Track Facts
New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Banking/Turns: Oval
Distance: 1.06 miles
Shape: Oval

Nationwide
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

6/27/09 Camping World RV Sales 200 Joey Logano Kyle Busch Toyota $1,197,559
6/28/08 Camping World RV Sales 200 by RVs.com Landon Cassill Tony Stewart Toyota $1,201,721
6/30/07 Camping World 200 Kevin Harvick Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $1,164,835
7/15/06 New England 200 Kyle Busch Carl Edwards Ford $1,145,468

Sprint Cup
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

6/28/09 Lenox Industrial Tools 301 Tony Stewart Joey Logano Toyota $5,423,189
9/20/09 Sylvania 300 Juan Pablo Montoya Mark Martin Chevrolet $5,423,189
6/29/08 Lenox Industrial Tools 301 Patrick Carpentier Kurt Busch Dodge $5,383,710
9/14/08 Sylvania 300 Kyle Busch Greg Biffle Ford $5,383,710
7/1/07 Lenox Industrial Tools 300 Dave Blaney Denny Hamlin Chevrolet $5,315,335
9/16/07 Sylvania 300 Clint Bowyer Clint Bowyer Chevrolet $5,319,880
7/16/06 Lenox Industrial Tools 300 Ryan Newman Kyle Busch Chevrolet $5,204,946
9/17/06 Sylvania 300 Kevin Harvick Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $5,209,809

Most Cup Wins (since 1975)

* Jeff Burton 4

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance - Lenox Tools 301 - New Hampshire

LOUDON, N.H. , Jun 22, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance
Sunday, June 27, 2010

DODGE AT NEW HAMPSHIRE MOTOR SPEEDWAY
• Dodge has three wins at New Hampshire (Ward Burton, Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch).

• Penske Racing’s Kurt Bush (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge) leads all current Dodge drivers with three Sprint Cup victories at NHMS. Busch won the rain-shortened spring event in 2008. Busch swept both events in 2004 prior to joining the Dodge family.

• Dodge holds the track qualifying record of 133.357 mph (28.561 sec.) set in September 2003 (Ryan Newman).

• Dodge has earned the pole in six of the last 12 races at NHMS when qualifying was not postponed.

THE DODGE BOYS
• Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.
• Dodge’s most recent win came at the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch led 252 laps en route to his second victory of the season.
• Dodge claimed four Sprint Cup Series victories in 2009.
• Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.
• Dodge has posted wins each season since it’s return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).

• First Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Loudon: Ward Burton, 07/21/2002, New England 300, 92.342 mph avg. speed.
• Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Loudon: Kurt Busch, 06/29/2008, Lenox Tools 301, 106.719 avg. speed.

DODGE BOYS NSCS 2010 BEST

• Kurt Busch - Start - Pole – Las Vegas, Michigan
Finish - Win – Atlanta, Charlotte 1

• Brad Keselowski - Start - 6th - Richmond
Finish - 12th – Martinsville, Darlington

• Sam Hornish Jr. - Start - 2nd - Texas,
Finish - 11th - Pocono

• Laps Led (Race) - Kurt Busch (278) - Bristol

• Laps Led (Total) - Kurt Busch – 786

DODGE QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“I think New Hampshire reminds me a little bit of Phoenix,” Busch said. “I’ve always liked Phoenix and the racing there a lot and have had quite a few miles around that track. The way that you have to slide a car around on a flat track like that requires a loose setup and that’s the way I like to set my cars up.”
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger

DID YOU KNOW?
• Kurt Busch has led 359 laps in 18 career starts at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. His 786 laps led this season is best among all drivers in the NSCS.
• In four NHMS starts, Sam Hornish’s career-best finish is eighth (June 2009).
• Penske Racing has won a NSCS race in each of the last 20 years (1991-2010).

KURT BUSCH – 10 TO GO TO THE CHASE
• Busch has 15 combined wins at the 10 race tracks leading up to the Chase - (New Hampshire – 3, Pocono -2, Michigan – 2, Bristol – 5, Atlanta – 3).
• Bush has 66 combined top-10 finishes at the 10 race tracks leading up to the Chase (Loudon – 9, Daytona – 10, Chicago – 5, Indy – 3, Pocono – 10, Watkins Glen – 3, Michigan – 8, Bristol – 11, Atlanta – 7).
• Busch has a 243-point advantage over the driver currently 13th in the standings (Dale Earnhardt Jr.).
• Busch’s combined average finish at the 10 races leading up to the Chase is 15.5.
• Busch has scored four straight finishes of sixth or better at New Hampshire.
• Busch has three wins, six top fives and nine top 10s at NHMS.

ENGINEERING TALK; NEW HAMPSHIRE
“Last year we had some good races in Loudon, and I’m excited to get back on track with a solid run at the flat one-mile track. New Hampshire Motor Speedway is a difficult place to get the right setup on the car because of the need to rotate the center of the corner and still have good forward drive on the throttle. We have had good luck with the red, white and blue AAA/Go Penske paint scheme on the No. 77 Dodge in the past and we hope that the same will hold for this weekend.”
Travis Geisler, No. 77 AAA/Go Penske Dodge Charger

“Loudon is a unique racetrack. It has aspects of both Richmond and Phoenix all rolled into one. We work really hard to get the car to turn the center (of the corners) and maintain forward drive for late into a run. It is so hard to pass, you really need the complete package to win there – brakes, handling and pit stops.”
Jay Guy, No. 12 Penske AAA Dodge Charger

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
“Loudon, you really have to pay attention to that track because that's the first Chase race when we go there in September. You never really pinpoint a specific date; you just hope that you have a cushion when it comes down to two or three to go to get into the Chase."
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger

“We were really good on the long run at New Hampshire last spring. We were fourth going into the last pit stop, we pitted but a handful of other cars stayed out. We were really hounding the No. 14 car to get around him before the rain came to end the race. If we could've done that, I think we would've had a strong top-three finish. It was a good day for us regardless, but it could've been a lot better.

“We have definitely run well at New Hampshire in the past and at the flatter tracks. As different as they look, New Hampshire and Pocono have a lot in common with how flat the racetrack is and how little grip you really have. The Mobil 1 team tends to run well at the flatter tracks and I'm looking forward to having a strong run with the AAA/Go Penske Dodge this weekend.”
Sam Hornish Jr., No. 77 AAA/Go Penske Dodge Charger

“The short tracks have been very kind to us. We’ve been knocking on the door of the top-10 in just about every short track race this year. It would be nice to have another one of those races this weekend to put ourselves in position to pick up our best finish of the season. We need a solid run to get back on our feet. We’ve had some ups and downs over the last few weeks, but everyone on this team is putting forth the maximum effort. It would be nice to have a good, clean run at Loudon and then continue to improve every week until the end of the season.”
Brad Keselowski, No 12 Penske/AAA Dodge Charger

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nationwide Series
Jun 26 3:30 ESPN

Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance - New Hampshire 200 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway

LOUDON, N.H. , Jun 23, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
New Hampshire 200
Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dodge in 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series

• Dodge has four wins in the 2010 NNS season (Allgaier – Bristol and Keselowski – Talladega, Richmond and Nashville).

• Dodge has earned three poles this season. Keselowski – Las Vegas, Bristol and Allgaier – Nashville

• Dodge will unveil its NNS Dodge Challenger at Daytona in July.

DID YOU KNOW
• Brad Keselowski has as many top-five finishes as any other Nationwide Series competitor has top 10s.

• Justin Allgaier finished 13th in his only previous NASCAR Nationwide Series start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (June 2009).

• The No. 22 Penske Racing Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-034 during Saturday’s 200-mile race at New Hampshire. Keselowski drove this chassis to a victory at Richmond in April.

• The Dodge Challenger makes its return to the Nationwide Series next week at Daytona International Speedway.

JUSTIN ALLGAIER – No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge
Highlights:

• Allgaier earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series win this year at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 Penske Racing, Dodge finish.

• Allgaier has earned one pole this season (Nashville).
• In 15 Nationwide Series races in 2010, Allgaier has accumulated five top-five and eight top-10 finishes.

• Allgaier’s third-place position in the point standings is best among full-time, Nationwide Series-only drivers. Allgaier leads fellow Nationwide-only driver Brendan Gaughan, currently ranked seventh, by 366 points.

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge
Highlights:

• Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series driver standings with a 237-point advantage over Carl Edwards.

• Keselowski earned back-to-back wins at Talladega and Richmond earlier this season.

• Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (12), top-10 finishes (14) and laps completed.

• Keselowski has led the Nationwide Series point standings since his win at Talladega in April.

• Keselowski extended his NASCAR Nationwide Series record of 82 consecutive races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) at Kentucky Speedway last week.

• Keselowski has completed all 2,799 laps contested this season and has led the field for 522 of those circuits.

DODGE NATIONWIDE DRIVER QUOTES
“New Hampshire is a fun place to race because it’s one of those tracks where you are racing it (the track) as much as you are the competitors. It’s very hard to pass, especially in these Nationwide cars, because you get too loose underneath someone and you don’t have the power to beat them off the corner.

“It feels great to come out of those three non-companion weekends with a comfortable lead in the standings, but there is still a lot of racing left to go. The four races with the new car are going to play a very important role in determining the championship. If we can make it through those races unscathed, beginning next week in Daytona, then we’ll reevaluate our season and figure out our strategy for the final half. My philosophy has always been to go to the race track to win and the points will take care of themselves, but we need to do what’s best for Penske Racing.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger

“New Hampshire is a great race track. The fans up there are very passionate about racing. It’s a flat mile with some very distinct grooves that you typically wouldn’t run at other tracks. It’s a very interesting place, and it’s going to be a lot of fun.”
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NASCAR Qualifying
SPRINT Cup Series

Last Updated: Friday, Jun 25, 2010 4:53 pm, EDT
Lenox Industrial Tools 301

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 132.337
2 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 132.158
3 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 132.062
4 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 131.998
5 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 131.966
6 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 131.875
7 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 131.742
8 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 131.633
9 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 131.556
10 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 131.456
11 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 131.329
12 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 131.315
13 Paul Menard (98) Ford 131.279
14 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 131.211
15 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 131.189
16 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 131.180
17 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 131.103
18 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 131.049
19 David Ragan (6) Ford 131.035
20 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 131.017
21 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 130.945
22 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 130.801
23 Casey Mears (36) Chevrolet 130.734
24 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 130.626
25 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 130.599
26 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 130.586
27 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 130.456
28 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 130.367
29 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 130.313
30 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 130.300
31 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 130.220
32 Max Papis (13) Toyota 130.024
33 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 130.020
34 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 129.714
35 J.J. Yeley (46) Dodge 129.626
36 Dave Blaney (66) Toyota 129.600
37 Michael McDowell (55) Toyota 129.278
38 David Stremme (26) Ford 129.221
39 David Gilliland (37) Ford 128.893
40 Andy Lally (71) Chevrolet 127.997
41 Kevin Conway (34) Ford 126.956
42 Bobby Labonte (7) Toyota -
43 Todd Bodine (164) Toyota 128.178
44 Travis Kvapil (38) DNQ 127.679
45 Mike Bliss (09) DNQ 127.436

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Final Qualifying - New Hampshire

LOUDON, N.H. , Jun 25, 2010 - KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Qualified 3rd
“Qualifying has been good for us this season. Steve Addington's experience has helped a lot. He gets excited for Friday's and trying to put our Miller Lite Dodge on the pole. The car stuck great. The track conditions were warmer and I knew that I couldn't overdrive the corners anymore than we did in practice. We made some good adjustments and it paid off. It's really important to qualify well here and start up front, especially knowing how important this race is in the fall. It just seems like all the adjustments that we made to the car today gave it speed. We've got great data to go into tomorrow's practice sessions and tweak some things to make it fast on the long runs as well as restarts which are critical here at Loudon."

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT GETTING AND MAINTAINING TRACK POSITION IN THIS RACE? “I’ve always thought that this place races really well. It’s not like you can’t make progress getting back towards the front if you don’t find yourself in good track position. Starting up front always has its benefits. We hope that we can get in and file in early on and possibly lead a lap to get those five bonus points. I think that you can pass here a little bit better than some tracks.”

HOW DO YOU DECIDE HOW MUCH TIME TO SPEND IN QUALIFYING AND RACE TRIM IN PRACTICE? “I think that it’s important to do both. Last year I think that it rained out qualifying in the first race here. We knew that it was going to rain out, but even knowing that we still did a mock up qualifying run so that we had notes for when we came back here in September. I think that you have to split your time wisely when there’s weather around, but you still have to do both.”

HOW DO YOU PROJECT WHAT YOU DO HERE IN SEPTEMBER AT THIS RACE IN JUNE? “It’s just one race at a time; one session at a time. We hope that we get some time out on the track tomorrow to get our Miller Lite Vortex Dodge better. When you make a run like we did today, you put it in your notebook; write down that the track temperature was 110 degrees. You write down the ambient temperature and when you come back in September it could be 20 degrees cooler. We might need to scuff tires then instead of going out on stickers or visa-versa. It’s always good to try and stay ahead of the game and do as much homework as you can.”

SAM HORNISH JR. (No. 77 AAA/Go Penske Dodge Charger) 8th
"We freed the car up for qualifying. The car was really strong in the middle of the corner, just a little too free off which hurt our drive off. I think that we had a top-five car if we didn't have that little hiccup. I'm really happy with the AAA Dodge this weekend. This is one of my favorite places to come to because it reminds me a lot of Milwaukee. The car was pretty good in race trim. I feel like have a little bit to go to get it where we need it for Sunday. Some of the things that we found in qualifying should help us out a bit tomorrow and Sunday."

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 AAA Insurance/Go Penske Dodge Charger) Qualified 14th
"Our AAA Dodge was really loose, but fast. A solid effort by my guys. We carried over some things from practice that really helped in qualifying.”

YOU HAD A HANDFUL OF STEERING WHEEL? “Oh yeah, but we adjusted and got something out of the second lap. That’s what you have to do as a team and a driver."

KURT SAYS LOOSE IS FAST. CAN YOU APPLY THAT ADVICE TO YOUR SETUP? “Heck yeah. There's a reason why Kurt is on the provisional pole. He’s really fast here. I try to listen to him and soak in what I can. We've done some testing stuff, swapping cars and trying to understand what he's doing so well and I’m just soaking it all in."

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - New Hampshire

LOUDON, N.H. , Jun 25, 2010 -

THIS YEAR WE’VE SEEN MORE AGGRESSION ON THE RACE TRACK. DO YOU FEEL (DRIVERS HAVE) MORE PERMISSION TO LEAN ON A CAR FROM TIME TO TIME? “I wouldn’t say that it’s changed all that much. NASCAR use to be looking over your shoulder when you had a run-in with somebody or you took it over the line to far and they would step in. Now it seems like you can turn a guy over on his lid and get three-week probation. It’s definitely a different game. When I first came in 10 years ago, I ran into a couple of guys at Rockingham and (NASCAR) threatened to park me because I was accidentally bumping into guys. It’s definitely a different game.”

IS WINNING AT CHICAGOLAND ON YOUR BUCKET LIST? “Yeah, I’m just not as good at my bucket list as Jimmie Johnson is (laughs). He can just say that he wants to run Bristol and he goes and does it. Then he says that he wants to win a road course and he goes and does it. He’s pretty good at putting something on his dart board and nailing it. For us, Chicago has been a tough track over the years with motor failures or just not having enough speed. My bucket list – my short term one anyway – is nothing near what Johnson’s is, but I don’t have a top five (finish) at Chicagoland Speedway. I’m just going to start small. If I get (a top five) there and at Watkins Glen and Kansas, then I’ll have a top five at all the race tracks on the circuit.”

DO YOU PUT MORE EMPHASIS ON THIS RACE BECAUSE IT’S IN THE CHASE LATER IN THE YEAR? “I think that each of the tracks that you see for the first time of the year that are in the Chase, it’s not like you do anything terribly different, but you hopefully get into more detail. With all the changes that you make, I know that we’re always recording temperature, overcast conditions and different things for engine tuning. Like today, Steve (Addington) wanted to make a second mock qualifying run, normally we only do two. We did an extra just to make sure that we had one extra minor detail ironed out so that when we come back here in September, we’ve got all of our home work done.”

IS THERE MORE AGGRESSION ON THE RACE TRACK THIS YEAR? “There’s more that’s going on. It’s just that there’s not a penalty that you’d know was coming from NASCAR. Now, it’s more policed by the drivers. Ten years ago, if you got into somebody, you’d be on probation or (NASCAR) would park you for the rest of the race. We saw what happened at Atlanta earlier this year and what had happened after that.”

ARE YOU IN LINE TO GET BACK AT JEFF GORDON? “I would say that I’m in the line, but I’m not at the top of the list. There are a lot of guys in front of me that want to go talk to Jeff “Bulldozer” Gordon.”

DOES IT GET TO A POINT THAT IT’S STARTING TO GET OUT OF HAND? “No. We’re just coming off of one of those rough and tumble weeks of a road course where it’s really easy to get into people. Martinsville…we’ll go there and I’m sure we’ll have discussions right after that race. We go to Daytona next week, a lot of things happen at the restrictor-plate races these days.”

WHY ARE WE NOT SEEING AS MANY GUYS WIN RACES? “You have different waves of teams that get hot; some teams cool off. Right now, the Gibbs guys have jumped to the front, showing their strength. Then there’s a bunch of guys knocking on the door that are right there. It just might be a couple more races and then we’ll have those 10 winners before we know it. It’s really hard to say what’s different or why.”

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Starting Lineup for the New England 200

June 26th, 2010 at 12:21 pm -

Row 1: 1 22 Brad Keselowski Ruby Tuesday Dodge 29.376 129.657

2 60 Carl Edwards Copart.com Ford 29.404 129.533

Row 2: 3 33 Kevin Harvick Jimmy John’s Chevrolet 29.556 128.867

4 18 Kyle Busch Z-Line Designs Toyota 29.601 128.671

Row 3: 5 12 Justin Allgaier Verizon Wireless Dodge 29.671 128.368

6 66 Steve Wallace 5-Hour Energy Toyota 29.705 128.221

Row 4: 7 20 Joey Logano GameStop Toyota 29.707 128.212

8 21 Austin Dillon Bass Pro Shops / Tracker Boats Chevrolet 29.762 127.975

Row 5: 9 27 Justin Lofton WeekendWarriors.com Ford 29.839 127.645

10 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. # CitiFinancial Ford 29.847 127.611

Row 6: 11 81 Michael McDowell R.J. Finley & Co. Dodge 29.893 127.414

12 32 Reed Sorenson Dollar General Toyota 29.894 127.410

Row 7: 13 35 Jason Keller TriStar Motorsports Chevrolet 29.903 127.372

14 38 Jason Leffler Great Clips Toyota 29.939 127.219

Row 8: 15 16 Colin Braun # Con-way Freight Ford 29.975 127.066

16 62 Brendan Gaughan South Point Casino & Hotel Toyota 29.980 127.045

Row 9: 17 88 Elliott Sadler Realtree Outfitters Chevrolet 29.981 127.040

18 99 Trevor Bayne Out Pet Care Toyota 30.025 126.854

Row 10: 19 98 Paul Menard Richmond / Menards Ford 30.038 126.799

20 37 Kevin Swindell Baker Curb Racing Ford 30.065 126.686

Row 11: 21 40 Mike Bliss Key Motorsports Chevrolet 30.084 126.606

22 10 Tayler Malsam Ironhorse Jeans Toyota 30.111 126.492

Row 12: 23 91 David Gilliland D’Hondt-Humphrey Motorsports Chevrolet 30.147 126.341

24 87 Joe Nemechek NEMCO Motorsports Chevrolet 30.153 126.316

Row 13: 25 7 Danica Patrick GoDaddy.com Chevrolet 30.292 125.736

26 70 Mark Green ML Motorsports Chevrolet 30.314 125.645

Row 14: 27 11 Brian Scott # BigSpot.com Toyota 30.316 125.637

28 09 Sean Caisse RAB Racing Ford 30.318 125.628

Row 15: 29 90 Danny O’Quinn Jr. D’Hondt-Humphrey Motorsports Chevrolet 30.398 125.298

30 61 Josh Wise Specialty Racing Ford 30.465 125.022

Row 16: 31 28 Kenny Wallace Federated Auto Parts Chevrolet 30.469 125.006

32 34 Tony Raines Long John Silver’s Chevrolet 30.494 124.903

Row 17: 33 89 Morgan Shepherd DealTaker.com Chevrolet 30.497 124.891

34 05 Willie Allen 31-W Insulation Chevrolet 30.522 124.789

Row 18: 35 92 Dennis Setzer K-Automotive Motorsports Dodge 30.628 124.357

36 26 Brian Keselowski K-Automotive Motorsports Dodge 30.727 123.956

Row 19: 37 01 Mike Wallace JDavisMotorsports.com Chevrolet 30.740 123.904

38 15 Michael Annett Germain.com Toyota 30.898 123.270

Row 20: 39 25 Peyton Sellers Skills USA Chevrolet 30.920 123.182

40 24 Eric McClure Hefty Odor Block Ford 31.013 122.813

Row 21: 41 23 Robert Richardson Jr. R3 Motorsports Chevrolet Owner Points

42 43 Brad Baker Baker-Curb Racing Ford Owner Points

Row 22: 43 75 Johnny Chapman Racing With Jesus Chevrolet 30.950 123.063

Did Not Qualify: # 39 Charles Lewandoski; # 52 Chris Lawson.

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated: 6/26/2010 - 7:20 PM
NASCAR Nationwide SeriesNASCAR Nationwide Series
New England 200

* Date: Saturday, June 26th
* Start Time: 3:46 p.m. (et)
* Site: New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1990) -- Loudon, New Hampshire
* Track: 1.058-mile oval speedway
* Laps: 200
* Miles: 211.6
* Capacity: 95,491 (Grandstand Seating)
* Total purse: $1,197,559 (2009 figures)
* Payouts: 1st Place - $44,120; 2nd Place - $39,675; 3rd Place - $32,743
* Year: 21st
* On TV: ESPN
* Announcers: Marty Reid, Dale Jarrett, Andy Petree
* On Radio: Performance Racing Network (PRN)/SIRIUS XM Satellite
* Race record: Kyle Busch, 2009 (111.925 m.p.h.)
* Qualifying record: Kevin Harvick, 2001 (130.716 m.p.h.)

Rank Start Name Make Laps Completed Leading Laps Points Money Won

1 4 Kyle Busch Toyota 200 126 195 $45,620
2 1 Brad Keselowski Dodge 200 64 175 $31,400
3 2 Carl Edwards Ford 200 0 165 $27,775
4 7 Joey Logano Toyota 200 3 165 $20,500
5 18 Trevor Bayne Toyota 200 0 155 $28,868
6 5 Justin Allgaier Dodge 200 0 150 $22,543
7 3 Kevin Harvick Chevrolet 200 6 151 $17,175
8 12 Reed Sorenson Toyota 200 0 142 $21,293
9 19 Paul Menard Ford 200 0 138 $14,700
10 16 Brendan Gaughan Toyota 200 0 134 $21,893
11 6 Steve Wallace Toyota 200 0 130 $20,918
12 15 Colin Braun Ford 200 0 127 $21,793
13 17 Elliott Sadler Chevrolet 200 1 129 $14,575
14 14 Jason Leffler Toyota 200 0 121 $20,448
15 13 Jason Keller Chevrolet 200 0 118 $21,918
16 10 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Ford 200 1 120 $20,393
17 9 Justin Lofton Ford 200 0 112 $20,068
18 32 Tony Raines Chevrolet 200 0 109 $22,118
19 38 Michael Annett Toyota 200 0 106 $19,868
20 11 Michael McDowell Dodge 199 0 103 $20,618
21 28 Sean Caisse Ford 198 0 100 $20,093
22 33 Morgan Shepherd Chevrolet 197 0 97 $13,225
23 24 Joe Nemechek Chevrolet 197 0 94 $20,043
24 34 Willie Allen Chevrolet 197 0 91 $19,603
25 8 Austin Dillon Chevrolet 196 0 88 $20,018
26 27 Brian Scott Toyota 196 0 85 $19,533
27 41 Robert Richardson Jr. Chevrolet 196 0 82 $19,898
28 37 Mike Wallace Chevrolet 196 0 79 $19,463
29 40 Eric McClure Ford 196 0 76 $19,428
30 25 Danica Patrick Chevrolet 195 0 73 $19,693
31 43 Charles Lewandoski Ford 195 0 70 $12,890
32 31 Kenny Wallace Chevrolet 181 0 67 $19,323
33 26 Mark Green Chevrolet 170 0 64 $12,830
34 21 Mike Bliss Chevrolet 147 0 61 $19,278
35 22 Tayler Malsam Toyota 91 0 58 $19,258
36 42 Brad Baker Ford 35 0 55 $12,770
37 29 Danny OQuinn Jr. Chevrolet 25 0 52 $12,750
38 23 David Gilliland Chevrolet 20 0 49 $12,730
39 36 Brian Keselowski Dodge 9 0 46 $12,710
40 39 Johnny Chapman Chevrolet 5 0 0 $12,615
41 30 Josh Wise Ford 3 0 40 $12,595
42 20 Kevin Swindell Ford 3 0 37 $12,575
43 35 Dennis Setzer Dodge 2 0 34 $12,531

* Average Speed: 110.673 mph
* Margin of Victory: 0.644
* Caution Flags: 4
* Caution Flags Laps: 16
* Lead Changes: 16
* Lead Changes Drivers: 6
* Total Laps: 200

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Final - New Hampshire

LOUDON, N.H. , Jun 26, 2010 - BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger) Finished 2nd
“It was a really good race for our Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger. It all came down to that final restart. The 20 and 18 were going really hard and it looked like Joey (Logano) spun his tires a little bit and jumbled everything up and I was able to make up some spots. Some weeks that goes to your advantage and other weeks it goes against you. We had a car that was pretty good. The 18 and 20 were really good. We made some adjustments there at the end and got our Dodge as good as it was going to get. It came down to track position and we just didn’t quite have it. It was still a strong showing for our Ruby Tuesday Dodge. I’m happy to come out of here with a second-place finish.”

“The difference was at the start of the race. The 18 car was just a little faster. We worked on our car and got it just as fast at the end if not just a touch better, but did not have track position. It takes a whole race and we were just off that little bit, just didn’t quite execute as well as the 18 car did today, but we’ll keep working on that. It’s an awesome showing. We’ll happy to come home second, but we want to win.”

BEFORE THAT LAST PIT STOP, YOU RADIOED IN AND SAID YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD A SHOT AT BUSCH, BUT HAD A LITTLE HANG-UP ON THE LEFT REAR DURING THAT STOP. HOW MUCH DID THAT HURT IN YOUR BID TO WIN THIS RACE? “We had an awesome short-run car. I think that is where we were stronger than Kyle. When the race came down to a short run, we just weren’t close enough to him (for the restart). It might have made a difference, it might not. It’s hard to tell. That’s just the way the breaks go. I’m behind my guys in good times and I’m behind them in bad times. We’ve still got a lot to look forward too. We’ve done a lot of great things this year and we’ll keep doing it.”

PAUL WOLFE (crew chief, No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger)
“It wasn’t a bad day overall. We led some laps early and got out front. That was key today, keep track position. Overall, we just didn’t have as good a car as we needed to win the race. We had a bad pit stop at the end that cost us five positions and put us behind a little. Brad did a great job all race. We just needed to be a little bit better.”

DID YOU THINK FOUR TIRES WAS GOING TO BE ENOUGH WITH THAT LATE RESTART? “It put us in good position. The 18 and 20 had 75 laps on their left side tires and we thought we had them. We just struggled a bit on pit road that cost us some positions and just couldn’t get back up to Kyle.”

JUSTIN ALLGAIER (No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger) Finished 6th
“Our Verizon Dodge was strong. Unfortunately we got some right-front fender damage early in the race and that just slowed us a bit all race. Then on one of the restarts, we made an adjustment to free the car up and the car just got too free. We lost a couple spots and just kind of rode there all day. A top 10 and we’ll take it. It’s good for points and a nice rebound from last weekend. We move on to next week with the new car, the Dodge Challenger. I’m really excited to get to Daytona and drive that car.”

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 5:53 pm, EDT
Lenox Industrial Tools 301

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 190/5 301 9 $264,928 Chart
2 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 175/5 301 2 $206,598 Chart
3 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 170/5 301 7 $173,498 Chart
4 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 160/0 301 0 $162,576 Chart
5 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 155/0 301 0 $150,726 Chart
6 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 155/5 301 1 $133,979 Chart
7 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 146/0 301 0 $99,500 Chart
8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 142/0 301 0 $94,850 Chart
9 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 138/0 301 0 $121,890 Chart
10 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 134/0 301 0 $123,701 Chart
11 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 135/5 301 46 $127,106 Chart
12 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 132/5 301 89 $116,940 Chart
13 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 124/0 301 0 $108,273 Chart
14 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 121/0 301 0 $95,350 Chart
15 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 118/0 301 0 $109,456 Chart
16 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 115/0 301 0 $87,900 Chart
17 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 112/0 300 0 $122,076 Chart
18 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 109/0 300 0 $111,404 Chart
19 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 111/5 300 1 $85,275 Chart
20 David Ragan (6) Ford 103/0 300 0 $87,275 Chart
21 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 100/0 300 0 $93,625 Chart
22 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 97/0 300 0 $76,375 Chart
23 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 94/0 300 0 $84,400 Chart
24 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 91/0 300 0 $113,898 Chart
25 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 88/0 299 0 $113,173 Chart
26 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 85/0 299 0 $102,010 Chart
27 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 82/0 299 0 $91,498 Chart
28 Paul Menard (98) Ford 79/0 299 0 $82,625 Chart
29 Casey Mears (36) Chevrolet 76/0 298 0 $75,350 Chart
30 Bobby Labonte (7) Toyota 73/0 297 0 $89,673 Chart
31 David Stremme (26) Ford 70/0 294 0 $78,900 Chart
32 Kevin Conway (34) Ford 67/0 292 0 $72,650 Chart
33 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 64/0 292 0 $78,450 Chart
34 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 66/5 280 36 $119,506 Chart
35 David Gilliland (37) Ford 58/0 268 0 $82,123 Chart
36 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 65/10 236 110 $120,415 Chart
37 Andy Lally (71) Chevrolet 52/0 142 0 $69,625 Chart
38 J.J. Yeley (46) Dodge 49/0 84 0 $69,425 Chart
39 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 46/0 68 0 $69,300 Chart
40 Todd Bodine (164) Toyota 43/0 31 0 $69,150 Chart
41 Michael McDowell (55) Toyota 40/0 24 0 $68,970 Chart
42 Dave Blaney (66) Toyota 37/0 20 0 $68,840 Chart
43 Max Papis (13) Toyota 34/0 11 0 $69,218 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Standings
Sprint Cup Series
Latest Race Jun 27

Rank (+/-) Drivers Total Pts Behind Starts Poles Wins Top 5 Top 10 DNF Winnings

1 - Kevin Harvick 2489 Leader 17 1 1 7 12 0 $3,490,571
2 - Jimmie Johnson 2384 105 17 1 5 8 11 3 $3,926,854
3 - Kyle Busch 2328 161 17 2 2 5 9 0 $3,297,153
4 - Denny Hamlin 2304 185 17 0 5 7 7 0 $3,095,908
5 - Jeff Gordon 2302 187 17 0 0 8 9 2 $2,971,893
6 - Kurt Busch 2288 201 17 2 2 7 10 0 $4,122,332
7 - Matt Kenseth 2204 285 17 0 0 4 8 0 $2,810,943
8 - Jeff Burton 2159 330 17 0 0 3 7 0 $2,645,041
9 +1 Tony Stewart 2158 331 17 1 0 4 8 1 $2,682,092
10 -1 Greg Biffle 2126 363 17 0 0 2 10 1 $2,565,812
11 - Mark Martin 2047 442 17 1 0 5 6 2 $2,331,863
12 - Carl Edwards 2020 469 17 0 0 1 6 2 $2,511,301
13 - Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2017 472 17 1 0 1 5 0 $2,763,603
14 +1 Ryan Newman 2005 484 17 1 1 2 6 3 $2,545,669
15 -1 Clint Bowyer 2004 485 17 0 0 1 9 2 $2,263,554
16 +1 Joey Logano 1921 568 17 1 0 2 7 1 $2,536,327
17 -1 Jamie McMurray 1899 590 17 2 1 4 5 2 $3,944,144
18 +1 Martin Truex Jr. 1872 617 17 1 0 1 4 2 $2,103,214
19 +2 David Reutimann 1870 619 17 0 0 3 3 3 $2,534,529
20 -2 Kasey Kahne 1846 643 17 1 0 4 5 3 $2,712,916
21 +1 A J Allmendinger 1845 644 17 1 0 0 3 2 $2,318,719
22 -2 Juan Pablo Montoya 1837 652 17 1 0 4 8 5 $2,538,098
23 - Paul Menard 1738 751 17 0 0 1 2 1 $1,799,454
24 +1 David Ragan 1660 829 17 0 0 0 1 0 $1,811,299
25 -1 Brad Keselowski 1643 846 17 0 0 0 0 3 $2,152,562
26 - Scott Speed 1631 858 17 0 0 0 1 0 $1,910,868
27 - Marcos Ambrose 1593 896 17 0 0 0 2 6 $2,079,093
28 - Elliott Sadler 1548 941 17 0 0 0 0 1 $1,754,514
29 - Sam Hornish Jr. 1499 990 17 0 0 0 0 1 $1,734,874
30 - Regan Smith 1432 1057 17 0 0 0 0 2 $1,727,614
31 - Bobby Labonte 1276 1213 17 0 0 0 0 4 $1,677,466
32 - Robby Gordon 1202 1287 15 0 0 1 1 3 $1,764,528
33 +2 David Gilliland 1193 1296 15 0 0 0 0 1 $1,471,831
34 -1 Travis Kvapil 1172 1317 16 0 0 0 0 1 $1,593,628
35 -1 Brian Vickers 1158 1331 11 0 0 0 3 2 $1,579,832
36 - Kevin Conway 1048 1441 16 0 0 0 0 2 $1,471,622
37 - David Stremme 713 1776 9 0 0 0 0 1 $766,725
38 - Joe Nemechek 689 1800 16 0 0 0 0 16 $1,396,188
39 - Max Papis 662 1827 13 0 0 0 0 7 $1,193,805
40 - Mike Bliss 621 1868 9 0 0 0 1 5 $893,190
41 - Dave Blaney 588 1901 14 0 0 0 0 13 $1,065,388
42 - Casey Mears 556 1933 7 0 0 0 0 1 $799,459
43 +1 Michael McDowell 471 2018 12 0 0 0 0 12 $1,076,233
44 -1 Bill Elliott 448 2041 5 0 0 0 0 0 $629,104
45 - Boris Said 399 2090 5 0 0 0 1 2 $636,920
46 - J.J. Yeley 385 2104 7 0 0 0 0 5 $538,929
47 +7 Reed Sorenson 211 2278 4 0 0 0 0 3 $381,111
48 -1 Michael Waltrip 200 2289 3 0 0 0 0 2 $486,063
49 +4 Todd Bodine 169 2320 4 0 0 0 0 4 $345,109
50 -2 Terry Cook 164 2325 3 0 0 0 0 2 $240,170
51 -2 Robert Richardson Jr. 155 2334 2 0 0 0 0 1 $417,637
52 -2 Aric Almirola 154 2335 4 0 0 0 0 4 $330,573
53 -2 Johnny Sauter 154 2335 4 0 0 0 0 4 $308,612
54 -2 Jan Magnussen 127 2362 1 0 0 0 0 0 $92,500
55 - Mattias Ekstrom 105 2384 1 0 0 0 0 0 $118,023
56 - Scott Riggs 79 2410 1 0 0 0 0 0 $72,575
57 - Andy Lally 52 2437 1 0 0 0 0 1 $69,625
58 -1 John Andretti 49 2440 1 0 0 0 0 1 $286,779
59 -1 Landon Cassill 49 2440 1 0 0 0 0 1 $71,690
60 -1 Geoff Bodine 40 2449 1 0 0 0 0 1 $63,045
61 -1 P.J. Jones 40 2449 1 0 0 0 0 1 $71,025
62 -1 Tony Raines 37 2452 1 0 0 0 0 1 $93,129
63 -1 Chad McCumbee 37 2452 1 0 0 0 0 1 $62,890

·
Super Moderator
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Race Final - New Hampshire

LOUDON, N.H. , Jun 27, 2010 - KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished 3rd
“It was really a great day for us. All in all, we battled hard to get where we ended up. To finish third with where we were with 60 laps to go was definitely an overachievement.

“Just comes back to where I think (we are) with our short-run speed, we were able to hang in there and put up a good battle. We just didn't have overall speed throughout the day. We saw some guys get out there and stretch the lead, like Kasey Kahne and Jeff Burton, the 48. They came up battling through the pack and he was checking out for a while. But for us, to take a fifth- to tenth-place car and throw it into third place at the end, even giving it a shot to win; that was a great feeling to know that, hey, we can battle these guys and we just came up a bit short.

“All in all where we were today and Saturday, we just couldn't quite make the car any better through adjustments. It was just the only speed that we had, and so, hey, if it works out to a third place finish, we'll take it. It was a great battle at the end and for us to we just have to make the car a little better during the race to hold the guys off when we do get in lead position.”

WHEN YOU KIND OF PUSHED THE 48 OUT OF THE WAY, DO YOU KNOW THAT IF HE GOT THAT CLOSE TO YOU THAT HE WAS GOING TO DO THE SAME? “Well, I thought it was a great short-track battle. It wasn't because he did something that I had to do something, or since I did something, he had to do it back. Driving down into turn three, I saw my window, and it was a perfect time to go for it, because our car was good on the short run, and once four or five laps got on the tires, I knew we were going to have a hard time holding them off and he was still going to be right there. So, just a classic, get in the corner a little bit deeper than the guy. We didn't just flat-out wreck them. We didn't cut his tire. We didn't drive over him. It was just a nice nudge that we are all used to seeing and appreciating on short tracks.”

A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING INTO THE RACE PREDICTING PAYBACKS, MORE ACTION; GUYS RACING ROUGH AND IT DIDN’T TURN OUT LIKE THAT. CHARACTERIZE HOW THE RACING WAS OUT THERE? “You know, it was a surprising race with all of the green flag runs. Tony was caught on a different sequence all day and didn't really race hard for position. For us, we were just sliding back a little bit. We didn't quite have the offense as far as the speed went. So we were just riding. We were a good fifth- to 10th-place car, and on the short run, we could gain some spots. So, I felt like that was our opportunity to make some passes, but really, it was a nice event that had its long green runs and then had its action at the end.”

DID YOU FEEL THAT NUDGING JIMMIE ON THE RESTART THE ONLY CHANCE TO GET BY HIM KNOWING WHAT YOUR SPEED WAS? WAS THAT YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO GET BY HIM KNOWING WHAT YOUR SPEED WAS, AND LOOKING FORWARD, WAS IT IMPORTANT TO SEND A MESSAGE THERE AND LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU’RE NOT GOING TO WIN THE RACE GOING AWAY? “The thought was 10 points winning would look a lot better stacked in our deck than his chip count. That was the original thought.
Driving into turn three, I had all intentions of passing him on the inside and trying to cut underneath him at the apex. I just got into him a little bit in the left rear and nudged him up and we were able to squeak on by. Your motive is always to pass a guy clean and you always want to make sure that when you do pass him, that he's not completely upset with you and then we'll go and race again if he's going to come back and try to pass me at the end, and he did, he did great.”

WERE YOU A BIT SURPRISED THAT THE LEADER DIDN’T GO INTO THE PIT? “Man, it’s tough being a leader and trying to decide if you need two tires or if you need to stay out. Jeff Burton's situation, his car looked good on those long green runs and he probably wasn't happy to see the yellow. Everybody pits, he doesn't; he's a sitting duck. Our opportunity was we can't win the race with old tires. Let’s put on two at least and go for it, and so that's what helped our day.”

MARK MARTIN SAID ON FRIDAY THAT RACING HAS REALLY CHANGED IN THE LAST FEW YEARS AS FAR AS LACK OF RESPECT AND LACK OF BEING ABLE TO TRUST OTHER DRIVERS OUT THERE AS MUCH AS YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO TRUST THEM TO RACE YOU THE WAY YOU RACE THEM. TODAY, REALLY, THE CLOSING LAPS SHOWED THE ULTIMATE RESPECT BETWEEN DRIVERS. DO YOU THINK WHAT MARK SAID IS TRUE OR IT’S JUST THE NATURE OF THE BEAST? “Yeah. Mark is correct. It's tough because Mark is a very well respected guy in the garage and when he speaks, it goes a long way, and we all listen. At the end of this race, we saw champion drivers running up front and rubbing each other and bringing it on home.

“Jeff is a champion driver, and he had a bad day at Sonoma. Things happen. But when Jeff Burton talked about guys have lost respect for each other and that you have to use your brake pedal or, it's tough because we have double file restarts all the time and checkered flags now. We had a 10th-place car and finished third today. You hope that you can gain spots at the end. Everybody thinks that they can gain spots.

“I think my little brother finished 11th today. He had a top three car. At the end, it's not every man for himself, you're trying to race hard and smart, but ultimately you want to bring it on home for your team but you don't want to upset other drivers while you're doing it.”

TAKE AWAY THE SONOMA INCIDENT, THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A FIFTH STRAIGHT TOP-10 FINISH FOR YOU. DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR TEAM IS WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE OR IS THERE STILL MORE THAT YOU NEED TO DO? “We are in the mix, but there's guys that are stronger than us. I'm not going to say that we have it all sorted out. There are some areas of our team that I can rate as a B-plus instead of an A. Once we correct some of these, whether it's just pit calls during the race or trying to make the car faster or whether it's a little bit in the motor department, you look at all areas and try to make it better.”

KURT, CAN YOU TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED ON THE LAST LAP BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU? “Yeah, and it's part of the deal where I had a fifth to tenth place car and I'm running second. It's not that I didn't deserve to be running there, but my lap time wasn't as competitive as it needed to be. So when you're in that position, you have to know that something is going to come and you've got to be ready for it. I think it's fun. It shouldn't be anything exciting about you that's different.”

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 AAA/Go Penske Dodge Charger) Finished 23rd
"Our AAA/ Go Penske Dodge was pretty much loose all day. We struggled with forward drive, and although we kept working on it, we didn’t get the car right where we needed it to be. With the long, green-flag runs it makes it hard to really dial the car in, especially when you pit under green. The AAA/ Go Penske guys worked hard all day and I look forward to coming back to New Hampshire later this year.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 AAA Insurance/Go Penske Dodge Charger) Finished 26th
“We weren’t super strong today with our AAA/Penske Dodge. That long run really made it tough to gain any track position. I’m proud of the way that we held on during that long run and kept digging and digging. We weren’t that far off today, we just couldn’t seem to hit on what we needed to make the car really good. We put in a good effort and fought all day and got the most out of it that we could. I’m proud of my guys. I wish that I could have raced up inside the top 20, we just fell short.”

1 - 13 of 13 Posts