2/13/04 Camping World Truck Qualifying Terry Cook 183.643

Nationwide Series
Upcoming Race Jul 1
Subway Jalapeno 250 Powered By Coca-Cola

Nationwide Camping World Truck
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse
2/19/11 DRIVE4COPD 300 Clint Bowyer Tony Stewart Chevrolet $2,500,865
2/13/10 DRIVE4COPD 300 Kyle Busch Tony Stewart Chevrolet $2,740,505
7/2/10 Subway Jalapeno 250 Powered By Coca-Cola Brad Keselowski Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet $1,455,989
7/3/09 Subway Jalapeno 250 Powered By Coca-Cola Clint Bowyer Clint Bowyer Chevrolet $1,568,584
2/14/09 Camping World 300 Kevin Harvick Tony Stewart Chevrolet $2,649,171
7/4/08 Winn-Dixie 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Bryan Clauson Denny Hamlin Toyota $1,573,115
2/16/08 Camping World 300 presented by Chevrolet Tony Stewart Tony Stewart Toyota $2,640,772
7/7/07 Winn-Dixie 250 Jason Leffler Kyle Busch Chevrolet $1,552,701
2/17/07 Orbitz 300 Aric Almirola Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $2,596,288

Race Capsule

What: Race 17 of 36 on Sprint Cup circuit
Where: Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
When: SATURDAY July 2, 2011 TNT 7:49 pm EDT
Laps: 160
Track Length: 2.5 miles
Race Length: 400.00 miles

Sprint Cup
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

2/20/11 Daytona 500 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Trevor Bayne Ford $18,693,533
2/14/10 Daytona 500 Mark Martin Jamie McMurray Chevrolet $18,549,893
7/3/10 Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola Kevin Harvick Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $6,147,546
2/15/09 Daytona 500 Martin Truex Jr. Matt Kenseth Ford $18,865,586
7/4/09 Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola Tony Stewart Tony Stewart Chevrolet $6,332,752
2/17/08 Daytona 500 Jimmie Johnson Ryan Newman Dodge $18,689,238
7/5/08 Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola Paul Menard Kyle Busch Toyota $6,284,969
2/18/07 Daytona 500 David Gilliland Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $18,391,423
7/7/07 Pepsi 400 Jeff Gordon Jamie McMurray Ford $6,202,439

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Advance - Daytona
June 28, 2011 , DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance
Coke Zero 400
Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, July 2, 2011

DODGE AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY

· Dodge has nine Sprint Cup wins at Daytona International Speedway (four in the Daytona 500 and five in the Coke Zero 400).

· Dodge’s Kurt Busch earned victories at the season opening Bud Shootout and Gatorade Duel at Daytona earlier this season. Busch is seeking his first Sprint Cup point’s win on a restrictor plate track. He has three runner-up finishes in 21 starts at Daytona.

· Dodge has earned nine poles at Daytona. Five of the nine have been during the July event.

DODGE NEWS AND NOTES

· Dodge won its second Sprint Cup Series race of the season last weekend at Infineon Raceway and the second Cup Series win in the last four races.

· Dodge’s Kurt Busch is the only Sprint Cup Series driver who has been in the top-10 in the driver point standings all season (16 races).

THE DODGE BOYS

· Dodge has 209 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.

· Dodge’s most recent win came last weekend at Infineon Raceway. Kurt Busch led 76 of the 110 laps en route to victory in the Save Mart 350. The victory was the second for Dodge in 2011.

· Dodge teams have posted 49 victories since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.

· Dodge has posted wins each season since its return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).

· Dodge claimed two Sprint Cup victories in 2010.

· A Dodge has started from the pole in four of the last five Sprint Cup races – Brad Keselowski (Charlotte) and Kurt Busch (Kansas, Pocono and Michigan).

DID YOU KNOW

· Dodge’s Kurt Busch has finished in the top 10 in eight of the last 10 Sprint Cup races at Daytona and has the fifth- best average finish (13.8) in the last six Sprint Cup races at the 2.5-mile track. In 42-career Sprint Cup restrictor-plate races, he has 16 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes.

· Dodge’s Brad Keselowski earned his first Sprint Cup Series win at a restrictor-plate track (Talladega – 2009).

· The 2011 Daytona 500 produced a record number of leaders (22) and lead changes (74). It also produced a record number of cautions (16).

INSIDE THE NUMBERS

· Kurt Busch has led 274 laps in the last four Sprint Cup races: (Kansas (152), Pocono (37), Michigan (9) and Infineon (76). In the first 12 races, he led 123 laps with a best finish of fourth (Charlotte). He’s finished outside the top 10 only once in the last five races (Michigan – 11th).

FROM THE ENGINEER

"The Daytona 500 in February was fast, the Amp Energy 500 in April at Talladega was faster. Who knows how fast this restrictor plate race will be. The rules package in effect for Sprint Cup restrictor plate tracks this season is geared for faster races than we've seen in more than 10 years. That may not have been the original intent but it's certainly been the result. Teams will be very busy this week trying to find grip on a typically slick, Daytona in July, track to keep up with somebody in the garage that's found the speed we saw at both restrictor plate tracks this spring."
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

ODDS AND ENDS

· Dodge’s Brad Keselowski and Kurt Busch have each earned a Sprint Cup pole and race win this season.

· Brad Keselowski is one of three drivers outside the top-12 in the driver point standings with a win.

· Kurt Busch has a current streak of 10 consecutive years with a race win – the second longest active streak behind Tony Stewart (12 years).

· Kurt Busch has gained five positions in the Sprint Cup driver standings in the last five races.

· Since 2005, Busch has the fourth-best driver rating at Daytona (96.4).

2011 SPRINT CUP SERIES SEASON BEST

· Kurt Busch Start: 1st (Kansas, Pocono & Michigan)
Finish: 1st (Infineon)

· Brad Keselowski Start: 1st (Charlotte)
Finish: 1st (Kansas)

· Robby Gordon Start: 30th (Daytona)
Finish: 16th (Daytona)

DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY BEST

· Kurt Busch Start: 3rd (2011)
Finish: 2nd (2003, 2005 & 2008)

· Brad Keselowski Start: 16th (2011)
Finish: 24th (2009)

· Robby Gordon Start: 3rd (2003)
Finish; 6th (2003 & 2008)

ON TWO-CAR DRAFTING AT DAYTONA
“We’ll see how the track has matured since the repave and what the grip level will be like. It’s going to be hot and slick because it’s July in Florida. We’ll see if we can still hook up in that two-car draft. The grip level was extremely high in February. I anticipate the grip to be good this time around. If so, you’ll see two-car drafting just like we had in February.”
Kurt Busch, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

DODGE MOTORSPORTS QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“With the Speedweeks that we had in February, we’re excited to head back to Daytona because Kurt is such a great plate racer. We won the (Gatorade) 125. We won the (Budweiser) Shootout. We want to get Kurt a restrictor-plate point’s win. The restrictor-plate engines at Penske are awesome. The guys are working really hard on the cars. I feel good about it. I feel like we can go win. Our testing is paying dividends and everyone on this Shell/Pennzoil Dodge team is working their butt off. We just need to keep the momentum going and go get us a win at Daytona.”
Steve Addington, crew chief, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

DODGE QUOTES
“We certainly want to finally win us one of these things (restrictor-plate race), that’s for sure. But, we still have to keep focus on this season and what it’s going to take to move forward in the effort to make the Chase this year. We need to win races because that will be so important come September. At the same time, we have to stay consistent in posting the top-five finishes and top-10s. The bottom line is that we have to go after those race wins as hard as we can, but still exercise conservatism, if you want to call it that. Unlike the guys back there in 15th to 20th in the points who can gamble on fuel mileage and roll the dice out there in every race, we have to look at it as the big goal of completing all the laps and getting the best possible finish we can in every race.”

Kurt Busch, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

“Our Miller Lite Dodge was really fast at Daytona in February. We’re bringing really fast cars to the race track and we feel that we have a shot to win every week.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Advance - Daytona
June 29, 2011 , DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
Subway Jalapeno 250
Friday, July 1, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Starts: 154

Wins: 12

Top Fives: 65

Top 10s: 92

Poles: 8

Laps Led: 1,963

Average Start: 15.1

Average Finish: 12.7

Career Highlights:

· Keselowski’s last NASCAR Nationwide Series win came at Gateway last fall (19 races).

· He is the reigning NASCAR Nationwide champion.

· Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR champion last season.

· In 2010, set career-bests in wins (6), top five’s (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).

· Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway.

· First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).

KESELOWSKI AT DAYTONA

· Keselowski is making his eighth career Nationwide Series start at Daytona International Speedway.

· Highest starting position: 1st (2010)

· Highest finishing position: 4th (2010)

· Average starting position: 10.1

· Average finishing position: 13.7

· Laps Led: 70

DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES

· Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski claimed the driver’s title.

· Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year from the Penske Racing stable. Sam Hornish Jr. joins teammate Keselowski for a limited race schedule in 2011. Hornish will not compete this weekend at Daytona.

· Dodge has 34 wins in the Nationwide Series, seven of which came in 2010.

DID YOU KNOW

· In 24 restrictor-plate starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has one win and one pole along with four top five and six top-10 finishes. His only Nationwide restrictor-plate win came at Talladega Superspeedway at the spring race in 2010.

THE NUMBERS

· Dodge’s Brad Keselowski is seeking his first Nationwide win and pole of the season. He started and finished second at Texas earlier this year, both season bests.

· Keselowski’s earned the pole at last year’s summer Nationwide race at DIS. His teammate Parker Kligerman claimed the No. 2 starting spot, making it an all-Dodge Challenger front row. It was the first race at the 2.5-mile track for the “new car” in the series.

STAT OF THE WEEK

· Dodge’s Brad Keselowski has two top-five and three top-10 finishes in eight Nationwide Series starts at Daytona.

DODGE QUOTES:

“There are a lot of things that I’m proud to have accomplished since I began running in the Nationwide Series, but I haven’t been able to win at Daytona. If there is one goal that I still have, it’s a Daytona win. I’ve had cars capable of winning on several occasions. That is encouraging because I feel that if we keep putting ourselves in position to win, we’ll get there. We had a fast car in February and got caught up in an accident. This Discount Tire Dodge team is capable of winning on any given weekend. Hopefully, we can break through on Friday.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge

FROM THE CREW CHIEF:
“After our fourth-place run at Talladega earlier this year, I’m ready to get back down to Daytona. We’ve massaged on that Talladega car a bit – I feel like we’ve made some gains – and we’re taking it this weekend. The two-car draft is going to be a huge part of the racing again. It’s almost like we’re going stag to the prom since we’ll be down there without a teammate. But there will be plenty of good cars with odd numbers of teammates too. They know Brad is a good plate racer, so we shouldn’t have a problem finding someone to work with.”
Todd Gordon, crew chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - Daytona
June 30, 2011 , DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes
Kurt Busch Open Interview
Coke Zero 400

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T)

YOU GOT YOUR FIRST ROAD COURSE WIN LAST WEEK AT INFINEON, NOW ON TO DAYTONA: “It was a great win for our Shell/Pennzoil Dodge. To be able to bring it home at a road course was event that much sweeter. Neat stuff all the way around with winning. It helps us with padding or creating that insurance policy, so to speak, in making the Chase this year. To get a win over the years and keep adding to that was great. But just the overall team perspective, to win, it’s just great to know that we know that we’re doing the right things on the race car to make it fast. To be able to execute with a perfect plan last week, I think the only two cars to do the two-stop strategy were the Penske cars. It was awesome that we had that fuel mileage and the speed to carry it through and do that.

“Coming into the Coke Zero 400, it’s a great sponsor of ours with Coca-Cola on the team and we want to try and get a check mark off the list which is to win a restrictor-plate, points-paying race. It’s the same car we ran here at Daytona in February. It was a top-five finishing car. We had a great Speedweeks. Not much has changed with the rules package or throughout the garage area as far as the competition side. So, we’re hoping that we’ll have that strong car like we did back here in February and put our Dodge up front and see what we can do in that two-car draft to bring it on home first this time.”

WHAT IS YOUR VIEW ON DRIVERS SELF-POLICING WHAT HAPPENS ON THE TRACK? “Road course racing gets tougher every year at Sonoma. At Watkins Glen, we see the packs give a little more appreciation for one another on double-file restarts and not roughing each other up. It seems like at Sonoma it gets rougher and tougher each year. To be up front and stay out of the mayhem, that was a goal of ours. I learned over the years that I could be running fourth or fifth and you’re in a vulnerable spot for someone to take a shot at you. Does it carry over to the next week? It’s always there. Drivers never forget. It seems like each year that you go to those restrictor-plate races that you have your friends that you’re going to draft with and then you have those guys that you’ve had some run-ins with that you don’t necessarily want to draft with. But what ends up happening in this two-car draft scenario is wherever you come out on pit road after a pit stop and if you haven’t teamed-up with someone, you might end up drafting with someone that might be on that list that you don’t like, but you have to do the best that you can do to win. You got to put your differences aside for the short term.”

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON THE TWO-CAR DRAFT? “It’s necessary right now. To win, you have to have speed in that two-car draft. Anytime that you can tell a driver that he’s going to be four-seconds faster a lap and he’s got a shot at winning, then he has to do that. And so that’s what everybody is doing – this two-car draft. I’m for it. It’s what it takes to win right now. As this track gets older, as Talladega gets older and as we maybe see rules changes come about, we won’t see the two-car draft as prominent. But right now, it is and it’s what it takes to win.”

CAN YOU TELL US WHO PATRICIA DRISCOLL IS AND HAS YOUR PERFORMANCE AT ALL BEEN AFFECTED BY ANYTHING IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE THIS YEAR? “There’s been a lot going on behind the scenes. Obviously, when you win people want to take you down and that’s happened this week. I’ve got some notes and things that I’ve put together and all I really want to say about that is that drivers sometimes have a beef with certain media members or different ones of the print or broadcast media. Things are reported, generally speaking. The majority of our journalists are hard working, responsible individuals who like us, are trying to do their jobs the best way that they can. I appreciate that. I also appreciate the fact, until now, the media has been extremely professional in respect to my personal situation with Eva and I. And, although all those in the NASCAR community have been aware, for some time now, that we’re no longer together and that we are legally separated…why do we go through this process? It’s been tough. The upcoming weeks, we’ll work toward formally terminating our marriage. We do so with the most respect for one another and we’ll always be friends. With that, I’m happy to answer any other questions about the racing side of it. It’s just the personal side is just that.

“There are things going on at the personal level. There are things personal with the team that’s been well documented. Like I’ve said, performance on the track is always the best antidote for putting all that aside. I think the way that we’ve handled the situation of this sport; we’re really good at respecting one another. I’m happy that I’m an athlete in a sport that really cares about writing about our sport versus writing about our personal lives. The other sports get into the professionals lives in a very personal way and I’m glad that I’m in the NASCAR world to work with you guys and to respect that as well. It’s tough. We’re an entity, but I’m still a person.”

CONVENTIONAL WISDOM BEFORE THE SEASON, WAS IT WAS GOING TO TAKE ONE WIN TO GET INTO THE CHASE; ONLY ONE DRIVER HAS ONE WIN IN SPOTS 11-20. WHAT’S YOUR TAKE ON THAT? “I think over the years we’ve seen guys get into the Chase without wins and that’s what this wild card was meant to do, that the 11th and 12th place group of cars have been running consistent, but we want to see the winner’s in there. We want to put a bonus together for the guys that win. Right now, we’re supporting that No. 2 car as much as we can. We want to see (Brad) Keselowski in that wild card group because he’s got a win, but right now he’s 12 points on the outside looking in. It’s an insurance package to have that one win and right now, we’re ahead of a lot of guys. Even if we start to struggle in points with overall finishes, we still have that one win to boost us ahead of quite a few guys that don’t have those wins.”

DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN GET IN THE WILD CARD BIRTH WITH ONE WIN? “At this point, yes. But the problem is that there is 10 weeks to go and there are 10 opportunities for guys to get that one win. Kevin (Harvick) with his three wins has a great opportunity – he can cruise on easy street. If guys still add up those wins and he doesn’t have those points buffer, it can get interesting pretty quick. Ten weeks to go with one win, we feel pretty solid.”

WITH THE WIN NOW, IS THERE LESS PRESSURE ON YOUR TEAM? WILL YOU DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT? “There’s a little less pressure, but we’re not going to do anything different to change the game. We still want to win. We want to compete for wins and most importantly, that’s done with competitive cars that are leading laps. It’s been cool the last five weeks to lead the most laps at two events. That definitely gives us the confidence that we’re heading in the right direction. We know that there are still certain areas that we can improve and make ourselves even that much more of a threat once the Chase begins.”

WHAT WAS THE SPARK THAT TURNED AROUND THE RECENT PERFORMANCE AT PENSKE? “We asked everybody at the roundtable discussion this Tuesday, which was a very positive meeting, from where our meetings were, on what is that one thing. None of us could come up with one thing. It was little bits here and there and everywhere. Even Walt Czarnecki was in the meeting personally and we had some of the other executive who were there to slap high-fives for a great win and a good momentum run right now. There’s just not one thing that we can point at that has helped us improve. It’s been a wide range of things.”

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON NEW ASPHALT AT DAYTONA VERSUS THE OLD SURFACE? “Last year, it was very interesting with the old surface and still being so focused on handling and making sure that you could keep your car wide open throughout the entire race track. The big bump between turns 1 and 2 was still and issue. It was that old school ‘who can slide it the best’ and this time around, we have that grip in the asphalt still.

“It’s still fresh. We’ll be able to hold it wide open quite easily. We’ll be connected in that two-car draft. Just coming in today and just working on radios and to have radio communications with other teams has been the big thing instead of sitting there worrying about your setup and what you’re going to bolt on you car for that handling package. Right now, it’s just about raw speed, very different from just 12 months ago.”

IS THERE A TRACK ON THE CIRCUIT THAT HAS FRUSTRATED YOU AS MUCH AS DAYTONA? “This place has been good for speed and opportunities to win and yet, I’ve still been the bridesmaid three times in the Daytona 500. I haven’t had quite the success in the 400 here. I’m looking forward to it. There’s a track named Martinsville in Virginia that I just struggle at. I just can’t find the one niche there. I won there years and years ago, but since then, it’s just been a struggle trying to find the right amount of turn versus grip. I’d say Martinsville is my toughest track.”

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – Keys for Success – Coke Zero 400
Published on July 1, 2011 by Official Release

Friday, July 1, 2011

Dodge Motorsports PR

Coke Zero 400

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

KEYS FOR SUCCESS: Coke Zero 400

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Friday, July 1, 2011) – Each race weekend, selected Dodge Motorsports engineers, Penske Racing engineers and crew chiefs, drivers or engine specialists give their insight on the ‘Keys for Success’ for the upcoming race. This week, Howard Comstock, NASCAR Program Manager – Dodge Motorsports provides the keys for Saturday night’s Sprint Cup race.

Track: Daytona International Speedway (Race 17 of 36 in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)

Race: Coke Zero 400 (160 laps / 400 miles)

Trivia Question: Dodge’s Kurt Busch has led 6,775 laps in his career. How many laps has he led on superspeedways? (Answer below)

HOWARD COMSTOCK (NASCAR Program Manager, Dodge Motorsports Engineering)

2-by-2: “It looks like two-by-two racing is back. Yesterday in practice, teams got out there and immediately felt that the two-by-two format still works. If you remember back to February, the only reason two-by-two racing seemed to work is because the track was so smooth that cars could hooked-up all the way through the corners. The track is still absolutely tabletop smooth. I have every expectation that we’re going to see two-by-two racing all weekend.”

Stay Cool: “If the cars are going to run two-by-two all race, a big key will be cooling. Will you be able to keep the car cool enough, long enough, when you’re the second car in the two-car draft? Teams got a lot of experience when we were here in February and they took that experience home and started working on parts for the cars to be able to “push” longer before they overheat and have to switch. If you can get just one more lap before the switch, it will be huge. If you can go four laps without switching and it’s a 200-lap race, that’s 50 changes. If you can go five laps without switching, then it’s 40 changes. We saw in February how the lap times slow down on the lap that the cars made the switch – three second slower. If you can do fewer switches, you’ll be way ahead of the game.”

Trivia Question Answer: Busch has led 4,646 of 6,775 laps on superspeedways (68%).

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NASCAR NATIONWIDE Results

Last Updated: Friday, Jul 1, 2011 10:54 pm, EDT
Subway Jalapeno 250 Powered By Coca-Cola

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 47/4 100 1 $79,100 Chart
2 Jason Leffler (38) Chevrolet 42/0 100 0 $60,193 Chart
3 Reed Sorenson (32) Chevrolet 42/1 100 1 $44,068 Chart
4 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 41/1 100 1 $29,800 Chart
5 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 39/0 100 0 $31,868 Chart
6 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 38/0 100 0 $29,118 Chart
7 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 37/0 100 0 $32,853 Chart
8 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 38/2 100 31 $28,063 Chart
9 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 36/1 100 1 $25,868 Chart
10 Danica Patrick (7) Chevrolet 35/1 100 13 $26,093 Chart
11 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 33/0 100 0 $25,018 Chart
12 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 32/0 100 0 $24,093 Chart
13 Tony Stewart (9) Chevrolet 32/1 100 4 $18,050 Chart
14 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 31/1 100 22 $17,075 Chart
15 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 29/0 100 0 $25,843 Chart
16 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 28/0 100 0 $17,050 Chart
17 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 28/1 100 7 $16,975 Chart
18 Kevin Harvick (4) Chevrolet 27/1 100 13 $19,650 Chart
19 Jeffrey Earnhardt (141) Chevrolet 25/0 100 0 $15,725 Chart
20 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 24/0 100 0 $22,793 Chart
21 Tim George Jr. (21) Chevrolet 23/0 100 0 $15,475 Chart
22 Trevor Bayne (16) Ford 22/0 100 0 $21,818 Chart
23 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 21/0 100 0 $23,068 Chart
24 Josh Wise (39) Ford 20/0 100 0 $21,543 Chart
25 Kevin Conway (87) Toyota 19/0 100 0 $22,043 Chart
26 Joe Nemechek (97) Toyota 18/0 100 0 $14,825 Chart
27 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 18/1 100 5 $21,143 Chart
28 Blake Koch (81) Dodge 16/0 100 0 $21,368 Chart
29 Derrike Cope (28) Chevrolet 15/0 100 0 $20,843 Chart
30 Danny Efland (107) Chevrolet 14/0 99 0 $14,550 Chart
31 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Dodge 13/0 98 0 $20,588 Chart
32 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 12/0 96 0 $20,453 Chart
33 Kevin Lepage (52) Chevrolet 11/0 92 0 $20,343 Chart
34 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 11/1 80 1 $13,765 Chart
35 Dennis Setzer (70) Dodge 9/0 69 0 $20,128 Chart
36 Jennifer Jo Cobb (113) Ford 8/0 56 0 $13,625 Chart
37 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 7/0 43 0 $20,058 Chart
38 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 6/0 41 0 $13,535 Chart
39 Ricky Carmichael (30) Chevrolet 5/0 34 0 $19,963 Chart
40 Charles Lewandoski (40) Chevrolet 4/0 29 0 $13,430 Chart
41 Mike Harmon (174) Chevrolet 3/0 29 0 $13,370 Chart
42 Carl Long (168) Chevrolet 2/0 4 0 $13,320 Chart
43 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 1/0 3 0 $13,253 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Final - Daytona
July 1, 2011 , DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Friday, July 1, 2011

Dodge Motorsports PR
Subway Jalapeno 250
NASCAR Nationwide Series
Dodge Post-Race Quotes

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished 17th
“We had a fast, fast Discount Tire Dodge Challenger tonight. We ran a good race. We just didn’t get the finish that we wanted. We led a bunch of laps. I had to work through some adversity with the flat tire during the second caution; we were under yellow and heading to the green. We fell back to 33rd, but caught a break and stayed on the lead lap. We got another quick caution and didn’t have to pit. That got all of our track position back. From there, it was just typical back-and-forth, restrictor-plate racing. We got our Discount Tire Dodge up front at the end when it counts, but just couldn’t get the finish we wanted. That’s the way this restrictor-plate racing goes sometimes. It gets so crazy out there at the end that you’re just trying to hang on and get your car to the front.”

AFTER THE FIFTH CAUTION FLAG, KEVIN HARVICK LED THE FIELD TO GREEN, YET BACKED UP TO GET THE TWO-CAR DRAFT WITH YOU: “Kevin’s a heck of a race car driver and he lost (Clint) Bowyer earlier in the race. He was kind of hung out there on his own. He’s a really smart race car driver and we still had 12 laps or so to go. He made a good move for both of us and once we got together, we were really fast. We could have driven right up to the front, but it just didn’t work out. It’s a shame. We had two fast cars. A few more laps together and I think we would be in victory lane right now.”

SEVEN LAPS TO GO, YOU AND HARVICK WERE HOOKED-UP ON THE RESTART, THEN WHAT HAPPENED? “Somehow, we lost the No. 4 car (Harvick) and I’m not sure what happened. I don’t know if someone checked up in front of us or what happened. The next thing I know, we were moving backwards. I need to go back and watch the replay. It’s too bad. We were really fast together.”

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Friday, Jul 1, 2011 7:39 pm, EDT
Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 182.065
2 Trevor Bayne (21) Ford 182.002
3 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 181.624
4 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 181.583
5 David Ragan (6) Ford 181.320
6 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 181.240
7 Andy Lally (71) Ford 181.039
8 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 180.995
9 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 180.948
10 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 180.934
11 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 180.894
12 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 180.781
13 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 180.752
14 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 180.748
15 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 180.745
16 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 180.661
17 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 180.581
18 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 180.571
19 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 180.549
20 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 180.469
21 Landon Cassill (51) Chevrolet 180.343
22 Kevin Conway (97) Toyota 180.310
23 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 180.296
24 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 180.242
25 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 180.173
26 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 180.040

27 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 179.856
28 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 179.853
29 Mike Skinner (60) Toyota 179.784
30 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 179.734
31 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 179.651
32 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 179.616
33 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 179.605
34 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 179.433
35 Geoff Bodine (135) Chevrolet 179.261
36 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 179.229
37 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 179.083
38 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 178.855
39 David Gilliland (34) Ford 178.646
40 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 178.618
41 Terry Labonte (32) Ford 178.586
42 Mike Bliss (7) Dodge 177.904
43 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 179.087
44 Tony Raines (37) DNQ 178.363
45 J.J. Yeley (46) DNQ 175.750

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This Week in Dodge Motorsports -- Week of June 27, 2011

This Week in Dodge Motorsports is a video recap of weekend motor sports events in NASCAR, the Nationwide series and other competitions under the Chrysler LLC banner.

Busch's Dodge Dominant in Victory at Sonoma; Moves to 4th in Points Villeneuve Runs Third at Road America.

Dodge's Kurt Busch earned his 23 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win today in dominant fashion leading a race high 76 of 110 laps and putting Dodge in victory lane for the first time this season. Busch's winning margin of four-seconds over second-place driver Jeff Gordon was never in jeopardy and continued a month-long hot streak that now includes three pole positions and a race win.

Busch's win vaulted the 2004 series champion three positions to fourth in the Cup Series driver point standing where he sits only 34 points the leader. Busch's win at the 1.99-mile, 12-turn road course of Infineon Raceway was his first-career road course win and his first since the Coke 600 in May of 2010. Busch had been winless in 10-career road course starts at Infineon.

After dominating Friday practice, the driver of the "Double-Deuce" struggled in qualifying where he posted the 11th fastest lap of the session. With track position always a key at Infineon, Busch would need fast racecar and great race strategy to contend for a win. He got both. The fastest car all day, Busch drove the front of the field and never looked back.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 12:11 am, EDT
Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 David Ragan (6) Ford 47/4 170 15 $302,425 Chart
2 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 43/1 170 14 $239,061 Chart
3 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 41/0 170 0 $178,050 Chart
4 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 41/1 170 19 $163,958 Chart
5 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 40/1 170 11 $170,691 Chart
6 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 39/1 170 1 $153,761 Chart
7 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 38/1 170 16 $160,711 Chart
8 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 37/1 170 5 $117,350 Chart
9 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 36/1 170 2 $143,483 Chart
10 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 34/0 170 0 $142,186 Chart
11 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 34/1 170 1 $143,783 Chart
12 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 32/0 170 0 $128,464 Chart
13 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 32/1 170 4 $145,450 Chart
14 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 31/1 170 6 $141,000 Chart
15 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 30/1 170 1 $123,433 Chart
16 David Gilliland (34) Ford 28/0 170 0 $114,633 Chart
17 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 27/0 170 0 $126,991 Chart
18 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 27/1 170 1 $111,025 Chart
19 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 26/1 170 1 $103,425 Chart
20 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 24/0 170 0 $145,611 Chart
21 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 24/1 170 3 $102,500 Chart
22 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 23/1 170 1 $128,414 Chart
23 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 23/2 170 25 $137,950 Chart
24 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 21/1 170 4 $118,145 Chart
25 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 19/0 170 0 $118,958 Chart
26 Landon Cassill (51) Chevrolet 18/0 169 0 $102,483 Chart
27 Andy Lally (71) Ford 17/0 169 0 $100,050 Chart
28 Terry Labonte (32) Ford 16/0 169 0 $98,472 Chart
29 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 16/1 169 1 $88,200 Chart
30 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 15/1 169 1 $87,025 Chart
31 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 13/0 168 0 $111,695 Chart
32 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 13/1 164 3 $85,225 Chart
33 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 12/1 164 15 $101,825 Chart
34 Robby Gordon (7) 10/0 163 0 $84,950 Chart
35 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 10/1 162 16 $92,775 Chart
36 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 9/1 162 3 $129,733 Chart
37 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 8/1 144 1 $130,441 Chart
38 Geoff Bodine (135) Chevrolet 6/0 143 0 $84,300 Chart
39 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 5/0 47 0 $84,175 Chart
40 Mike Skinner (60) Toyota 4/0 5 0 $84,000 Chart
41 Trevor Bayne (21) Ford 3/0 4 0 $84,875 Chart
42 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 2/0 2 0 $83,725 Chart
43 Kevin Conway (97) Toyota 1/0 1 0 $84,093 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NSCS Race Final – Daytona
Published on July 2, 2011 by Official Release · No Comments

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dodge Motorsports PR

Coke Zero 400

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Sprint Cup Post-Race Quotes

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 14th “Incredible. Our Shell/Pennzoil Dodge was fast tonight. It’s a different style racing out there and your approach to how you attack the race is so much different. We could run up front and lead laps. We could settle in the back of the pack and just ride. And when we needed to make a run to the front, we could do that as well. Once you find your ‘dancing partner’, it’s so hard to change. There were so many long green-flag runs that your strategy had to be to stick with your partner and ride.

“It’s a tough deal getting collected in that wreck. Regan (Smith) and I were making our move and then I just saw smoke and cars spinning in front of us. I was just about to miss it on the high groove, but got clipped and that nearly ripped the entire driver-side door off. We had to come in under caution and make some repairs; that cost us all of our track position. To restart 20-something and come home with a 14th-place finish is amazing. Not to mention that I did it flying through the grass sideways! A decent point’s night for us. You just never know how these things are going to end.”

STEVE ADDINGTON (crew chief, No 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger) “This is some strange racing. After we got collected late in that big wreck, I was going to stay out despite having half a door. But then NASCAR called us in under caution and made us fix the driver side door. We dropped back to restart 26th or so on the restart and it’s amazing that we ended up 14th. Kurt drove a great race. We got hooked-up with the 78 (Regan Smith) and just rode around all night. So much of this kind of racing is out of your control. You just try and put yourself in position to have a shot at winning at the end. We just got caught up in the wrecks. Our Shell/Pennzoil Dodge was fast. We had a great car. We’ll take a 14th and head to Kentucky.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 15th “Eventful is a great word for what went on out there those last few laps. I’m happy to bring home a decent finish with the Miller Lite Dodge in one piece. We got a little off there about two-thirds of the way through the race and fell behind. We just didn’t get the opportunity to get that track position back. It was a decent finish for us. We wanted a little more. We’ll just work a little harder to get it.

“I had a pretty good push from (Greg) Biffle and we came to the front, but he dropped a cylinder and that hurt us. It’s just one of those days, but to get out of here with a top 15, we’re proud of that.”

ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 34th “We got busted on a pit stop and that hurt us. And, we didn’t get the drafting help we expected. We should have finished at least 27th, but ended up 34th. We’re still in the top 35, so that’s a plus for our team. With a little drafting help, I think we could have finished a little better.”

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford will stay with Fusion in 2013 Cup

Updated Jul 3, 2011
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA.

Ford Racing will continue to run the Fusion when the new Sprint Cup cars hit the track in 2013.

Jamie Allison, director of Ford Racing, said the company looked at different models, including the Mustang, for Cup competition. But, after much consideration, Ford believed it was in its best interest to continue promoting its top-selling car in stock car’s top racing series.

“Initially we submitted a Mustang, even back when we were looking at the Nationwide car,” Allison said. “We were really excited about what happened in the Nationwide Series when we put Mustang in. We saw the interest from the fans, the media — and even a whole swatch of consumers that never really followed NASCAR but loved Mustang started to follow Nationwide and NASCAR because Mustang was in. It kind of gave of a view of what could potentially on a grander scale happen if we moved Mustang into Cup.”

But Ford officials kept coming back to the Fusion.

“The Fusion is so important to our company, it’s our best-selling car, and when we launched the Fusion, we launched it here in NASCAR,” Allison said. “We believe that NASCAR is a platform that can help us compel the fans to the fact that we have an exciting sedan in Fusion, as well as Mustang.”

Ford will continue to run the Mustang in the Nationwide Series, Allison said.

The Fusion replaced the Taurus as the Ford sedan of choice in the Cup Series in 2006.

And when the Car of Tomorrow rollout began in 2007, the Fusion remained the nameplate for Ford.

When NASCAR elected to bring smaller sportier cars to the Nationwide Series for 2010, both Dodge and Ford were at the forefront in design for the project. It was Ford’s hope to maintain the character and heritage of its 47-year-old iconic Mustang brand while producing a competitive race car.

Allison is optimistic Ford will have that same opportunity in developing the new Fusions, in conjunction with Roush Fenway Racing, for 2013.

“It’s a natural thing: You come to a car race and people and fans expect the cars you see to be like the cars that you see on the road,” Allison said. “The good news is the fans have spoken, we have spoken and NASCAR has really listened and the collaboration on the 2013 (car) really has us very, very excited.

“The return of brand identity will be one of those moment in the sport that returns it back to the days where cars were cars. So we’re pretty excited.”

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Standings
Sprint Cup

Rank (+/-) Drivers Total Pts Behind Starts Poles Wins Top 5 Top 10 DNF Winnings

1 +1 Kevin Harvick 586 Leader 17 0 3 6 10 1 $3,302,285
2 -1 Carl Edwards 581 5 17 2 1 9 12 0 $5,167,635
3 +2 Kyle Busch 576 10 17 0 2 9 10 3 $3,323,360
4 - Kurt Busch 570 16 17 3 1 4 9 0 $3,298,901
5 +1 Matt Kenseth 564 22 17 1 2 6 9 2 $3,289,575