Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance- Brickyard 400 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway

INDIANAPOLIS , Jul 20, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance
Brickyard 400
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 25, 2010

1:00 PM ESPN

THE DODGE BOYS

• Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.

• Dodge’s most recent win came at the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch led 252 laps en route to his second victory of the season.

• Dodge claimed four Sprint Cup Series victories in 2009.

• Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.
• Dodge has posted wins each season since it’s return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).

DODGE AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY

• Bill Elliott won the 2002 Brickyard 400 driving the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge. He led 93 laps en route to victory. In doing so, Elliott became the oldest winner at IMS – 46 years, 9 months and 27 days.

• Dodge has earned two poles at Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Elliott Sadler (2005) and Reed Sorenson (2007).

• Dodge NSCS Win at IMS: Bill Elliott, 8/02/2002, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 400 miles, 125.033 avg. speed.

• Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win: Kurt Busch, 05/30/2010, Coca-Cola 600, 144.966 mph avg. speed.

DID YOU KNOW?
• Brad Keselowski will be making his first Sprint Cup start at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend.

• Sam Hornish Jr. won the 2006 Indianapolis 500 driving for Roger Penske. Penske Racing has won the Indianapolis 500 15 times.

• Kurt Bush has been inside the top-10 in driver points since the eighth race of the season at Texas (12 consecutive races). Busch has won a Sprint Cup race nine consecutive years (2002-2010).

• Busch has a career-best finish of fifth at Indianapolis which was earned in his rookie season of 2001. Busch’s career-best starting position at Indy is third which he set during the 2006 season.

KURT BUSCH FOUNDATION
The mission of the Kurt Busch Foundation is to lend meaningful support for the betterment of organizations positively involved in the areas of health care, education, career training and rehabilitation as well as provide assistance to individuals who demonstrate need in these important areas of personal development.

KURT BUSCH – INSIDE THE CHASE NUMBERS

• Busch leads all Sprint Cup drivers in laps led this season with 807 (13.91%).

• Busch is currently fifth in the Sprint Cup standings, 221 points out of first and 253 ahead of 13th.

• Through the first 19 races this year, Busch has two wins, seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes.

• After 19 races in 2009, Busch was fourth in the point standings, 358 behind the leader and 241 ahead of 13th. He posted four top-10 finishes in the final seven races leading up to the Chase.

• Busch has 13 wins at five of the eight tracks hosting events leading up to the 10-race Chase: Pocono – 2, Michigan – 2, Bristol – 5, Atlanta –3, Richmond – 1.

DODGE BOYS NSCS 2010 BEST
• Kurt Busch
Start – Pole (Las Vegas, Michigan)
Finish – Win (Atlanta, Charlotte)

• Brad Keselowski
Start - 6th - Richmond
Finish – 12th (Martinsville, Darlington)

• Sam Hornish Jr.
Start – 2nd (Texas)
Finish – 11th (Pocono)

• Laps Led (Race)
Kurt Busch – 278 (Bristol)

• Laps Led (Total)
Kurt Busch – 807 (leads NSCS)

ENGINEERING TALK
"If you want a unique engineering challenge, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will certainly provide it. Nowhere else do we race on a high-speed rectangle and certainly not on a two-and-a-half-mile track. The straightaways are nearly as long and the corners are nearly as flat as anywhere we race in the series. Very long straights give the drivers high speed entry into the very flat and very tight 90-degree Turn 1 and Turn 3 corners. Being able to carry enough speed into these corners and still get the car to turn will be one of the biggest challenges of the season for the teams."
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

DODGE QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“It's a lot different driving a stock car at Indianapolis. The line is basically the same – you want the car to hit the same points. In Indy cars, you trim the car until you are able to run flat out. In NASCAR, you know that every lap you are going to brake in Turns 1 and 3 as well going into Turns 2 and 4. You can easily upset a stock car by doing the wrong thing.”
Sam Hornish Jr. No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
“Ever since they diamond cut the track, whatever they’ve done to the asphalt surface, I’ve struggled horribly there. Add the Car of Tomorrow and that’s twice as many struggles. Indy has definitely been a tough place for me. The first time I raced there, I got a fifth-place finish and didn’t even know what I was doing. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.”
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Vortex Dodge Charger

“To be the first driver to win the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 would be amazing. We just have to be sure that we position ourselves, do things the right way and make sure we get ourselves to the end of the race. I had a really, really good car there last year and I got caught up trying to go the front too quickly and took us out of contention. Patience will be at the top of my mind this weekend for sure. It would mean the world to me to win my first Cup race at Indy. You couldn't write it any better.”
Sam Hornish Jr., No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger

“You can’t go to the Brickyard without thinking about what the track means not only NASCAR, but to auto racing in general. Being from the Midwestern section of the country myself, I always looked to the spectacle of the Indianapolis 500 and wondered what it would be like to compete there. Now we have the Brickyard 400 for stock cars and it has become one of the most prestigious races in the country as well. There are a lot of thoughts that you have when going to race at Indy and I’m excited to get there for my first race.

“It definitely gives you a sense of pride when you go to Indy as a member of Penske Racing. You look at everything Mr. Penske has been able to accomplish there in open-wheel racing. It would be one of the coolest things I could ever do in a racecar if I could get him his first win in the Brickyard 400.
Brad Keselowski, No 12 Penske Dodge Charger

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Records
Date Series Driver Speed
8/5/00 Sprint Cup Race Bobby Labonte 156.00
8/8/04 Sprint Cup Qualifying Casey Mears 186.293

Sprint Cup Series
Upcoming Race Jul 25
Brickyard 400

Track Facts

Banking/Turns: Quad-Oval
Distance: 2.50 miles
Shape: Quad-Oval

Most Cup Wins (since 1975)

* Jeff Gordon 4

Sprint Cup
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

7/26/09 Allstate 400 at The Brickyard Mark Martin Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $9,603,268
7/27/08 Allstate 400 at The Brickyard Jimmie Johnson Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $9,542,012
7/29/07 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard Reed Sorenson Tony Stewart Chevrolet $9,533,587
8/6/06 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard Jeff Burton Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $9,236,620

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Notes & Quotes - Brad Keselwoski Open Interview - Indy

INDIANAPOLIS

Friday, July 23, 2010

Dodge Motorsports PR
Brickyard 400
Brad Keselowski Open Interview

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger)
CAN YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR TRUCK RACE LAST WEEKEND AT GATEWAY? "We had a great weekend last week going and ran great in the truck race. It was my best truck finish and had some fun with my boys there. I had to figure out a way to run with (Kevin) Harvick because he’s kind of dominating that series. I had a lot of fun last weekend up until the end (of the Nationwide race). I had two competitive race cars. I was just one step away from running the second (one). All and all I was happy with the performance of the weekend, just not the finish. I’m ready to move on to Indy.”

DO YOU THINK THAT THERE IS MORE GOING ON WITH CARL THAT’S PERSONAL AGAINST YOU? “I guess you’d have to assume so, but I’d be naïve to think that understand anything that he feels or thinks because I’m still trying to figure how I feel about it. It’s kind of tough, but I would definitely assume that.”

HAVE YOU TALKED TO CARL? “No I haven’t.”

DO YOU WANT TO TALK TO CARL? “If I feel like it would be productive…obviously whatever talk that we had at Bristol was not necessarily productive, I don’t see why now would be any different.”

ARE YOU SURPRISED THAT YOU WERE PENALIZED? “Not really. I don’t know why….it didn’t seem to really bother me. There were some of my fans that got really upset about it. I did an autograph signing and they were pretty excited about it. I respect that. That’s been the coolest part is to listen to your fan base. To get the emails or phone calls from the fans, even your friends and family to support you makes it a lot easier to deal with. I wouldn’t say surprised. To me, what that says is NASCAR doesn’t want me to go out there and intentionally retaliate against Carl which is great. I don’t want to. I’m glad that they took that away. Now I don’t have to worry about that.”

DO YOU THINK THAT YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG? “I can see why Carl would be upset. You have to remember, being in the car you don’t have the benefit of seeing it on TV. You only see what’s in front of you and all that he knew is that I made contact with him. I can see why he’d be upset. I’m sure he thought that I went down there and intentionally hit him. In fairness, if I was to reverse the situation and I was in Carl’s car, I would have done the best that I could to not have let him pass in (Turns) 3 and 4 and if I did get passed, I would have turned it around to the next week or next opportunity. That’s just reversing the issues, but I’m not Carl.”

DID YOU INTENTIONALLY HIT CARL EARLIER IN THE RACE? “No. I got into the corner and I was inside of him going into (Turns) 1 and 2 by just the smallest of amounts. I just wanted to maintain it and just slipped a tiny bit and made some contact with him. I tried to make sure that we both saved it and we did. To me that’s just good racing. That’s two race car drivers on edge and that’s what I was trying to allude to in the interview after the race. In my eyes, when we came off the corner we were still in the same spot. I guess that’s why didn’t think it was that big of a deal as some other people did.”

SINCE BRISTOL IS LOOKED LIKE YOU TWO GUYS WERE GETTING ALONG. WAS THAT JUST FOR SHOW? “We’re both pretty happy people outside the race car. Not that I’m unhappy inside the race car, we’re just fierce competitors in it. I have a way of letting go pretty easy on things like that and I’m assuming that based on Carl’s reaction he does too.”

DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU KNOW WHERE THE ‘HAVE AT IT BOYS’ LINE IS NOW? “I think it’s more clearly defined, but not quite defined yet.”

DO YOU HAVE TO RACE ANY DIFFERENTLY? “I don’t think so. I don’t see me doing anything differently. It would be one thing if I was sitting here and admitted that I intentionally got into him, but you can’t be mad at yourself for just racing hard and accidentally running into someone. You’ll never be able to race anyone. I don’t plan on doing anything different.”

ARE YOU SATISIFED WITH NASCAR’S PENALTY TO CARL? “There is no fair penalty. The only thing that makes things fair is to go back in time and reverse it. I’m happy that NASCAR reacted because it’s crucial for the sport. I’m not going to sit out here and say, ‘I think Carl should have gotten this’. To be honest, I’m not focusing that much on him.”

ARE YOU STILL UNCLEAR ABOUT ‘BOYS HAVE AT IT’? “Intentionally wrecking, that’s a big gap from ‘boys have at it’ in my mind. It means something different to everyone. When it was originally said back in January I think we were all wondering how far that went and everyone’s different interpretation to it.”

IS NOT CHANGING THEY WAY YOU DRIVE EASIER SAID THAN DONE? “It’s always easier said than done. For me, I’ve been in several hard wrecks over the last few years, but able to get out and be fine. I got out of the Carl at Gateway and felt fine. To me, I feel pretty good about myself and my physical well being. That’s not to say that a time won’t come where that’s not the case. I feel good from that standpoint. I know that the mentality I have and style that I have has gotten me to where I’m at and I’ve got no plans to change that.”

HAS YOUR DAD COOLED OFF YET? “Ya, a little bit (smiles). My brother thought that it would be funny to put in an entry blank for him. I can tell you he got a lot of sponsorship opportunities. I told someone the other day that I don’t think that he could fit in his old firesuit. It’s kind of cool to see him get fired up. Those who know my dad well will tell you that he yelled just as loud Saturday and Carl as he would have at me. He’s a pretty equal opportunist. I think that he’s cooled down but naturally I think he carries a little resentment.”

DID HE CONFRONT CARL? “I don’t think that he did. If he did that wasn’t something that I saw. I didn’t see the TV part until I got back on my bus. I got held up at the Care Center but I wish I would have seen it.”

DID YOU ANTICIPATE CARL COMING BACK AND RETALIATING? “To be honest, I anticipated him hitting me in the first place and that’s how he passed me. When we were going down the backstretch right after the restart I left him a whole lane on the outside because I figured he was going to go down into Turn 3 and hit me anyways. Again, going back to that Atlanta incident, you try and think if you were (Carl) and my mentality is that I would never intentionally wreck somebody straight into the fence, right-rear quarter panel or whatever style that is. So to me, I gave him the outside for that reason on the first lap and that’s how he passed me in Turn 4. I kind of read that wrong.”

HAVE YOU HAD A CHANCE TO TALK WITH SHELBY HOWARD? “He was running great. I haven’t talked to him. I heard that hurt his foot, but I don’t know if there is any substance to that. I haven’t talked to him but I’m sure that I’ll see him this weekend.”

DO YOU THINK THAT NASCAR SHOULD HAVE ADDRESSED (CARL’S PENALTY) WITH ALL THE OTHER CARS INVOLVED? “I just don’t know how you do it. There is some way to address it, I just don’t know how. It’s very tough for a series where every dollar goes a long ways.”

DO YOU THINK CARL’S ACTIONS ARE PERSONAL? “If that’s not personal I don’t know what personal is. I’m still trying to learn that. I don’t carry anything personal. When I get into the car everyone’s the same other than trying to guess how they’re trying to react to something. I don’t feel like I give preferential treatment out there.”

DO YOU HAVE A SCORE SHEET OF TALLY WITH CARL IN YOUR HEAD? “No, not really. I don’t really do that. I know that there are some people that are one for one, eye for eye. I think that if you look back through our history together, we’ve had run-ins but I don’t really label that at saying, ‘I’m two down, or two up’. I think that it works its way out when you look through the garage, there’s always that one guy that has probably wrecked you than you have him. When you look back at your career it’s probably the opposite with someone else. I think it’s a little childish to keep a scorecard.”

WHAT HAPPENS THIS WEEK IF YOU’RE RACING AGAINST CARL? “Hopefully we win. I’m just going to do what I normally do and that’s try and pass him the best way that I know how.”

DO YOU THINK THAT THOSE DRIVERS WHO DON’T PUSH THE ‘BOYS HAVE AT IT’ MANTRA HARD ENOUGH ARE MISSING OUT ON WINS? “Sometimes, but it depends on the situation. That’s where Jimmie (Johnson) has it so good. He’s got a car that’s so dang fast he doesn’t have to. I think that’s why everyone is so envious of him. It still comes down to the end that you have to have fast race cars. Kurt (Busch) made a pretty cool, aggressive move at Loudon to get by Jimmie, but at the end it was for not because Jimmie was able to go right back by him. He nudged him in the process, but when have fast race cars you’re still capable of winning.”

HAS NASCAR EXPLAINED TO YOU WHAT PROBATION MEANS? “No, not really. I think they kind of gave me a little bit of credit that I have some knowledge of what it means. I don’t think anyone really sat me down and explained it to me. I talked a little bit to Robin (Pemberton) and he basically said that I had a little bit of skin in the game were his words regarding probation. The way that I read it is to not go out and intentionally wreck Carl. Like I said, I think that’s why the penalty really didn’t bug me so much as it was almost a relief as anything else.”

DO YOU THINK THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN THAT EXPECTATION? “Absolutely. It’s almost a relief. It makes me ready to go out there and go racing and not have worry about it.”

WITH ALL THIS TALK ABOUT YOU AND CARL, HOW ARE THINGS WITH YOU AND DENNY HAMLIN? “I think they’re good (laughs). I don’t know. I haven’t been racing around him because he’s been running too good. He’s up front and I need to get up there with him.”

ARE YOU SURPRISED THAT HE TOOK YOUR SIDE? “Ya, I’ve been surprised by a lot of people’s reactions. Most of them on the positive side. I thought his was pretty cool in particular. It’s funny how as a group we all have a way of rallying for what’s best for the sport at key times. I’m glad to see that. And to be clear, intentional wrecking is not good for the sport. It’s good to see that some people will stick up for it. Whether there’s any pre-conceived or prejudice against those involved, it’s cool to see those people step up and say what’s best for the sport.”

WAS THAT A HENDRICK SEAT IN YOUR CAR? “Yes. They’re they safest out there. I had a commitment to safety before I got to Penske and felt like that I had the safest cars in the garage before (I got to Penske) and learned a lot from testing Jeff (Gordon) and Jimmie’s (Johnson) cars. I feel very confident that I have the safest car in the garage. We all have cars, I feel mine are even safer and that’s why I’m here walking and talking to you today.”

HOW CONCERNED ARE YOU ABOUT DRIVERS RACING BACK TO THE START-FINISH LINE AFTER A YELLOW-FLAG IS THROWN? “I thinks that’s one of the most concerning things and I’ve seen that in all three of the major series over the last year. It seems to be a growing trend, not slowing down when there is an accident in front of you. In this case, it magnified my end of the incident. Looking toward the future, I see it magnifying more accidents before we can break that mentality. I’m not sure what has happen there. There have been more than several incidences this year…even on the Cup side…with the (scoring) loops it doesn’t even matter. The yellow (flag) will come out and five or six cars will just driver right by you. You know there’s a wreck in front of you. You know something’s wrong. You might not see it, it’s just concerning to see it happen.”

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Sam Hornish Jr. Open Interview - Indy

INDIANAPOLIS , Friday, July 23, 2010

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger)
CAN YOU TALK ABOUT COMING BACK TO INDY AGAIN AND DRIVING FOR ROGER PENSKE? “Roger (Penske) really cares a lot about the speedway. He’s been coming here since he was a kid. To have an opportunity to drive for Roger in both IndyCar and NASCAR has been an honor. Being a former (Indy) 500 winner there’s nothing more that you want to do than come back here and win again. To have the opportunity to be the first person to win in both an Indy car and Cup car would be really neat to do. Juan Pablo (Montoya) was pretty close last year. A lot of people say that if you run well at Pocono you should be able to run well here and we ran pretty good up there earlier this year. I’m just looking forward to getting out there. I always enjoy coming back to the speedway. You get to come back to the museum and check out the old cars and see how different they use to do it, 30, 40, 50 years ago and what some of the guys got into. What it looked like then was pretty advanced as compared to what they look like today. Looking at them now they look a little bit scary sometimes. It’s definitely a good time to be a race car driver. It’s neat to come out here.”

WHAT KIND OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT WOULD IT MEAN IF JIMMIE JOHNSON WIN THREE RACES IN A ROW HERE? “Jimmie’s pretty good at getting on a roll and keeping going. I think that it’s definitely a difficult race to win not matter what kind of car that you’re in. They’ve got as good as shot at winning as anybody. When the Car of Tomorrow came out it’s kept the box a lot tighter for what you can do. So when you get that little bit of an advantage it’s easier to keep it as compared to the old car. They definitely found what worked well when the new car came in and that’s how you become successful at racing.”

HOW NICE IS IT TO BE HERE IN INDY FOR THREE DAYS VERSUS THREE WEEKS? “I grew up coming out here a couple times a month watching the races and just being a fan of it. Now in May, I get to turn on the TV and watch and be fan like being a kid again. Coming back here for three days makes it less nerve wracking for me, a lot less pressure. I enjoy that it’s not so long. You have a couple practice sessions here, you can go over to the museum and see people that you haven’t seen in a while and it’s nice. The three week thing was great, but then that first half-hour all the pressure would come back because you want to be fast every day. Whether it was Fast Friday, Pole Day or Carb Day, there was always some kind of pressure.”

WHERE DO YOU FEEL THAT YOUR PROGRESSION IS AT THE CUP LEVEL? ARE YOU DISAPPOINTING THAT YOU’RE NOT CONTENDING FOR A CHASE SPOT? “That’s where I want to be for sure. We’ve had some ups and downs this year. The year started out pretty well for us. The spoiler threw us for a loop. Ever since we’ve had the spoiler versus the wing it seems like we qualify a lot better.
We’ve been qualifying in the top 12 every weekend, but for whatever reason every time that we start a race, we’re way too tight. It takes us the first-half to three-quarters of the race to get the car back handling again. If we’re lucky enough to stay on the lead lap or keep ourselves in contention to stay on the lead lap we can try and finish in the top 15. You can’t run your races like that. We’re still trying to figure out how to get through that to keep ourselves from having that first-half of the race where the car’s way too tight and you can’t do anything but to hold on and keep working on it to make it better. The things that we’ve tried so far haven’t worked.”

DO YOU EXPECT TO BE BACK HERE NEXT YEAR IN A STOCK CAR? INDY CAR? “I don’t know yet. I’d like to be here in a stock car that’s for sure. Everybody’s talking about a big bonus if could win both the Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600 on the same day and I remember getting out of the car after the 600 and thinking that you’d have to be stupid to go run 500 miles before you jumped in (a stock car) because it was so hot. I think that once those things roll around and you an opportunity to get into two good cars and go do both, there are people that would jump up and do it if there was a bonus for it. Nobody’s ever won both of those races in a lifetime let alone in the same day.”

DO YOU HAVE ANY UPDATES ON NEXT YEAR? “No updates as far as I’m concerned yet. I definitely like to be back in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. I’m going to try and do that, but there are definitely things tough with the economy and trying to find full-time sponsors. We’re going to do whatever we can do to make that happen and get back in Sprint Cup. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to take a look around at something else. I think that we have some great opportunities to make that happen.”

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Sunday, Jul 25, 2010 2:16 am, EDT
Brickyard 400

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 182.278
2 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 182.142
3 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 181.803
4 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 181.748
5 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 181.741
6 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 181.517
7 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 181.353
8 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 181.251
9 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 181.210
10 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 181.156
11 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 180.883
12 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 180.730
13 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 180.571
14 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 180.426
15 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 180.382
16 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 180.357
17 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 180.260
18 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 180.249
19 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 180.220
20 Landon Cassill (71) Chevrolet 180.213
21 Robby Gordon (7) Toyota 180.155
22 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 180.047
23 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 179.845
24 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 179.791
25 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 179.591
26 Paul Menard (98) Ford 179.497
27 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 178.962
28 David Ragan (6) Ford 178.916
29 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 178.891
30 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 178.884
31 Bill Elliott (21) Ford 178.845
32 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 178.838
33 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 178.834
34 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 178.781
35 Max Papis (13) Toyota 178.621
36 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 178.377
37 Michael McDowell (55) Toyota 178.341
38 Travis Kvapil (37) Ford 178.013
39 Todd Bodine (164) Toyota 177.890
40 Dave Blaney (66) Toyota 177.578
41 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 175.562
42 Kevin Conway (34) Ford 175.179
43 Jacques Villeneuve (132) Toyota 177.466
44 David Gilliland (38) DNQ 176.783
45 Casey Mears (36) DNQ 176.626
46 David Stremme (26) DNQ 176.236
47 J.J. Yeley (46) DNQ -

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, Jul 25, 2010 5:32 pm, EDT
Brickyard 400

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 190/5 160 16 $438,877 Chart
2 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 175/5 160 5 $352,424 Chart
3 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 170/5 160 38 $300,000 Chart
4 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 160/0 160 0 $255,975 Chart
5 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 155/0 160 0 $259,821 Chart
6 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 150/0 160 0 $228,463 Chart
7 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 151/5 160 1 $230,596 Chart
8 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 142/0 160 0 $227,054 Chart
9 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 138/0 160 0 $219,438 Chart
10 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 134/0 160 0 $215,121 Chart
11 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 135/5 160 10 $187,000 Chart
12 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 127/0 160 0 $207,424 Chart
13 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 124/0 160 0 $197,163 Chart
14 Paul Menard (98) Ford 121/0 160 0 $164,275 Chart
15 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 118/0 160 0 $172,225 Chart
16 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 115/0 160 0 $192,074 Chart
17 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 112/0 160 0 $188,477 Chart
18 Bill Elliott (21) Ford 109/0 160 0 $148,225 Chart
19 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 106/0 160 0 $178,608 Chart
20 David Ragan (6) Ford 103/0 160 0 $159,600 Chart
21 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 100/0 160 0 $176,008 Chart
22 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 102/5 160 1 $202,743 Chart
23 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 94/0 160 0 $191,899 Chart
24 Travis Kvapil (37) Ford 91/0 160 0 $164,396 Chart
25 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 88/0 160 0 $161,296 Chart
26 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 85/0 159 0 $143,025 Chart
27 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 82/0 158 0 $150,200 Chart
28 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 79/0 157 0 $173,054 Chart
29 Jacques Villeneuve (132) Toyota 76/0 157 0 $137,725 Chart
30 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 73/0 157 0 $148,975 Chart
31 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 70/0 150 0 $139,650 Chart
32 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 77/10 145 86 $186,179 Chart
33 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 64/0 135 0 $143,675 Chart
34 Kevin Conway (34) Ford 66/5 124 1 $138,050 Chart
35 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 58/0 89 0 $177,121 Chart
36 Robby Gordon (7) Toyota 55/0 68 0 $149,871 Chart
37 Todd Bodine (164) Toyota 52/0 59 0 $134,675 Chart
38 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 49/0 55 0 $142,825 Chart
39 Landon Cassill (71) Chevrolet 51/5 52 1 $134,450 Chart
40 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 48/5 33 1 $134,375 Chart
41 Dave Blaney (66) Toyota 40/0 20 0 $134,225 Chart
42 Michael McDowell (55) Toyota 37/0 19 0 $134,125 Chart
43 Max Papis (13) Toyota 34/0 15 0 $134,513 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Standings
Sprint Cup

Rank (+/-) Drivers Total Pts Behind Starts Poles Wins Top 5 Top 10 DNF Winnings

1 - Kevin Harvick 2745 Leader 20 2 2 8 13 0 $3,954,046
2 - Jeff Gordon 2642 103 20 0 0 10 11 2 $3,403,143
3 - Jimmie Johnson 2557 188 20 1 5 8 11 4 $4,205,450
4 +1 Denny Hamlin 2542 203 20 0 5 7 8 0 $3,326,008
5 -1 Kurt Busch 2524 221 20 2 2 7 11 0 $4,413,201
6 - Kyle Busch 2488 257 20 2 2 5 9 1 $3,565,763
7 +1 Jeff Burton 2465 280 20 0 0 4 9 0 $2,947,844
8 -1 Matt Kenseth 2446 299 20 0 0 4 8 0 $3,100,093
9 - Tony Stewart 2389 356 20 1 0 4 9 1 $2,948,536
10 +2 Carl Edwards 2345 400 20 0 0 2 8 2 $2,907,945
11 -1 Greg Biffle 2292 453 20 0 0 2 10 2 $2,758,162
12 +2 Clint Bowyer 2286 459 20 0 0 2 10 2 $2,522,354
13 -2 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2271 474 20 1 0 2 6 0 $3,005,053
14 -1 Mark Martin 2249 496 20 1 0 5 6 3 $2,547,488
15 +2 David Reutimann 2190 555 20 0 1 4 4 3 $2,989,164
16 -1 Ryan Newman 2187 558 20 1 1 2 6 4 $2,793,575
17 -1 Kasey Kahne 2166 579 20 1 0 5 7 3 $3,102,444
18 +1 Jamie McMurray 2105 640 20 3 1 5 6 3 $4,248,625
19 -1 Joey Logano 2103 642 20 1 0 2 7 2 $2,787,855
20 - Martin Truex Jr. 2060 685 20 1 0 1 4 2 $2,285,889
21 - Juan Pablo Montoya 2044 701 20 1 0 4 8 6 $2,792,058
22 - A J Allmendinger 2021 724 20 1 0 0 3 2 $2,572,419
23 - Paul Menard 1981 764 20 0 0 1 3 1 $2,011,904
24 - Scott Speed 1838 907 20 0 0 0 2 0 $2,136,187
25 +1 David Ragan 1836 909 20 0 0 0 1 1 $2,009,599
26 -1 Brad Keselowski 1830 915 20 0 0 0 0 4 $2,384,705
27 +1 Elliott Sadler 1750 995 20 0 0 0 0 2 $1,954,064
28 -1 Marcos Ambrose 1739 1006 20 0 0 0 2 7 $2,298,549
29 - Sam Hornish Jr. 1695 1050 20 0 0 0 0 2 $1,931,724
30 - Regan Smith 1599 1146 20 0 0 0 0 3 $1,918,314
31 - Bobby Labonte 1467 1278 20 0 0 0 0 4 $1,862,164
32 - Robby Gordon 1383 1362 18 0 0 1 1 4 $1,976,949
33 - Travis Kvapil 1303 1442 19 0 0 0 0 2 $1,801,673
34 - David Gilliland 1260 1485 16 0 0 0 0 1 $1,570,677
35 - Kevin Conway 1233 1512 19 0 0 0 0 2 $1,657,097
36 - Brian Vickers 1158 1587 11 0 0 0 3 2 $1,579,832
37 - David Stremme 825 1920 11 0 0 0 0 2 $946,775
38 - Mike Bliss 799 1946 11 0 0 0 2 6 $1,083,395
39 - Joe Nemechek 763 1982 19 0 0 0 0 18 $1,558,619
40 - Max Papis 736 2009 16 0 0 0 0 9 $1,355,865
41 - Dave Blaney 622 2123 16 0 0 0 0 14 $1,148,701
42 - Casey Mears 599 2146 8 0 0 0 0 2 $878,989
43 +2 Bill Elliott 500 2245 7 0 0 0 0 1 $709,279
44 -1 J.J. Yeley 491 2254 8 0 0 0 0 5 $630,029
45 -1 Michael McDowell 471 2274 13 0 0 0 0 12 $1,076,233
46 +1 Reed Sorenson 435 2310 7 0 0 0 1 3 $651,355
47 -1 Boris Said 399 2346 5 0 0 0 1 2 $636,920
48 - Robert Richardson Jr. 249 2496 3 0 0 0 0 1 $524,460
49 - Michael Waltrip 200 2545 3 0 0 0 0 2 $486,063
50 - Todd Bodine 169 2576 5 0 0 0 0 4 $345,109
51 - Terry Cook 164 2581 3 0 0 0 0 2 $240,170
52 - Aric Almirola 154 2591 4 0 0 0 0 4 $330,573
53 - Johnny Sauter 154 2591 4 0 0 0 0 4 $308,612
54 - Steve Park 129 2616 1 0 0 0 0 0 $100,400
55 - Jan Magnussen 127 2618 1 0 0 0 0 0 $92,500
56 - Mattias Ekstrom 105 2640 1 0 0 0 0 0 $118,023
57 +2 Landon Cassill 95 2650 3 0 0 0 0 2 $151,440
58 -1 Scott Riggs 79 2666 1 0 0 0 0 0 $72,575
59 -1 Andy Lally 52 2693 1 0 0 0 0 1 $69,625
60 - John Andretti 49 2696 1 0 0 0 0 1 $286,779
61 - Geoff Bodine 40 2705 1 0 0 0 0 1 $63,045
62 - P.J. Jones 40 2705 1 0 0 0 0 1 $71,025
63 - Tony Raines 37 2708 1 0 0 0 0 1 $93,129
64 - Chad McCumbee 37 2708 1 0 0 0 0 1 $62,890

Sprint Cup Series
Latest Race Jul 25
Brickyard 400

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Race Final - Brickyard 400

INDIANAPOLIS , Jul 25, 2010 - Sunday, July 25, 2010

KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Vortex Dodge Charger) Finished 10th
"We really had to grin and bear that one. The car was good early on and we came up through the pack. We got some damage on one of the restarts (second to last). These double-file restarts are tough. I didn’t know how bad the damage was. We might have finished better, but under the circumstances, that’s all we had today. Two tires was the way to go, but somebody apparently checked up in Turn One and I got into the car in front of me and got hit from behind. They were square hits to the front and back, but there was enough damage that I couldn’t be aggressive at the end. The car wasn’t handling. We’ll take it. All we had at the end was a 10th.That’s probably the hardest 10th we’ve had all year,”

STEVE ADDINGTON (Crew Chief, No. 2 Miller Lite Vortex Dodge Charger)
“We were loose yesterday in practice, so we overcompensated with our setup for the race. We were able to make changes early and get back up through the field. We took a gamble on two tires which gave us good track position (fifth), but somebody checked up on the restart in Turn One and we ended up with damage to the nose of the Miller Lite Dodge. The nose pushed in didn’t help us at all. From there, Kurt just couldn’t go anywhere, get around anybody. Under the circumstances, it was a good solid point day.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger) Finished 19th
"A solid run for our Penske Dodge. We really recovered from what should have been a long day. We kept fighting and clawing and that's a great feeling. We got a bunch if debris in our grill and the car started to overheat really bad. We had to make extra pit stops to get our front end cleaned off. Then I thought I had tire problems and pitted again, so it was a busy day. We threw everything we had at it today. It could have been a lot worse, so we'll take a top 20."

HOW MUCH DID THE TRACK CONDITION AT THE START OF THE RACE SURPRISE YOU? “It surprised us a lot. A slippery race track, dirty air and cars all bunched together, it was a handful those first 15 laps for sure."

HOW DO YOU SAY ABOUT YOUR FIRST RACE AT INDY? “Just an awesome experience. I can't think of another like it. I can't wait to get back here next year. Racing a stock car at Indy is just way too cool."

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger) Finished 30th
"A tough start pretty much cemented our fate today. I was just trying to let things sort out at the start of the race when the 18 got loose. I went underneath him...no point driving behind him...not sure if he clipped us or got into somebody else, but I got clipped in the right-rear. I tried to keep it from spinning out, but just needed twelve inches to keep it off the wall. It sucks. We work so hard and looked forward to racing here. We don't make it half a lap before trouble finds us."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts