Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie hoping to get a Nitro in the next couple of weeks so any advise would be super helpful!

Ok so...like many of you, I have been fully addicted to the looks of the Nitro and I'm hoping I can pick one up later this month here in the UK. As you guys know, the fuel in the UK is a bloody rip off and I can't really afford to run a car that does less than 35mpg as I do 25k a year.

The problem I've got is that I could JUST about manage the cost of the 2.8 diesel but could really do with getting more MPG's, what are you guys that are running the 2.7 getting? Has anyone converted their 3.7l to LPG and if you have, what has the MPG gone up to?

Now the 3.7's seem pretty cheap here in the UK due to the cost so its actually looking pretty cost effective to buy one over the diesel and get it converted from pretty much the same value as the diesel.

Also, this is really for the guys in the UK. What are the parts like to source and are there any issues with garages not knowing how to fix the nitros. I generally use a tiny independent to do all my work on my car and just worried he wont be able to get parts. I'm based in Surrey in the SE.

Any help on the above would be grateful...once I get a beauty I promise to get involved and show her off!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
The CRD was never offered on the Nitro, here in the states. It was, years ago on the Jeep Liberty (Cherokee) but it was not certified in all 50 states, so the CRD was eliminated. There is very little interest in the states, concerning LPG conversions, but after reading about this type of conversion, there are huge gains to be made. Keep us informed as to your progress, and good luck in your efforts.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
So, so glad I came over here, in 86. U.K. is a financial mess now...

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I paid CDN $1.216/ltr last night. What are the rules over there now for switching engines? When I lived there you could do just anything, for instance i put a Dolomite 1500cc engine with O/D box in a Herald. is there any restrictions on conversions these days?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts