Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Nitro R/T has the NAV/CD/SAT Media Center. I want to change the presets for the FM and SAT radio but I can't figure out how. I've got an Owner's Manual and following the directions it says to push the "Set" button. I might be blind but I'm not seeing a "Set" button on mine. Help mine's already pre set to Hip Hop stations!

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
Do you have the model of the radio in question? Is it a GPS/Media center Uconnect 730N/430 (RER/REN/RBZ) — AM/FM stereo radio and CD/DVD/HDD/NAV or something else?

2007-2010 Dodge Nitro GPS Navigation RER 730N Radio

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
220 UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL
Push the rotary TUNE/SCROLL control knob a third
time and TREBLE will display. Turn the TUNE/SCROLL
control knob to the right or left to increase or decrease the
treble tones.
Push the rotary TUNE/SCROLL control knob a fourth
time and BALANCE will display. Turn the TUNE/
SCROLL control knob to the right or left to adjust the
sound level from the right or left side speakers.
Push the rotary TUNE/SCROLL control knob a fifth time
and FADE will display. Turn the TUNE/SCROLL control
knob to the left or right to adjust the sound level between
the front and rear speakers.
Push the rotary TUNE/SCROLL control knob again to
exit setting tone, balance, and fade.
MUSIC TYPE Button
Pressing this button once will turn on the Music Type
mode for five seconds. Pressing the MUSIC TYPE button
or turning the TUNE/SCROLL control knob within five
seconds will allow the program format type to be
selected. Many radio stations do not currently broadcast
Music Type information.
Toggle the MUSIC TYPE button to select the following
format types:
Program Type
No program type or un-defined
Adult Hits
Classical
Classic Rock
College
Country
Foreign Language
Information
16-Digit Character
Display
None
Adlt Hit
Classic lCls Rock
College
Country
Language
Inform

Program Type16-Digit Character Display JazzJazzNewsNewsNostalgiaNostalgaOldiesOldiesPersonalityPersnltyPublicPublicRhythm and BluesR & BReligious MusicRel MuscReligious TalkRel TalkRockRockSoftSoftSoft RockSoft RckSoft Rhythm and BluesSoftR&BSportsSportsTalkTalkProgram Type16-Digit CharacterDisplayTop 40Top 40WeatherWeatherBy pressing the SEEK button when the Music Type iconis displayed, the radio will be tuned to the next frequencystation with the same selected Music Type name. TheMusic Type function only operates when in the FM mode.If a preset button is activated while in the Music Type(Program Type) mode, the Music Type mode will beexited and the radio will tune to the preset station.SETUP ButtonPressing the SETUP button allows you to select between the following items:4UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL 221

OK I went out to my same radio to see what and how to t you want to change. First off if you just use the SEEK buttons on the left side of the radio (up or down) you can change from HIP HOP to what ever (mine is on ROCK)

OR

You can also use the MENU button on the right side and select SYSTEM SETUP and select SAT MENU

RADIO MEDIA BUTTON (left side) LIST OR MUSIC TYPE on screen (touch screen to add red arrow to what you want)

It is like everything just start your Nitro and play with it on screen. It is just like a computer forget the instructions.

Good Luck. Hope this helps.

Table of Contents

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, we're getting warmer. That info does help me dial in the sound but what I really need to know is how to reset the radio station presets i.e. preset 1 is channel 102.1, preset 2 is channel 92.9 etc. How do I set my own channels over what's still there from the Nitro's previous owner? This is where the "Set" button comes in that I'm asking about. Thanks for your help Rick!

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
Ok, we're getting warmer. That info does help me dial in the sound but what I really need to know is how to reset the radio station presets i.e. preset 1 is channel 102.1, preset 2 is channel 92.9 etc. How do I set my own channels over what's still there from the Nitro's previous owner? This is where the "Set" button comes in that I'm asking about. Thanks for your help Rick!

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
Those are not satellite presets, they are OTA radio? Don't you have
SiriusXM® that is the only thing I listen to so I thought you were using it..

Use the same MENU button on the right side of your radio and activate AM or FM by touching it on top of the screen then select what you want to add or delete on screen for what you have selected, using the bottom list or presets. FORGET ABOUT THAT SET BUTTON use menu button to start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts