Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of dodge nitro just got it yesterday but here in the Philippines uconnect is not available from the dealer, is there a chance to install uconnect what. Should I need to buy from the united states to make it work? Thanks

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Welcome. What Radio do you have? This will determine what module you will need for uconnect. Here are 2 links.

Dodge Nitro Accessories - The Official Dodge Nitro Parts eStore offered by Chrysler

or

Dodge Nitro Accessories - The Official Dodge Nitro Parts eStore offered by Chrysler

Read these links. Once you do this, you can determine the unit that is correct for your vehicle. These are the units available for the 2011 Nitro.
To find these links, go to dodge.com
Click on the "for owners" link along the top
On the right side is the Mopar link: click on "find it, buy it, own it"
Click on "Nitro accessories"
If you don't have a 2011, change the year to find out what is available.

I have the media center 130 radio, and bought the voice operated module. My radio has the uconnect buttons on the face of the radio. I installed the unit myself. It took me about an hour. The only difficult part was removing the trim panel on the passenger side of the windshield. There is an air bag in there! The one wire harness plugs into the back of the radio and then runs over to the module. The module mounts under the glove compartment, by the kick plate. I installed the microphone by the rear view mirror. Very simple to install. Once installed, you will have to take it to your dealer to activate it via Starscan. This lets the vehicle know that the unit has been installed. This process is done with a lap top computer. My dealer charged me $100.00. Works great. My phone is a T mobile G2 (HTC), and all the functions loaded on the phone display on the radio screen. Neat. I wish the screen was a little bigger. I don't believe the information is downloaded to the uconnect module. I think it just reads it everytime I get in the car because it recognizes changes, such as a new contact, immediately.

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts