Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after this last trip to DC in the Nitro with my wife I decided I wanted/needed a bug deflector! I had to clean the windshield three times each way not to mention the whole front of the car as well.

Here is a quick pic of the Weathertech product mounted. It says '07-10 but seems to fit just fine on my '11. As I told my wife it mostly blends in with the dark Blackberry paint which I like so it does not stand out so much. Now, I just hope it actually helps to keep some bugs off of the glass! :)

I'll try to get some side pics sometime but we are meeting some friends for dinner soon.

Cy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Looks like it is "Blackberry"! Yes All aftermarket accessories I'm aware of fits 2007-2012(?) Nitros. Have had bug defectors on nearly all my vehicles and find they do work, but when you trade one in, its the first thing a Dealership takes off, before listing it for sale.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I like the stealth look. How does this affect your gas mileage? Years ago, I installed one on a Ford Explorer, and my gas mileage dropped about 25%! I only kept it on for about a month. Maybe designs have changed since then, so this is no longer such a big issue; possibly this is why dealers remove them when they take the vehicle in trade.
:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello!

Some of my Nitro Colleagues here in germany have also mounted the Deflector. It gives a good Optic. But all of us have got the problem, that at Speed over 120-140km/h the Motor Hood is vibrating, wants to come up. Not so good in my Opinion...

What's your Experience?
If you know this Effect, how do you avoid?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not seen any issues with hood vibration due to a negative air pressure build up as a result of adding the stone/bug deflector up to 80/85mph here in the states.

So far so good and it appears to be helping with the bugs.

Gas mileage does appear to be down about 2mph so definitely a little trade off there.

Cy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Cyklopz
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing