Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I´m an owner to an hyundai santa fe right now, until i hit a tree on the way home, so my car is trashed, so i´m looking for a new car and i think the Nitro is so cool.
But all the tests in Sweden are not so good for this car, the "critics" say that the car can not handle in speeds over 60 Km, that i think is mayby 45 MPH in corners ?.
I think that the car is so cool to look at.
I´m not looking for a car to race whit, i´ve got an hayabusa to race in the summer.
And when i cant get any good answers here in sweden i should try at your website.

Sorry for my poor english.

Regards, Staffan from sweden

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have no issues at all with handling in my Nitro. All of the 2011's came with a "Performance Suspension". I do not know what previous years had. The Nitro is heavy, built on a Jeep Liberty (Cherokee) chassis, so it performs well. I do not believe everything I read. I have not met one person who is sorry for buying a Nitro. You also have access to StarTech, the German tuner for the Nitro, so you have lots of options available to you.

:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Buy Nitro, you will not regret.
We have in Russia very cold and snowy winter, as you have in Sweden and Nitro handling perfectly. Today it was -27 C, I drove more than 110 kilometers, (accelerated to 120 km / h) and even in a cold he had great control. I had a lot of different machines (European and American), and Nitro is not worse than others.
This is a great car that can become a good friend to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, how is the 4Wheel drive, is it like the hyundai, in the road its 80 / 20 and when the front wheels cant get traction the back wheels get in, i´m sorry, i cant describe what i mean.
Does anyone have an adress where i can read specifications for a Nitro.

Regards stafan

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thank you, how is the 4Wheel drive, is it like the hyundai, in the road its 80 / 20 and when the front wheels cant get traction the back wheels get in, i´m sorry, i cant describe what i mean.
Does anyone have an adress where i can read specifications for a Nitro.

Regards stafan
Nitro is basically rear wheel drive (RWD). When you turn the switch to 4wd, the transfer case locks (electronically) the front and rear drive shafts together: 50/50. The front drive shaft and the front axles rotate all of the time, so there are no locking hubs. It is considered part time 4wd - no center differential, so the 4wd can only be used on slippery surfaces.

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts