Most Cup Wins (since 1975)

* Jimmie Johnson 5
* Bobby Allison 5

Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

5/16/10 Autism Speaks 400 Martin Truex Jr. Kyle Busch Toyota $5,769,505
5/31/09 Autism Speaks 400 David Reutimann Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $5,912,707
9/27/09 AAA 400 Jimmie Johnson Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet $5,273,330
6/1/08 Best Buy 400 Greg Biffle Kyle Busch Toyota $5,864,924
9/21/08 Camping World RV 400 presented by AAA Jeff Gordon Greg Biffle Ford $5,233,851
6/4/07 Autism Speaks 400 Ryan Newman Martin Truex Jr. Chevrolet $5,781,700
9/23/07 Dodge Dealers 400 Jimmie Johnson Carl Edwards Ford $5,132,767
6/4/06 Neighborhood Excellence 400 Ryan Newman Matt Kenseth Ford $5,667,009
9/24/06 Dover 400 Jeff Gordon Jeff Burton Chevrolet $5,028,146

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance - AAA 400 - Dover International Speedway

DOVER, Del. , Sep 21, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance - AAA 400
Dover International Speedway
Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010

DODGE AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
• Dodge has five wins at Dover: Richard Petty (2), Ryan Newman (3).
• Petty gave Dodge its first Dover victory at the 1974 Delaware 500. He led 491 of the 500 laps.
• Dodge has earned 12 pole positions at Dover. The first by Bobby Isaac (129.538 mph) in 1970 and most recent by Ryan Newman (152.925 mph) at the spring event in 2007.
• Kurt Busch finished fifth in both races at The Monster Mile last year.

THE DODGE BOYS
• Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.
• Dodge’s most recent win came at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch led 252 of 400 laps en route to victory in the Coca-Cola 600.
• Dodge has claimed two Sprint Cup victories in 2010.
• Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.
• Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Dover: Ryan Newman, 9/26/2004, MBNA 400, 119.067 avg. speed.

DODGE IN THE CHASE: DOVER
• 2004: Dodge earned its first Chase victory as Ryan Newman led 325 laps en route to victory. Dodge started 1-2 with Chase contender Jeremy Mayfield earning the pole and Newman starting second. Mayfield finished seventh.
• 2005: The three Chase-eligible Dodges of Jeremy Mayfield, Ryan Newman and Rusty Wallace finished in the top-seven with Wallace leading the way in third.
• 2006: Kasey Kahne was only Chase-eligible Dodge driver. He finished 38th after being involved in an early-race mishap.
• 2007: Kurt Busch was the Dodge representative in the Chase. He qualified fourth and finished 29th.
• 2008: There were no Dodges in the 2008 Chase field.
• 2009: Kurt Busch and Kasey Kahne were the Dodge representatives among the elite 12. Busch finished fifth and Kahne eighth in the second race of the 2009 Chase.

DODGE MOTORSPORTS QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Dover will always be such an extraordinary track for me that holds such significance as far as my career goes. If you would have told me years ago that we’d be coming back into Dover after all these races without a win, I would have said, ‘Man, you’ve gotta be kidding me.’ We’ve had so much success at Bristol, the other high‐banked concrete track, you’d think we’d been able to win on the bigger one‐mile oval.”
Kurt Busch – No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger

KURT BUSCH – INSIDE THE CHASE NUMBERS
• Competing in the Chase for the Sprint Cup for the fifth time: 2004 – Champion, 2005 – 10th, 2007 – Seventh and 2009 – fourth.
• Busch currently sits sixth in Chase to the Sprint Cup championship standings, 86 points behind the leader.
• Through 27 races this season, Busch has two wins along with eight top-five and 15 top-10 finishes.
• Has competed in 60 Chase races since 2004, 41 of those have been in a Dodge Charger, with 15 top-five and 32 top-10 finishes.
• Busch seeks his first Sprint Cup win at Dover. His best finish of fourth came in September 2006.
• Busch started 12th and finished 19th at Dover earlier this year.
• In 20 races at Dover, Busch has led 325 laps with four top-five and six top-10 finishes. He has an average starting position of 11.2 at The Monster Mile with an average finish of 19.65.
• At the 10 tracks hosting a Chase event, Busch has 156 starts with nine wins along with 38 top-five and 70 top-10 finishes.

KURT BUSCH – CHASE TRACKER
Track Qualified Finish Pos. Behind +/-
Loudon 12th 13th 6 -86 -1

DID YOU KNOW?
• Three drivers have driven Dodge to a championship in NASCAR’s premier series: David Pearson – 1966, Bobby Isaac – 1970 and Richard Petty in 1972, 1974 and 1975.

ENGINEERING TALK
“Last week, the Chase started at Loudon, a one-mile flat track. This week, the 12 drivers have the challenge of Dover, another one-mile track. No problem, right? Nothing could be farther from the truth. The flat, tight, slow corners of Loudon give way this week to the high-banked, wide-open and very- fast corners of Dover where drivers talk about how the car "lands" on entry to Turn 1 and Turn 3. The engineering challenge this week is to maintain the incredibly high straightaway speeds through the high-banked corners at the Monster Mile."
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
“I’ve said all along that these next two races – this weekend’s race at Dover and the following week at Kansas – look to be our huge challenges during the Chase. Based off what we saw there in the spring race, Dover may just be the biggest hurdle that our Miller Lite Dodge Team faces.

“It’s all about consistency during the entire 10‐race stretch; logging those top‐fives and top‐10s. That’s definitely our goal heading into Dover this weekend. We need to come out of there on Sunday with another notch added to one of those columns.”
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger

“Goodyear changed the tires around a little bit for this weekend, so hopefully we will get a better idea of where we need to be on Friday. I really like Dover; it's a fun track. It feels like one of the fastest tracks on the circuit and it’s definitely one of the most physical places we run at as well.
Usually when someone wrecks at Dover, they get loose coming off the corner and slide up towards the wall. When the car slows down, they come back down the track. Everyone tries to guess where the car will go and inevitably more cars get involved in the accident. It can be like a domino effect. It's a lot like a speedway race because there aren't too many places to hide when trouble happens in front of you.”
Sam Hornish Jr. No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger

“I really think I am getting more and more confident on the Cup side. That’s probably the most important thing that having a year in Cup has given me. I feel like I can go out the first lap in practice and drive my car a lot harder than I used to. Everything just seems like it has become slower for me and that gives me a better feel for everything.”
Brad Keselowski, No 12 Penske Dodge Charger

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance - Dover 200 - Dover International Speedway

DOVER, Del. , Sep 22, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance - Dover 200
Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010

DODGE NUGGETS
• Dodge’s Justin Allgaier is fourth in the series point standings, best among full-time, Nationwide-only drivers. Allgaier leads fellow Nationwide-only driver Trevor Bayne, currently ranked seventh, by 401 points.
• With 27 races completed in the 2010 season, Penske Racing’s two NASCAR Nationwide Series Dodge entries have recorded six poles, five wins along with 25 top-five and 36 top-10 finishes.
• Dodge is seeking its first NASCAR Nationwide Series championship.

JUSTIN ALLGAIER – No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge
Highlights:

• Earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series victory earlier this year at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 finish for Penske Racing and Dodge.
• Allgaier has one win along with six top-five and 14 top-10 finishes in 26 Nationwide races in 2010.
• He is currently fourth in the season point standings, best among full-time Nationwide Series-only drivers.
• Qualified 29th and finished 16th at the spring event at Dover.
• Average finish in three Nationwide starts at Dover is 17th.
• Won the 2008 ARCA championship.
• Was the 2009 Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year.

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge
Highlights:

• Currently leads the Nationwide Series standings by 373 points over Carl Edwards. He has led the standings since his win at Talladega in April.
• At the spring race at Dover, Keselowski qualified third and led three laps en route to a seventh-place finish.
• In seven career Nationwide starts at Dover, Keselowski has one win, three top-five and six top-10 finishes.
• Earned back-to-back wins at Talladega and Richmond and has four wins in 2010.
• His 2010 Nationwide Series totals, in addition to four wins, include 19 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes. He has only one finish outside the top 15 (Chicago – 21st).
• Has a NASCAR record 94 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish).

DID YOU KNOW
Dodge’s Brad Keselowski leads Carl Edwards by 373 points in the Nationwide Series standings. The largest deficit overcome with eight races remaining in the series is 320 points (Larry Pearson – 1986).

DODGE NATIONWIDE QUOTES
“Dover is a great race track. It’s a concrete surface, which is something that has obviously been very kind to us here lately. It’s a fast track, and every time you drive off into the corners, it’s equivalent to the height of a one or two-story building. It’s a place where you’re never able to relax. Even the straightaways are very demanding at Dover.”
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger

“Dover and Bristol are alike and different in several ways. They are alike in the sense that they both have elevation changes, and both are concrete tracks and have a lot of banking. Probably the biggest difference between the two is the way that they take rubber. They take rubber so differently that it changes the groove throughout the race. Dover is also a bit faster and the track is a bit rougher than Bristol, especially since it was resurfaced not long ago.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger

“Dover is an awesome race track, but it can give you fits. It’s really demanding on your equipment. They call it the ‘Monster Mile’ for a reason. In Brad, we have a driver that loves the challenge of racing at Dover, so if I do my job and give him a capable car, I’m confident he can win again.”
Paul Wolfe, crew chief, No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Friday, Sep 24, 2010 5:09 pm, EDT
AAA 400

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed
1 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 155.736
2 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 155.642
3 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 155.353
4 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 155.320
5 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 155.052
6 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 155.032
7 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 155.032
8 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 154.825
9 Paul Menard (98) Ford 154.765
10 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 154.699
11 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 154.619
12 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 154.619
13 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 154.593
14 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 154.533
15 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 154.520
16 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 154.414
17 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 154.367
18 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 154.347
19 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 154.228
20 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 154.123
21 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 154.083
22 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 154.037
23 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 154.017
24 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 153.998
25 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 153.741
26 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 153.721
27 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 153.682
28 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 153.662
29 David Ragan (6) Ford 153.656
30 Travis Kvapil (34) Ford 153.322
31 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 153.302
32 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 153.211
33 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 153.048
34 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 152.990
35 David Gilliland (38) Ford 152.957
36 J.J. Yeley (81) Dodge 152.944
37 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 152.562
38 Mike Bliss (55) Toyota 152.433
39 Landon Cassill (71) Chevrolet 152.355
40 Kevin Conway (7) Toyota 150.301
41 Tony Raines (37) Ford 149.701
42 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet -
43 Michael McDowell (46) Dodge 151.796
44 Jeff Green (26) DNQ 151.675
45 Josh Wise (164) DNQ 150.546
46 Ted Musgrave (66) DNQ 149.483

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Final Qualfiying - Dover 2

September 24, 2010 , DOVER, Del.

- KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Qualified 9th
"A solid run for us. We did a good job keeping up with a hot, slick race track. We improved from our practice qualifying run to our actually qualifying lap. It's tough when it's this hot. I noticed that I couldn't get back to the throttle fast enough. I got back in the gas between Turns 3 and 4 and our Miller Lite Dodge just wouldn't come back down the track quick enough. I was waiting for the front-end to stop sliding and when you have to do that, it costs you about a tenth of a second. To be inside the top 10 is pretty solid.

HOW MUCH DOES THIS HEAT PUT YOUR CAR ON A FINE LINE TODAY? "A lot. It's like you get the front a little bit too tight or you're a little bit too loose in the rear of the car. Ten years ago today was my first Cup qualifying attempt and I was 10th. Ten years later and I'm ninth. It took me 10 years to improve one position (laughs)."

WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT THAT FIRST QUALIFYING ATTEMPT 10 YEARS AGO? "It was out of control. I remember driving the John Deere car into the corners as deep and hard as I could because that's what I thought that you needed to do. Afterward, Dale (Earnhardt Sr.) came up to me and said, 'Son, I didn't think you were going to lift heading into the corner.' Maybe after 10 years, I learned that you don't have to overdrive the corners here."

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger) Qualified 22nd
"Not a bad lap for the Mobil 1 Dodge. Just a little bit too free on landing coming out of the corner. I just couldn't stick with it like I wanted to. The car is just moving around a lot more than I want it to. This tire that Goodyear brought is just a lot more flexible and it really never feels like your stable. We're trying to get use to that and figure out what's too much. Track conditions are going to change throughout the weekend with the weather cooling off a bit. We'll keep tuning on it and get ready for Sunday."

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge Charger) Qualified 32nd
"We gained very little today. The track will be way different on Sunday. Hopefully, the changing conditions will allow our car to race better. That just wasn’t what we were looking for with our Penske Racing Dodge.”

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - Dover 2

September 24, 2010 , DOVER, Del.

- KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger)
HOW WAS YOUR CAR IN PRACTICE TODAY? “This was an interesting practice session today. We unloaded the Miller Lite Dodge on the loose side. We’ve got the car turning well. We just have to make sure that we don’t slide the rear end too much coming off the corner. When the track rubber’s in, it’s a lot tougher to get the car to turn. We’ll see how it shakes out. The weather conditions are going to continue to improve. It’s going to get cooler tomorrow and even cooler on Sunday. We’re right in the mix for qualifying. It was the tightest group of cars that I’ve seen in a long time for qualifying practice. A quick time was a 23.20 (seconds) and I rolled a 23.29 and was 15th. That’s nine-hundredths of a second with 15 cars in that group. It’s pretty close.”

WERE YOU SHOCKED WHEN YOU HEARD THE PENALTY TO THE 33 TEAM? “I wasn’t shocked of the penalty as far as the crew chief being suspended and the 150 points. NASCAR set that tone right out of the box. What’s happened here is that somehow the car made it through initial inspection back at the (NASCADR) R & D Center, and then made it though inspection at the race track on Friday morning. It made it though again on Sunday morning. And then, when it gets back to the R&D Center on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, it has an issue. Was it from the wrecker pushing it back to victory lane? No. I love Richard Childress to death; they’re a great group of guys. They deserve to win when they have good cars. It’s really odd on how NASCAR has put them in this position to where a car can pass tech and then shows up later on and doesn’t pass tech. For the whole garage area, everyone is pushing the envelope; everybody is on the edge. This is the Chase. This is NASCAR. This is what it is in the final 10 weeks. He said, she said, we can speculate. One of the scenarios that I looked at was OK, they had that car at Richmond that was questionable and if he would have been docked at Richmond 150 points, Ryan Newman would be in the Chase and not Clint Bowyer. If I was Tony Stewart, I’d be raising hell. You can look at it a lot of different ways. It’s tough for me to call anybody a cheater. Everybody is racing, pushing the envelope. Those guys won the race and it was found to be not true.”

DO YOU AGREE WITH DENNY HAMLIN THAT THIS WAS GOING ON FOR MONTHS WITH THE 33 TEAM? “I don’t agree with that. I’ve seen the turnaround with the RCR cars with six races to go last year. I was like, ‘Man, those guys are going to be tough next year.’ They didn’t put any car in the Chase in 2009 and here they are with three teams ready to win a championship. They’ve done a great job turning their program around. We can’t say that they’ve done it for months, they’ve been strong since last September.”

ARE YOU SURPRISED AT HOW AGGRESSIVE THE CHASE DRIVERS WERE LAST WEEKEND AT LOUDON? “It was an amazing race with all the Chase drivers running each other the way that they were and acting as if they needed every five, four or three points as far as positions go. Dover, you have to race the race track more here. This is a little bit of a Darlington mentality. That’s where I need to go back to race the race track, don’t worry about other Chase guys. If we finish seventh and there are a few Chasers ahead of us, hey, we’ve got eight more after that.”

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON TWEAKING THE CHASE FORMAT? “If I could wave my magic wand, the only thing that I think about is the 12 chaser’s need a different point system. Whether you’re the first Chase guy and get 12 points, whether you’re the last Chase guy and get one (point), that could be a scenario. One bright idea that I has last week, since we had to go out first in qualifying, is maybe we should bulk the Chase guys together in qualifying. All of us should go out first and have the rest of the top 35 and then the go-or-go-homers at the end.”

SHOULD TEAMS BE WORRIED WHO PUSH THEIR CAR SETUP RIGHT TO THE EDGE? “It’s really a tough scenario and tough to give you a definitive answer. I would say that at Penske Racing and what Roger’s (Penske) philosophy is that we stay within the rules. We need to skirt the grey area. We need to be very genuine and put our best effort forth and come across the best that we can for our sponsors each and every day the legal way.”

DO YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE WHO YOU RACE AROUND ON SUNDAY? “You have your list all the time with guys that you can race with and guys that are heated with you. You always have to know where you are on the race track and who’s around you. It’s like Jeff Burton and I talked and he said, ‘Man, did I pinch you down last week?’ I was like, ‘Yeah you did’. But I expected that hard racing. This is the Chase. This is where positions matter. He was appreciative of how I said that I expected to be raced hard. (Jeff) Burton did say that. He said that he normally wouldn’t race somebody that hard. It gets back to 2005 when I was a Roush team guy and had (Matt) Kenseth leading the race and he wouldn’t give me the five bonus points for leading a lap. It’s cut throat. We’re all out there racing hard and you have to know who’s around you.”

HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN ABLE TO IDENTIFY WHY THE 2 CAR HAS STRUGGLED AT KANSAS? “I can’t figure it out. I have two tracks that I don’t have a top five finish; Chicagoland is one of them and Kansas is the other. I can blame Chicago on too many Cubs’ games (laughter). I don’t know what it is about Kansas. The year that I won the championship, I finished sixth. It’s a flat mile-and-a-half that reminds me of Las Vegas when it was built and flat. It’s just tough combination when you go to tracks just once a year. You feel like you play catch-up most of the weekend and if you unload fast, you’re tough to chase down.”

WITH KANSAS GETTING TWO RACES NEXT YEAR, DO YOU THINK THAT WILL HELP YOU? “That should help us. We’re going to settle in and we’re going there knowing that it’s the home for Sprint. You can’t shy away from a tougher challenge. That’s where this group on this 2 car has always put up the best fight that they can. We know that we’re up against a tough race track and we’ll give it our best effort.”

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, Sep 26, 2010 3:08 am, EDT
Dover 200

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress
1 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 195/10 200 192 $46,320 Chart
Busch set a single-season record for wins in the Nationwide Series, taking the checkered flag for the 11th time in only 23 races on Saturday at Dover International Speedway.Busch was tied with Sam Ard for the previous record with 10 wins. Busch also won 10 races in 2008, matching the record Ard set in NASCAR’s second-tier series in 1983.

2 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 175/5 200 3 $33,400 Chart
3 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 165/0 200 0 $26,225 Chart
4 Reed Sorenson (32) Toyota 160/0 200 0 $30,318 Chart
5 Kevin Harvick (33) Chevrolet 155/0 200 0 $20,700 Chart
6 Trevor Bayne (99) Toyota 150/0 200 0 $26,368 Chart
7 Paul Menard (98) Ford 146/0 200 0 $18,510 Chart
8 Jason Leffler (38) Toyota 142/0 200 0 $24,238 Chart
9 Justin Allgaier (12) Dodge 138/0 200 0 $24,293 Chart
10 Ryan Newman (1) Chevrolet 139/5 200 5 $18,675 Chart
11 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 130/0 200 0 $24,243 Chart
12 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 127/0 200 0 $23,118 Chart
13 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 124/0 200 0 $25,618 Chart
14 Erik Darnell (16) Ford 121/0 200 0 $22,893 Chart
15 Michael Annett (15) Toyota 118/0 200 0 $23,668 Chart
16 Brendan Gaughan (62) Toyota 115/0 200 0 $22,743 Chart
17 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 112/0 200 0 $16,400 Chart
18 Mike Bliss (40) Chevrolet 109/0 200 0 $22,618 Chart
19 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 106/0 199 0 $22,568 Chart
20 Willie Allen (05) Chevrolet 103/0 198 0 $23,668 Chart
21 Kelly Bires (09) Ford 100/0 197 0 $22,468 Chart
22 Kenny Wallace (28) Chevrolet 97/0 197 0 $22,368 Chart
23 Marc Davis (23) Chevrolet 94/0 197 0 $22,693 Chart
24 Tony Raines (34) Chevrolet 91/0 196 0 $22,243 Chart
25 Joe Nemechek (87) Chevrolet 88/0 196 0 $22,643 Chart
26 Mark Green (70) Chevrolet 85/0 196 0 $22,143 Chart
27 Jason Keller (35) Chevrolet 82/0 196 0 $22,493 Chart
28 Michael McDowell (81) Dodge 79/0 194 0 $22,043 Chart
29 Eric McClure (24) Ford 76/0 194 0 $21,968 Chart
30 Morgan Shepherd (21) Chevrolet 73/0 140 0 $22,218 Chart
31 Elliott Sadler (88) Chevrolet 70/0 132 0 $15,395 Chart
32 Drew Herring (27) Ford 67/0 131 0 $21,803 Chart
33 Jeremy Clements (104) Chevrolet 64/0 122 0 $15,275 Chart
34 Derrike Cope (73) Dodge 61/0 108 0 $15,240 Chart
35 Danica Patrick (7) Chevrolet 58/0 106 0 $21,678 Chart
36 Tim Andrews (179) Ford 55/0 77 0 $15,185 Chart
37 Danny O'Quinn Jr. (90) Chevrolet 52/0 21 0 $15,165 Chart
38 David Gilliland (91) Chevrolet 49/0 20 0 $15,100 Chart
39 Josh Wise (10) Toyota 46/0 17 0 $15,075 Chart
40 Johnny Chapman (89) Chevrolet 43/0 4 0 $15,020 Chart
41 Brian Keselowski (26) Dodge 40/0 3 0 $14,995 Chart
42 Dennis Setzer (92) Dodge 37/0 2 0 $14,955 Chart
43 Jeff Green (136) Chevrolet 34/0 1 0 $14,898 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Race Final - Dover International Speedway

DOVER, Del. , Sep 25, 2010

- JUSTIN ALLGAIER (No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger) Finished Ninth
“The Verizon Dodge guys did a great job all day. We felt we found some stuff toward the end of practice yesterday and thought it would be good for the start of the race, but unfortunately it didn’t have the lateral grip, side bite we needed to keep the pace they were running. We tried to hold our own there at the beginning, but unfortunately, we lost too many spots. We got the car fixed and back where we needed to be, but we had lost a lot of track position. It was a great job in the pits by the guys; they did a great job all day long. It’s unfortunate we finished ninth, we felt like we could have finished a little higher than that. Obviously, the 18, 20 and 60 were in a league of their own today. I don’t know where we would have ended up, but I think track position is so important here. It’s a top-10 finish and we didn’t lose too many points to all these guys.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger) Finished 17th
"Just a little bit of an off-day for our Ruby Tuesday Dodge today. The same thing happened to us in the spring and I'm really not sure why. The car really fell off in the middle of the race for some reason. We just need to go back and figure it out. That's the comfort of having a nice point lead. When you don't have your best day, there's comfort in the lead that you've already built."

WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE CONTACT WITH THE 33? “I looked down at my gauges real quick and everybody had stopped. We caved in the right-front fender and had to come to pit road twice to fix it. That cost us a bunch of track position and with the damage on the front end, a lot of aero too."

DID THE TRACK OPEN UP ONCE IT GOT RUBBERED IN? “No, not really. I thought it may a bit, but it really just stayed pretty much the same."

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Sunday, Sep 26, 2010 4:54 pm, EDT
AAA 400

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress
1 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 195/10 400 191 $0 Chart
2 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 170/0 400 0 $0 Chart
3 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 170/5 400 1 $0 Chart
4 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 165/5 400 3 $0 Chart
5 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 160/5 400 2 $0 Chart
6 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 155/5 400 46 $0 Chart
7 Paul Menard (98) Ford 146/0 400 0 $0 Chart
8 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 142/0 400 0 $0 Chart
9 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 138/0 400 0 $0 Chart
10 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 134/0 400 0 $0 Chart
11 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 130/0 400 0 $0 Chart
12 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 127/0 400 0 $0 Chart
13 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 124/0 400 0 $0 Chart
14 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 121/0 400 0 $0 Chart
15 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 118/0 400 0 $0 Chart
16 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 120/5 400 4 $0 Chart
17 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 112/0 399 0 $0 Chart
18 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 109/0 399 0 $0 Chart
19 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 106/0 399 0 $0 Chart
20 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 103/0 399 0 $0 Chart
21 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 100/0 398 0 $0 Chart
22 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 97/0 398 0 $0 Chart
23 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 94/0 397 0 $0 Chart
24 David Ragan (6) Ford 91/0 397 0 $0 Chart
25 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 88/0 397 0 $0 Chart
26 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 85/0 397 0 $0 Chart
27 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 87/5 397 5 $0 Chart
28 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 79/0 396 0 $0 Chart
29 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 76/0 395 0 $0 Chart
30 David Gilliland (38) Ford 78/5 395 1 $0 Chart
31 Tony Raines (37) Ford 70/0 394 0 $0 Chart
32 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 67/0 393 0 $0 Chart
33 Travis Kvapil (34) Ford 64/0 388 0 $0 Chart
34 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 66/5 383 4 $0 Chart
35 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 58/0 373 0 $0 Chart
36 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 55/0 349 0 $0 Chart
37 Kevin Conway (7) Toyota 52/0 129 0 $0 Chart
38 Landon Cassill (71) Chevrolet 49/0 126 0 $0 Chart
39 Michael McDowell (46) Dodge 46/0 71 0 $0 Chart
40 Mike Bliss (55) Toyota 43/0 60 0 $0 Chart
41 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 40/0 58 0 $0 Chart
42 J.J. Yeley (81) Dodge 37/0 43 0 $0 Chart
43 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 34/0 29 0 $0 Chart

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Race Final - Dover International Speedway

DOVER, Del. , Sep 26, 2010 - KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished Fourth
“The Miller Lite Dodge was a very good race car today. Steve (Addington, crew chief) has helped me a lot here at Dover. We had a pit road speeding penalty and it was my fault. The driver was just too aggressive. I was trying to be right on the edge getting in the pits. That hurt us. That was right at half way and it took us 200 laps to get back up to fourth. I think we were running third when we had the penalty. Who knows if we could have mixed it up there at the end? If we had one more restart, maybe, but it was a good solid top-five finish. This was a tough one and Kansas will be a tough one. I’m real happy with this effort today. We were the third finishing Chase guy, that’s what is most important.”

YOU TOLD STEVE AND YOUR CREW WITH 35 LAPS TO GO THAT YOU WERE GOING TO TURN THE WICK UP. “I was trying for every tenth-of-a-second I could possibly get. We ran our fastest laps then. Maybe I hurt the tires a little bit as we weren’t quite as fast the last 15 laps. We were right in the mix. We made small adjustments all day to stay competitive. The Miller Lite Dodge was a winning car. The driver just messed up today getting into the pits. But we came back and finished fourth.”

STEVE ADDINGTON (Crew Chief, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger)
TALK ABOUT YOUR RUN TODAY? "We just started off way too loose. A great job by everybody on this race team. We worked really hard and just wanted to come out of here with a solid run. We got behind when we got caught speeding on pit road, but that's just the effort of Kurt picking up all the tenths-of-a-second that he can. The crew guys made great stops the rest of the day and we were able to bring home a fourth-place finish in the Miller Lite Dodge.”

KURT PICKED UP 11 SPOTS DURING THAT 100 LAP RUN AFTER THE PIT ROAD SPEEDING INCIDENT. WAS ANYTHING DIFFERENT ON THE CAR? "We'd been loose all day and we just kept chipping at it and finally got a little bit more aggressive with the car. We ended up being the fastest car on the race track at that point. One set of tires didn't have the grip that the others sets did and that's where we got a little bit off."

WEATHER CONDITIONS WERE MUCH COOLER TODAY. HOW MUCH DID THAT AFFECT YOUR TUNE-UP? "Not much. I think that it just made it easier on us sitting on the box and easier on the drivers."

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger) Finished 22nd
"I'm proud of the way we executed today. Our pit stops were great. We had a solid race strategy that allowed us to pick up nine spots from where we started. The No.12 Penske Dodge just lacked speed. That's something we'll work on and continue to get better at the last eight races of the season."

SAM HORNISH JR (No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger) Finished 36th
"A bad day gone worse. I thought that we started out pretty good, but we never could gain track position that we needed. I thought we had a tire issue in the middle of the race and had to come in under green. That cost us some laps. Late in the race, we had an electrical problem under the dash which caused the battery cable to ground out and started a small fire. Just a really strange electrical deal that jumped up and bit us. A tough day that just got worse for the Mobil 1 Dodge."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts