Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using one of these? I searched and found that a member at one time, had one for sale on the forum. I see that the dealers sell them for over $700. If you Google the part number, 82210209, there is a link to Auto Truck Toys: List price - $1,126.43, Sale price $934.95. I found one on ebay, located in Florida, starting bid $159.95. I bid $160 and got it! Today, there is another one listed for $550, in Chicago.
I had the original NAVUS in my Commander and was extremely satisfied with its performance. It used a 2GB memory card - I could update it by inserting the card in my computer slot, and reload it with new maps. It was extremely accurate, never let me down, and even worked in multi story parking garages. I never lost the signal once in 5 years. It was also a Garmin unit and they supported it up to a year ago. The screen was 2D, but that didn't bother me. It had all of the latest Garmin functions. It even came with a remote! It is my understanding that the NAVUS 2 is upgradeable using USB. If anyone is using one of these, can you comment on what you think of it? I like the fact that is built in, with no funky mounts or with wires showing. I realize the screen may be small, but it was not an issue for me. I also like the fact that it is mounted at eye level, as was the NAVUS in my Commander. I do not want a mygig w/NAV, as I do not think they are worth $2,000. Thanks for reading. :cool:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts