141 Carl Long Ford Rick Ware Racing
168 Matthew Carter Chevrolet Rick Ware Racing
174 Mike Harmon Chevrolet Riverwalk Cafe
175 Johnny Chapman Ford Rick Ware Racing

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - Richmond

RICHMOND, Va. - Friday, April 29, 2011

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T)

YOU HAVE A NEW CHASSIS THIS WEEKEND, HOW CHALLENGING IS THAT FOR A DRIVER? “We just have to continue to grow as a team and try new things. Whether it’s a small change like a spring or a sway bar or if it’s a big thing like a chassis design, we’re trying what we can to make our Dodges better. We know that that Fords are showing strength this year. They’ve definitely upped their game. The Hendrick guys are always tough; of course the Gibbs guys are running (well). RCR is very strong. We’re right in that mix, but we just need to find that edge, that little edge that’s going to get us on top to where we can run up front, lead laps and win races. New chassis designs come along and we just have to commit to them, go with it and see if we can make it the best effort we can when we do that.

“It’s chassis design; it’s the structural design so to speak. They take these cars to different rigs and twist them, turn them and pull them. We try to find the right combination to utilize the tires that we’re given and maintain the tire integrity and not burn the tires off too soon. I’ve noticed that our Penske cars seem to qualify well; we just seem to struggle halfway through the race with making good adjustments or finding that grip. It can be something simple as the chassis too stiff or too soft, so we’re trying new things.”

WHAT IS THE AREA MOST NEEDED TO IMPROVE YOUR CAR? “There are different areas all over the place that you always have to continue to look at and evaluate. If we don’t have an “A” or an “A-plus” in that category, we need to work on it. I would say with where we are in our chassis design and our front end, the ability to get our front end to turn is where we’re struggling the most. Whether it’s at a big track like Texas or a small track like Martinsville, we seem to have some common themes with getting the front end to turn and that’s what we’re fighting. That’s what we’re trying to do. Chassis design is one of the areas where we’re reaching out and trying to find something new.

“We’re looking for new things. With the way that Brad Keselowski ran in his Nationwide car last year, we’re trying to bridge over some of that success from that front end design into our Cup car. It’s just really different to do that because we’re on bump stops with the Cup car whereas you’re on springs over on the Nationwide tour. We’re trying to figure it out. We’re a competitive team, but you always have to keep looking for that edge. It’s an area where if you just don’t think that you have an “A-plus”, then you have to change it to be that “A”. It could be the engine department, guys jumping over the wall. It could be different rear end camber issues; lots of things.”

ARE THE CHARLOTTE RACES STILL THE DATES TO IDENTIFY WHAT TEAMS WILL BE VYING FOR THE CHASE? “You can say that. That would be 10 races in (the season) and then there are only 16 more to go to see if you’re going to make the Chase or not. I’ve always looked at how it works to get through Talladega. Right now, you’re looking at your top 10. Guys who have wins are almost locked into the Chase. A guy like Kevin Harvick with two wins, I would say pencil him in. He’s good to go for the Chase because he has those two wins. The way that the points structure themselves now, you either have to be in the top 10 or have wins.

“There’s guys like McMurray, he’s have terrible luck. (It’s) the same with a guy like Denny Hamlin. (Juan Pablo) Montoya can win at a couple of road course races and work himself into the Chase. So with the way that the wins work now, you can be in a panic in 18th, 20th in points, but gamble on fuel and that’s what’s going to make our summer stretch exciting – to see what guys are going to go for those wins. If you do, you’ve got a shot at the championship just 10 weeks later.”

WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THE IMPROVEMENT IN YOU CAR THIS YEAR? HOW DO YOU KEEP YOU TEMPER IN CHECK AT A SMALL TRACK LIKE RICHMOND? “We find improvement all the time, especially these next few weeks with our testing schedule. We’re going to hit Indianapolis, Gresham Motorsports Park and Road Atlanta. We’ve got three tests in three weeks coming up. We’re just trying to move forward and not sit still. You always have to keep looking, whether it’s front end geometry, whether it’s a road course, getting that forward bite. You name it; we’re out there working hard for it.

“When you come to a short track, tempers are easier to flare at a short track compared to the big mile-and-a-halves. It’s Saturday night short-track racing. That’s what it’s all about. That’s what our sport is based off of. Guys who have conflicts with each other or (have) that genuine rivalry, these are great styles of tracks to let it rip and bang door-to-door and bumper-to-bumper.

“For us, we’ve just gained small things here and there. We just haven’t quite hit on any big categories. We could rank most of our equipment, personnel, everything in the “A” category. We have to get over that hump to make sure everything is an “A-plus”.

HAS YOUR EQUIPMENT CHANGED THAT MUCH FROM THE FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON? “I don’t feel like we’re lacking that much. I just think that it’s finding that edge. When you find success in this garage, it’s because you know that you have a distinct advantage with something. The Fords can say that it’s their motors right now or the way that they’ve changed their front end geometry. They struggled for two years. Now they have that edge. They’re the tough guys to beat each and every week. What I’m looking for in my car is that feel that creates that wider zone for being tight or being loose. I’m just on a razor’s edge. When you’re on that edge, you have to wheel the car, there’s no way around it. You have to pull the old Fred Flintstone, stick your feet out the bottom and carry that thing around. To have teammates like Keselowski who’s a young and eager kid trying to push hard and learn new things about these Cup cars because he has the success on the Nationwide, it takes a little bit of time. I’ve raced with guys like David Stremme at Penske (and guys) like Ryan Newman. And to be the lead guy and to outrun those guys each and every week, we know we have to get the equipment better. We just can’t say that Kurt’s doing good, we’re satisfied. We need to have the 2 car in the top 10 in points with us knocking on the door for wins each week. Right now, we’re just piecing together top-10 runs, but we want to be better.

“When I was over there (Roush Racing), Jack (Roush) would come in and throw anvils around. The way that Roger Penske does things is use a feather and just polishes things here and there. When you commit to go a certain route with five teams, either the other teams that are supported by Roush’s chassis and Ford, you commit to go a long way. At Penske, it’s little changes here and there. I don’t’ think that we’re going to find ourselves in a deep hole anywhere, it’s just that we’re tying to uncover small rocks one at a time.”

IS THERE ANY EXTRA EMPHASIS ON LEARNING HERE AT RICHMOND BECAUSE IT’S THE LAST RACE BEFORE THE CHASE? “Every track that is part of the Chase, those 10 races that are a part of the Chase and of course this one – make this the 11th one – are very important in the spring time. You have to learn and be on top of your game. This is a new left-side tire, a tire from Phoenix. It’s almost like every week we’re playing Russian roulette with the tires with what we’re going to get. This is a new left-side. We’ll see how it shakes out. We had a top-10 run at Phoenix. You’ll use some of those notes and to try and blend in for this race. It’s very important to get all the information that you can from the tracks in the spring that are part of the Chase tracks in the fall.”

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM THE INDY TIRE TEST? “We’ve struggled at Indy over the years. I finished 10th there last fall, but that was my first top-10 in a few years. With that diamond –surface, whatever they’ve done to that surface to change it around, I’ve struggled with. I’m looking forward for a competitive tire that shows durability.

“For our team, we need to go up there and help Goodyear pick the best tire that we possibly can so that it’s a good show, a durable tire, and we can all be proud for what we did for the tire test. At the same time, I hope to make a lot of laps. I hope that I’m worn out after those two days of just making laps and setups that will help us.”

DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU’RE A TOP-FIVE TEAM OR CLINGING TO A CHASE SPOT? “With one top-five finish, that’s not enough. With five top-10s out of eight races, that’s pretty good. Our worse finish is Talladega and that’s 18th. I was running second with five laps to go, it’s crazy how that track can go either way. We survived Talladega. We had a competitive car to win, that’s that tough part. And then there’s other days where we’ve finished sixth or seventh and we’ll go, ‘wow, we had a 15th-place car’. We just need more top-fives to our statistics and we’ll feel better about our program.”

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST DARLINGTON EXPERIENCE LIKE? “Darlington, what an amazing track. How fast it is in (turns) one and two and how slow it is in (turns) three and four. My first time there, I actually slopped my way into the pole. I slopped into the pole because it was a 95-degree day, Labor Day weekend back then, and the way that the heat was, I didn’t understand that you needed to slow down when it’s hot out. I thought that you could still hold it wide open through Turn 2 and I accidentally did and beat Jeff Gordon for the pole. My first time, qualifying, Turn 2 at Darlington was one of the most exhilarating experiences because I was able to hold it wide open through there when you weren’t supposed to. It’s a sense of being young and dumb and not realizing the exact reality of how fast you can go through a corner. The exhilaration when I jumped on the back straightaway of, ‘wow, I am going so fast. I’m heading into Turn 3 and I just need to slow it down and not overdrive (Turns) 3 and 4.’ What was funny is that Jeff Gordon and I talked and he said, ‘here, I let you lead the first lap because we need to get single-file.’ Just yield and Jeff said he’d go right on by me. Well, I led the first 67 laps and he didn’t expect that. It was just one of those unique weekends, being a rookie and not understanding a lot about the track and just kind of going off of gut instinct.”

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Friday, Apr 29, 2011
BUBBA burger 250

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 125.046
2 Sam Hornish Jr. (12) Dodge 124.844
3 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 124.786
4 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 124.390
5 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 124.355
6 Paul Menard (33) Chevrolet 124.349
7 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 124.184
8 Kelly Bires (18) Toyota 123.995
9 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 123.978
10 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 123.876
11 Denny Hamlin (20) Toyota 123.706
12 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 123.558
13 Joe Nemechek (87) Chevrolet 123.536
14 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 123.457
15 Reed Sorenson (32) Chevrolet 123.446
16 Jason Leffler (38) Chevrolet 122.945
17 Josh Wise (7) Chevrolet 122.761
18 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 122.688
19 David Stremme (70) Chevrolet 122.582
20 Ryan Truex (99) Toyota 121.995
21 Chris Buescher (16) Ford 121.990
22 Scott Wimmer (40) Chevrolet 121.979
23 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 121.567
24 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 121.408
25 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 121.403
26 Blake Koch (81) Dodge 121.169
27 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 121.125
28 Derrike Cope (28) Dodge 120.854
29 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Dodge 120.520
30 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 120.434
31 Charles Lewandoski (39) Ford 120.407
32 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 120.032
33 Tim Andrews (79) Ford 119.973
34 Matthew Carter (168) Chevrolet 119.713
35 Johnny Chapman (175) Ford 119.142
36 James Buescher (30) Chevrolet 118.985
37 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 118.431
38 Dennis Setzer (49) Chevrolet 118.146
39 Kevin Lepage (52) Chevrolet 116.868
40 Carl Long (141) Ford 116.807
41 Mike Harmon (174) Chevrolet 116.149

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Friday, Apr 29, 2011 11:19 pm, EDT
BUBBA burger 250

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Denny Hamlin (20) Toyota 48/5 251 199 $35,500 Chart
2 Paul Menard (33) Chevrolet 42/0 251 0 $27,250 Chart
3 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 41/0 251 0 $28,593 Chart
4 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 40/0 251 0 $25,843 Chart
5 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 39/0 251 0 $18,475 Chart
6 Josh Wise (7) Chevrolet 38/0 250 0 $23,343 Chart
7 Sam Hornish Jr. (12) Dodge 37/0 250 0 $15,860 Chart
8 Ryan Truex (99) Toyota 36/0 250 0 $22,738 Chart
9 David Stremme (70) Chevrolet 35/0 250 0 $16,725 Chart
10 Jason Leffler (38) Chevrolet 34/0 250 0 $22,268 Chart
11 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 33/0 250 0 $20,793 Chart
12 Reed Sorenson (32) Chevrolet 32/0 250 0 $20,693 Chart
13 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 31/0 250 0 $20,993 Chart
14 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 31/1 250 7 $20,993 Chart
15 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 29/0 249 0 $20,993 Chart
16 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 28/0 249 0 $20,393 Chart
17 Chris Buescher (16) Ford 27/0 249 0 $20,993 Chart
18 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 26/0 249 0 $20,843 Chart
19 Joe Nemechek (87) Chevrolet 25/0 248 0 $20,018 Chart
20 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Dodge 24/0 248 0 $16,625 Chart
21 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 24/1 248 2 $19,918 Chart
22 James Buescher (30) Chevrolet 22/0 247 0 $19,843 Chart
23 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 21/0 247 0 $20,168 Chart
24 Scott Wimmer (40) Chevrolet 20/0 247 0 $19,718 Chart
25 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 20/1 246 43 $17,100 Chart
26 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 18/0 246 0 $19,593 Chart
27 Blake Koch (81) Dodge 17/0 245 0 $19,943 Chart
28 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 16/0 244 0 $13,000 Chart
29 Derrike Cope (28) Dodge 15/0 243 0 $19,418 Chart
30 Kelly Bires (18) Toyota 14/0 243 0 $19,668 Chart
31 Charles Lewandoski (39) Ford 13/0 243 0 $19,313 Chart
32 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 12/0 243 0 $19,253 Chart
33 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 11/0 64 0 $19,218 Chart
34 Kevin Lepage (52) Chevrolet 10/0 54 0 $12,640 Chart
35 Carl Long (141) Ford 9/0 28 0 $12,610 Chart
36 Tim Andrews (79) Ford 8/0 22 0 $12,575 Chart
37 Mike Harmon (174) Chevrolet 7/0 11 0 $12,515 Chart
38 Dennis Setzer (49) Chevrolet 6/0 10 0 $12,460 Chart
39 Johnny Chapman (175) Ford 5/0 10 0 $12,420 Chart
40 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 4/0 6 0 $12,380 Chart
41 Matthew Carter (168) Chevrolet 3/0 6 0 $12,340 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Final - Richmond

April 29, 2011 , RICHMOND, Va. - Friday, April 29, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished Fifth
“A good night for this Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge. Who would ever think that a Nationwide Series would almost go green the entire race. We just didn’t have a long-run car tonight. The tires really fell off at about 30 laps or so and it’s kind of what we’ve been fighting all year. We pitted early, cycled thorough and we ended up back on the lead lap. I’m not sure how that worked out. I’m happy for my Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday team to get me back to that position. We somehow got a top-five out of the deal; I have no idea how. I’m going to have to go back and watch this race on TV. I feel a little bit lucky about getting a fifth-place finish. We just need to keep on working and getting our cars a little bit faster.”

YOU PRACTICED AND QUALIFIED IN THE SUN AND RAN IN THE COOL NIGHT AIR. WHAT DID YOU LEARN? “I learned a few things. I learned what we’ve fought all along on this Nationwide car that we need some more long-run speed. There were lots of long green-flag runs tonight and if your car wasn’t perfect, it was hard to run fast. With this sort of endurance racing, you need speed and we didn’t have that tonight. We need to figure that out and get our Dodges up front when it counts. A solid top-five finish for us and we’ll take it.”

SAM HORNISH JR. (No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished Seventh
“You see long green-flag runs sometimes in Cup races here, but very seldom do you see that in the Nationwide races. I thought we were going to have a pretty good finish if the yellow hadn’t come out, probably a top five. I came here wanting to get a top five out of it and got seventh. We struggled early on to get the car where we wanted it. I thought we were much better at the end. We just didn’t have what it took to get the top five. Getting the opportunity to run more, a couple times in the month, was good. We excited to be going to Charlotte and, hopefully, we’ll be able to get a little more out of it.”

CHAD WALTER (Crew Chief, No. 12 Olympic Paints Dodge Challenger R/T)
“It’s a pleasure to work with Sam and it’s a pleasure to work on these Dodge Challengers that Penske Racing puts together for us. We had an extremely strong car in qualifying and I think Sam is the best-kept secret for Richmond. We missed the initial setup just a little bit, got one tweak in it and we were really good, but had a loose wheel. We had to come and get tires and got behind in the sequence. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen two rounds of green-flag pit stops at Richmond. We’ll go back and reevaluate our strategy, make sure we’re not staying out too long, make sure we’re taking advantage of everything that’s going on at these races. Overall, we’re really happy with the crew and the driver did an excellent job, hung in there all night. I hated to see that last caution, because I think we were going to slip back into the top four the way we had it figured on fuel. All in all, a great night for Penske Racing and Dodge.”

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Friday, Apr 29, 2011 7:29 pm, EDT
Crown Royal Presents The Matthew & Daniel Hansen 400

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 128.639
2 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 128.382
3 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 128.272
4 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 128.150
5 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 128.053
6 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 128.011
7 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 128.011
8 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 128.005
9 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 127.980
10 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 127.956
11 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 127.780
12 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 127.660
13 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 127.473
14 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 127.473
15 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 127.455
16 David Stremme (30) Chevrolet 127.401
17 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 127.352
18 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 127.334
19 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 127.334
20 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 127.310
21 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 127.304
22 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 127.298
23 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 127.131
24 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 127.095
25 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 127.047
26 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 127.023
27 David Ragan (6) Ford 127.017
28 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 126.892
29 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 126.886
30 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 126.880
31 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 126.713
32 Mike Skinner (60) Toyota 126.582
33 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 126.393
34 Landon Cassill (09) Chevrolet 126.351
35 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 126.269
36 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 126.210
37 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 126.186
38 Ken Schrader (32) Ford 126.139
39 David Gilliland (34) Ford 125.915
40 J.J. Yeley (46) Chevrolet 125.488
41 Andy Lally (71) Ford 124.832
42 Robby Gordon (7) Dodge 123.592
43 Tony Raines (37) Ford 125.482
44 Brian Keselowski (192) DNQ 123.288

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Cup Qualifying Quotes - Richmond

April 29, 2011 , RICHMOND, Va. - Friday, April 29, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified Seventh
"I feel pretty decent about the qualifying lap in our Miller Lite Dodge. Pit lane position is so important here and to run a fast lap and get a decent (starting) spot is cool. I missed it a little bit, but we were really close. I've been really happy with our short-track program all year and today's qualifying lap just keeps that going. We just need to get the finish we need out of it. We're running well on these short-tracks, we just need to get a better end result."

WITH THE TRACK COOLING OF SO MUCH FOR QUALIFYING, WAS THE GRIP LEVEL THAT MUCH BETTER? "The track really changed from practice. The tire feels kind of weird. I can't really seem to figure out the feel that I need at times in this Miller Lite Dodge. The tire really fluctuates speed wise and we have to figure it out. I'm not sure anyone knows why."

HOW WAS YOUR CAR IN RACE TRIM? "I think we're good. There was a lot of fall off, but I think that we're in good shape. We should be really competitive."

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 36th
“Just too loose on our qualifying run with the Shell/Pennzoil Dodge. We were just too loose on exit. We've been fighting loose-off all day in practice. We made a nice pick-up from our qualifying runs in practice; it’s just that the other guys picked up more. The car just felt like it was on a real fine line."

ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 42nd
"We worked on race trim most of the practice knowing how important tomorrow night is for the SPEED Energy/Fast Five Dodge. We made one qualifying run there at the end of practice. I think we're really good in race trim. We really struggled early in the day with the hot, greasy track. With the sun going down and the track cooling off, I didn't have any problems putting power down to the track. There's going to be a huge difference between what conditions we race in tomorrow night and the practice conditions we had today."

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, May 1, 2011 12:11 am, EDT

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 48/5 400 235 $239,591 Chart
2 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 43/1 400 38 $202,775 Chart
3 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 42/1 400 29 $154,958 Chart
4 David Ragan (6) Ford 40/0 400 0 $129,350 Chart
5 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 40/1 400 11 $151,516 Chart
6 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 39/1 400 18 $143,633 Chart
7 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 37/0 400 0 $124,411 Chart
8 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 36/0 400 0 $133,561 Chart
9 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 35/0 400 0 $123,783 Chart
10 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 34/0 399 0 $108,439 Chart
11 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 33/0 399 0 $89,000 Chart
12 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 32/0 399 0 $123,911 Chart
13 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 31/0 399 0 $93,933 Chart
14 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 30/0 399 0 $83,875 Chart
15 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 29/0 399 0 $90,825 Chart
16 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 29/1 399 12 $82,475 Chart
17 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 27/0 399 0 $99,945 Chart
18 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 26/0 399 0 $108,239 Chart
19 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 25/0 398 0 $81,200 Chart
20 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 24/0 398 0 $112,625 Chart
21 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 24/1 398 16 $110,286 Chart
22 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 22/0 397 0 $113,950 Chart
23 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 21/0 397 0 $103,266 Chart
24 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 20/0 397 0 $98,420 Chart
25 David Gilliland (34) Ford 19/0 397 0 $86,583 Chart
26 Andy Lally (71) Ford 18/0 397 0 $81,100 Chart
27 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 18/1 397 12 $79,350 Chart
28 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 16/0 396 0 $71,850 Chart
29 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 16/1 395 25 $120,633 Chart
30 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 14/0 395 0 $83,708 Chart
31 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 13/0 395 0 $98,108 Chart
32 Ken Schrader (32) Ford 12/0 394 0 $76,822 Chart
33 Tony Raines (37) Ford 11/0 393 0 $68,100 Chart
34 David Stremme (30) Chevrolet 10/0 393 0 $67,025 Chart
35 Robby Gordon (7) Dodge 9/0 393 0 $66,900 Chart
36 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 8/0 388 0 $75,025 Chart

37 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 7/0 385 0 $66,625 Chart
38 Landon Cassill (09) Chevrolet 6/0 360 0 $66,500 Chart
39 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 6/1 300 4 $103,536 Chart
40 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 4/0 134 0 $66,200 Chart
41 Mike Skinner (60) Toyota 3/0 61 0 $66,050 Chart
42 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 2/0 40 0 $65,925 Chart
43 J.J. Yeley (46) Chevrolet 1/0 38 0 $66,293 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NASCAR Standings

Last Updated: Sunday, May 1, 2011 12:11 am, EDT

Rank Driver (No.) Total Pts Behind Race Pts Race Pos Laps Led

1 Carl Edwards (99) 335 0 40 5 11
2 Jimmie Johnson (48) 326 9 36 8 0
3 Kyle Busch (18) 305 30 48 1 235
4 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) 301 34 25 19 0
5 Kevin Harvick (29) 300 35 32 12 0
6 Kurt Busch (22) 289 46 22 22 0
7 Clint Bowyer (33) 284 51 39 6 18
8 Ryan Newman (39) 277 58 24 20 0
9 Matt Kenseth (17) 276 59 24 21 16
10 Tony Stewart (14) 275 60 35 9 0
11 A J Allmendinger (43) 263 72 37 7 0
12 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) 262 73 16 29 25

·
Super Moderator
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Final - Richmond

April 30, 2011 , RICHMOND, Va. - Saturday, April 30, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 22nd
“We had an awesome race car on shot runs all night, but not on the long runs and that’s what we faced the first half of the race. You’ve got to have a car that does both and we just didn’t have it tonight. Coming into the race, we felt we could run strong and we did. We qualified well and did well on short runs, but we were way off on the long-run stuff.”

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 36th
"A very frustrating, long night for us. We put ourselves behind in qualifying and had to start 36th. Once the race went green, our car just wore through tires by 40 laps into a run. We never could get back on the lead lap and just when I thought that our car was getting better, we get collected when the 42 and 39 got together. We probably had the strongest car running laps down at the end, but when you get more than one lap down, your day is pretty much done. That was certainly the case for us here tonight. We just weren't very good tonight."

ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 35th
“I don’t know how to explain it; we were off the whole race. We weren’t good when we unloaded off the truck and never really found improvements. We were never able to get the power to the track. I’m very disappointed with the end result. We were having some good runs the last couple of weeks and to come here and finish 35th is a huge disappointment for us.”

1 - 14 of 14 Posts